It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wanted: Honest intelligent productive thinking to resolve the issue God exists or not.

page: 136
<< 133  134  135    137  138  139 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: spy66
a reply to: whereislogic
Now we have a issue within religion because Jesus tough us that we can all change if we want to. But the thing is you cant and you wont.

Sounds like you're arguing that Jesus was lying about that, or mistaken (as in, didn't know any better, but you do?).

Scripture is not telling us the truth when it comes to Jesus, because Jesus is not God. Jesus does not make the calls, God does.

Jesus is given authority. This imply that Jesus is not God.

Good thing the Bible never tells us that Jesus is God (Almighty, as in Jehovah God, his heavenly Father) then. That would be Trinitarians, Binitarians and predominantly Trinitarian bible translators that try to give people that idea. The Bible is actually very clear about that subject, as long as no one is fiddling around with the translation to make it appear otherwise (i.e. if you read an honest translation of texts such as John 1:1).

"and the Word was a god" (playlist)

Some more from the same playlist:

edit on 21-9-2020 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 06:31 AM
link   
MONO

Dear readers:

Let me resume my idea on the theory of everything, and it is that existence is always and everywhere present, so no need to seek the depths of subatomic space nor the heights of galaxy space, to formulate a theory of everything.

The theory of everything is God, in concept as the creator of cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

The theory of everything is existence, the theory of everything is also God: God is the Master Mind and existence is His Man Friday.

Think about this idea, before God made the universe there is already existence, and as scientists muse about it, the universe will end, but existence still continues to stand in reality space.

And the reason is because existence aka God is the default status of reality.

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Pachomius

Stop changing the subject..

What would you add to the definition of faith? What aspect of the definition needs changed?

What aspect of faith do you think needs covered? What aspect of faith is not adequately covered in the Holy Bible?

Why do the personal testimonies cornering the existence of God from the Holy Bible not count?

Do you believe your spirit will stand before the creator of the universe upon the death of your physical body?

How does your circular logic and your dogmatic definitions add to the Glory of God, and how will it change a heart harden against God?

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

Right and at the same time Jesus said to us: Don't pray to me pry to my father. Why would Jesus say that if Jesus is thee God..... Doesn't Jesus know who he is..?

Jesus praye's to God all the time according to scripture. Not to him self. Man don't you people understand what you read..? Where does it say that Jesus worshiped himself.... or prayed to himself..?

Talke about being groomed to being idiots. What was Jesus mission.... was it to forfill scripture...?

No wonder a lot of you who have so called faith will not make it.... Non of you understand what you read.

No wonder this Lord God is given so much credit.... It must be Jesus.... it is just that Jesus him self dosent know it. He dosent know that he created the Serphent in the garden east of Eden... That tried to fool him in the desert after 40 days.

Man you people got to wake up.....

Who created the serphent: God, Lord God or Jesus... Tip: Who created all that was good. Lord God, God or Jesus......

Jesus dident create a damn thing. Jesus mission was to forfill scripture.

So we are left with God and Lord God. Then it is odd that God is given all the credits in genesis chapter one. But after God rested on the seventh day. Lord God is credited with Chapter two..... And Lord God created a gareden East of Eden..... Where is east of Eden....and what is thee eden that is not to the east...? What is thee Eden before Lord God created a new garden to the east of it..?

There are so many questions to these chapter non of you have ever tried to think of......
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

In the beginning was the Word which also was god.

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance

In the beginning was the Word which also was god.

Right.

The singularity would never have happened without Gods word. Something can ever be created from nothing...Unless there is a cause.

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Some say the Bible = aliens

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   
MONO

Dear readers:

We must stick to honest intelligent productive thinking, the opposite of which is thinking and writing that is grounded on some ancient texts, or some texts which are produced by demised persons, like say one Bertrand Russell (died 1970).

The reason is because past records must not control today's humans in the pursuit of honest intelligent productive thinking, and why not?

Because then our mind can no longer look into the vast fields of reality, for example, today's religious persons like one Neutron, their vision of reality is claudicated* by fanatical attachment to an ancient collection of manuscripts called the Bible, which Bible is the produce of demised humans - I ask everyone who is into pursuit of honest intelligent productive thinking:

“How can any sane living brainy humans allow themselves to be claudicated* by demised ancient stone age very dead people?”

That is pure wasteful-ness of the precious brain matter of today's humans, these today's humans would be committing what is called in Japanese language hara kiri or seppuku.**

Dear all honest intelligent productive thinkers, let us come together to study what is existence also known as reality also known as thing (scil. opposed to nothing) and also known as GOD:

God in concept as the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

So, in order to have the whole full complete entire all picture of reality, we must no longer claudicate* ourselves in dead manuscripts of whatsoever demised authors, like the Bible or the Koran or what Hindu antique meditation manuals whatever.

Watch out for people like Neutron and his ilk, who are armed with long dead writings of stone age long demised gone forever back to dust writers authors of Bible, and Koran, and what else, primitive Hindu manuals of meditation.

First question we must always ask ourselves on any issue is:

Is this issue concerned with a THING or with nothing?

originally posted by: Pachomius
MONO

Dear readers:

Let me resume my idea on the theory of everything, and it is that existence is always and everywhere present, so no need to seek the depths of subatomic space nor the heights of galaxy space, to formulate a theory of everything.

The theory of everything is God, in concept as the creator of cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

The theory of everything is existence, the theory of everything is also God: God is the Master Mind and existence is His Man Friday.

Think about this idea, before God made the universe there is already existence, and as scientists muse about it, the universe will end, but existence still continues to stand in reality space.

And the reason is because existence aka God is the default status of reality.

*claudication (n.) a halting or limping, a limp," 1550s, from Middle French claudication (13c.) or directly from Latin claudicationem (nominative claudicatio) "a limping," noun of action from past participle stem of claudicare "to limp, be lame," from claudus "limping, halting, lame," which is of unknown origin. Related: Claudicant (adj.); claudicate.
www.etymonline.com...

**noun: hara-kiri; noun: harakiri

ritual suicide by disembowelment with a sword, formerly practiced in Japan by samurai as an honorable alternative to disgrace or execution.

What does hara kiri mean?
or any suicidal action
ceremonial suicide by ripping open the abdomen with a dagger or knife: formerly practiced in Japan by members of the warrior class when disgraced or sentenced to death. suicide or any suicidal action; a self-destructive act: political hara-kiri.

What does seppuku mean?
Often called “hara-kiri” in the West, “seppuku” is a form of ritual suicide that originated with Japan's ancient samurai warrior class. The grisly act typically involved stabbing oneself in the belly with a short sword, slicing open the stomach and then turning the blade upwards to ensure a fatal wound.
Cf. www.dictionary.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Anything to distract from your own dishonesty and false arguments in this thread. Or actual answering other persons questions, huh?

Or to distract from your own miserable failure addressing an age old question.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 01:25 AM
link   
MONO

Dear readers and posters who are honest intelligent productive searchers of facts, truths, logic, and the best ideas in the history of mankind, let us work together to find out how we know existence or reality is permanent i.e. eternal.

Somebody will ask me right away how do I prove that existence is eternal?

So, as usual I will invite him and me to work together as to concur on a mutually agreed on concept of what it is to prove something to exist.

By the way, this message is definitely connected to the OP, which is the following:

"Wanted: Honest intelligent productive thinking to resolve the issue God exists or not."

Is there any poster here who will volunteer to be first to propose an idea on what it is to prove something to exist?

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 03:40 AM
link   

I think the more import question is this. Will your spirit have to stand before the spirit that created the universe upon the death of your mortal body?

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance

Some say the Bible = aliens

Well, Eden and the garden east of Eden could imply it.

Eden is not on earth. The garden created east of Eden is not on earth. And we should know that by how it is protected. The garden created east of Eden is protected.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   
MONO

Well, I guess my opponents here are not courageous to volunteer to be first to propose his concept of what it is to prove something to exist.

So I will take the initiative to propose what to me in my honest intelligent productive thinking is the concept of what it is to prove something to exist.

1. With things which are accessible to our senses of sight, hearing, touch, taste, smell, and our super sense of consciousness, it is to bring ourselves and others to consciously experience the presence of the things which are accessible to our five external senses and one super sense of consciousness, by which consciousness we are aware of and experience our own existence.

2. What about things which are not accessible to our five external senses and our super sense of consciousness? Here I will again invite everyone to think up what it is to prove the existence of such things that are not accessible to the five external senses and our super sense of consciousness.

Dear everyone, let us all sit back and await with bated breath: to witness who has the courage to propose his answer to my No. 2 way of proving something to exist.

originally posted by: Pachomius
MONO

Dear readers and posters who are honest intelligent productive searchers of facts, truths, logic, and the best ideas in the history of mankind, let us work together to find out how we know existence or reality is permanent i.e. eternal.

Somebody will ask me right away how do I prove that existence is eternal?

So, as usual I will invite him and me to work together as to concur on a mutually agreed on concept of what it is to prove something to exist.

By the way, this message is definitely connected to the OP, which is the following:

"Wanted: Honest intelligent productive thinking to resolve the issue God exists or not."

Is there any poster here who will volunteer to be first to propose an idea on what it is to prove something to exist?

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 03:25 AM
link   

You don’t have the courage to answer to the below questions.

What would you add to the definition of faith? What aspect of the definition needs changed?

What aspect of faith do you think needs covered? What aspect of faith is not adequately covered in the Holy Bible?

Why do the personal testimonies cornering the existence of God from the Holy Bible not count?

Do you believe your spirit will stand before the creator of the universe upon the death of your physical body?

How does your circular logic and your dogmatic definitions add to the Glory of God, and how will it change a heart harden against God?

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   
MONO

Dear Neutron:

Now that you still want to talk about faith, and you have already brought forth Webster's definition of faith, and you don't want to reduce Webster's definition of faith into not more than 20 words, but you are to date the only human here with the courage to interact with me, even though you want to derail my thread, just the same I have to deal with you for the time being, wherefore:

I will choose one question from your several questions in your quote below, namely:

"Why do the personal testimonies cornering the existence of God from the Holy Bible not count?"

And my answer is the following:

"Because I want every person interacting with me to do his very own personal thinking, on his very own stock knowledge and information, without consulting demised thinkers like authors in the Bible, or dictionaries, or encyclopedias, or other living authors, but with purely by his very own personal use of his brain tissues employ his truly honest intelligent productive thinking, to come to - at this point in time, tell me what it is to prove that something exists, and in his very own personal employment of words.

There.

So, I await with bated breath to read your reply to this my message here to you, okay?

originally posted by: neutronflux

You don’t have the courage to answer to the below questions.

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I speak English. Why would I not go by the English definition.

Again....

originally posted by: neutronflux

Again...

faith noun
Save Word
To save this word, you'll need to log in.
ˈfāth
plural faiths ˈfāths , sometimes ˈfāt͟hz
Definition of faith (Entry 1 of 2)
1a : allegiance to duty or a person : LOYALTY
lost faith in the company's president
b(1) : fidelity to one's promises
(2) : sincerity of intentions
acted in good faith
2a(1) : belief and trust in and loyalty to God
(2) : belief in the traditional doctrines of a religion
b(1) : firm belief in something for which there is no proof
clinging to the faith that her missing son would one day return
(2) : complete trust
3 : something that is believed especially with strong conviction
especially : a system of religious beliefs
the Protestant faith
on faith
: without question
took everything he said on faith
faith verb
ˈfāth
faithed; faithing; faiths
Definition of faith (Entry 2 of 2)
transitive verb
archaic
: BELIEVE, TRUST

www.merriam-webster.com...

What would you add to the definition of faith?

Again.

I learn by compare and contrast

John 20:24-29
New International Version
Jesus Appears to Thomas
24 Now Thomas(A) (also known as Didymus[a]), one of the Twelve, was not with the disciples when Jesus came. 25 So the other disciples told him, “We have seen the Lord!”

But he said to them, “Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side,(B) I will not believe.”(C)

26 A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace(D) be with you!”(E) 27 Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.”(F)

28 Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!”

29 Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed;(G) blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”(H)

www.merriam-webster.com...

There is a book big on faith..

Matthew 21:22 ESV / 1,880 helpful votes

And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith.”

Hebrews 11:6 ESV / 1,806 helpful votes

And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.

Romans 10:17 ESV / 1,789 helpful votes

So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.

Hebrews 11:1 ESV / 1,519 helpful votes

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.

Mark 11:22-24 ESV / 1,233 helpful votes

And Jesus answered them, “Have faith in God. Truly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will come to pass, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

James 2:19 ESV / 992 helpful votes

You believe that God is one; you do well. Even the demons believe—and shudder!

Ephesians 2:8-9 ESV / 974 helpful votes

For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Luke 1:37 ESV / 907 helpful votes

For nothing will be impossible with God.”

Proverbs 3:5-6 ESV / 852 helpful votes

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

2 Corinthians 5:7 ESV / 816 helpful votes

For we walk by faith, not by sight.

www.openbible.info...

What would you add to the listed lessons?

Is the below false faith and false evidence concerning God truly exists?

God's So Great Salvation: A Personal Testimony

www.wholesomewords.org...

After nights of reading the Bible, one evening while I was reading in the Gospels, I saw that Jesus was God and the only way of salvation. Whereas I was previously blind to spiritual things, God opened my eyes and my unbelief suddenly left. What my parents had told me about God's salvation was true!

I now understood John 3:16 in the Bible (For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life) and I believed God and His provision of His Son for me, and I placed my faith in the Lord Jesus Christ as my Saviour.

Religious free testimony concerning God in scripture? Is Daniel’s testimony about being delivered from death from the Lion’s den by God false testimony for a God that exists?
edit on 23-9-2020 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   
MONO

Dear Neutron:

You are not telling me what I want to read from you, namely:

Use your very own brain tissues and relate to me what it is to prove the existence of something.

I see you very obviously and conspicuously still however vacuously into derailing by tsunami of none thread related posting, to exert useless efforts to continue on and on and on with your silly campaign to keep people linked to your Bible fanaticism.

Okay, dear readers, I suggest that you all witness to this continuous unremitting ridiculous and hopeless fanaticism of Neutron: to flood my thread with his naive idea of bringing the Bible to my thread, to usurp it to his evil end.

I hope that ATS will take action, for it is clear that the man Neutron is into proselytization of readers and posters of good intention, to become also like himself, already some kind of self-mechanized robot for the spread of Bible exposure in the internet.

Addressing Neutron, the subject at this point in time is the following:

What is it to prove that something exists.

And it is connected to the OP:

Wanted: Honest intelligent productive thinking to resolve the issue God exists or not.

Okay, dear Neutron, continue with your foolish crusade, it serves to keep my thread visible in the roster of active threads - the evil that man does serves the good end of fellow men, like Yours Truly, Pachomius.

(Softly) Hehehehe...

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Rember to sin a bit you simps so that Jesus wont feel that he died for nothing....

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Your the one that wanted the definition of faith.

I provided the definition. Then examples.

And your the one that is the doubting Thomas in the context you want evidence.

Why ask for evidence if you had a personal relationship with God through faith.
edit on 23-9-2020 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   

God really is like a friend in this context. You have faith God exists. You have faith a few people you know are friends.

Calling upon one or the other in times of trouble proves if that faith was warranted. That doesn’t mean there is no consequences for one’s actions. But trouble does reveal the truth of your faith, and if you will still have that personal relationship born through faith.

new topics

top topics

<< 133  134  135    137  138  139 >>

join