It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wanted: Honest intelligent productive thinking to resolve the issue God exists or not.

page: 132
<< 129  130  131    133  134  135 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Drucifer
STEREO
(Because it’s more fun than MONO)

If God exists then Satan is a 14 year old kid playing Grand Theft Auto 2,000,000 and we’re the NPC’s in an open world environment. We’re just now hitting the point in the game where the kid is bored and wants to see how much damage he can create.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance

STEREO

If God exists then Satan is a 14 year old kid playing Grand Theft Auto 2,000,000 and we’re the NPC’s in an open world environment. We’re just now hitting the point in the game where the kid is bored and wants to see how much damage he can create.

Or siad in a different way. Satan is gaining authority ove earth. Becasue he is winning the people. This is all in scripture.... But this is not just the work of satan. God have also put it into our harts to do this evil. Gods testemoney is going to come true. This all have ot take place... Everything is going according to plan....
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   

STEREO

Like I said, I was being facetious with that bit.

But in the context of God being consciousness, I would have to argue that Satan is consciousness as well, just focused on the negative consciousness instead of positive consciousness.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   

STEREO

But in the context of God being consciousness, I would have to argue that Satan is consciousness as well, just focused on the negative consciousness instead of positive consciousness.

Satan is just a chip on the chess board. WHat is very important is who are you in all this...?

If a am going to make a guess. It is the people who are board. It is the people who are left in the dark. We have no clue... and at the same time this is all about us....

What is the main difference between us and a dog..? Would that be loyalty..?

There is a thing about us humans that make us different than animal. And that is loyalty.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

You may be on-to something.

We have complicated 'everything' : to the point of ridiculous complexity.

Perhaps believing any of it : is our first misstep ?

We have already learned that any attempt to describe the 'Indescribable' : is an exercise in futile grandstanding.

A map could be helpful.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

You may be on-to something.

We have complicated 'everything' : to the point of ridiculous complexity.

Perhaps believing any of it : is our first misstep ?

We have already learned that any attempt to describe the 'Indescribable' : is an exercise in futile grandstanding.

A map could be helpful.

What we lack is loyalty. Humans are the only spiecies on earth that dont care about loyalty. We demand loyalty but we dont up hold it.... Its like we say that we dont like being lied to, but we our selves lie all the time.

When are we going to be honest...?

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: spy66

STEREO

Satan is just a chip on the chess board. WHat is very important is who are you in all this...?

If a am going to make a guess. It is the people who are board. It is the people who are left in the dark. We have no clue... and at the same time this is all about us....

What is the main difference between us and a dog..? Would that be loyalty..?

There is a thing about us humans that make us different than animal. And that is loyalty.

I don't disagree.

In regards to who *I* am, well, I'm a guy who realized around the age of 22 came to terms with the fact that I was a pathological liar and then spent the next 15 years destroying the part of me that found the need to lie. It was never malicious or ill-willed, I just did it to inflate my own ego/create a version of me that I thought was cooler than reality.

While it was easy to stop lying to other people, lying to myself was hard to stop and I still catch myself at times making something bigger in my head than it needs to be. It's the last bit of self-sabotage I have left. I'll start forming ideas about something in order to make myself feel depressed/anxious. The only way to counter that is to only entertain absolute truths that I can prove. It's all little stuff, but my brain has a habit of taking a bunch of little things, connecting them and seeing it as a sign of my impending doom.

I definitely believe humans have gotten so far away from truth that it's going to be hard to reign everyone back in. We live in a world of hyperbole and misdirection and it's pervaded every aspect of our lives. Monkey see, monkey do.

In regards to animals, I stopped eating them and the products derived from them long ago simply because I do not believe we're all that different, they're just, morally, much better off than we are.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Drucifer

What you say is about your self is the best i have ever heard.... You know....., being honest about who you are is very rear thing today... You have come further than most people in here have.....

Rule nr 1. to honesty is being honest to one self. You wont know anything about the truth until you at least is honest to your self. If your life is based on bull#t. So is eveything else.

It is only when you want to be honest. You will be able to see the crap everyne one else state or say. Common sense is a lot more than just the mind.

The reason why i can comment on everyone elses buuulllshiit is becasue i am honest. I can call them out.... No one will argue against the truth. If they do you know it is a load of crap....

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   
MONO

Dear Drucifer:

Please just choose one point that is relevant to the OP, for me to interact with you on, okay? And keep it to just not over 50 words.

For the rest, please be reminded that the thread is on God, as existing or not, and by way of reasoning, not on any revelation authority.

And no need to bring in Satan to increase your post volume with derails.

Drucifer posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 05:15 AM
- - - - - - - - - - - -

STEREO

If God exists, it’s a 14 year old kid playing Grand Theft Auto 2,000,000 and we’re the NPC’s in an open world environment. We’re just now hitting the point in the game where the kid is bored and wants to see how much damage he can create.

While I’m a bit facetious in the above, sometimes I do find myself wondering if we’re really in a simulation or not.

Also, I don’t have time to go back over 130 pages of back and forth bickering (I’ve dropped in a few times over the last couple months to see what was being said). But for sake of clarity, is the God being discussed here only the Christian God, or can it be anyone’s God?

In my case, I believe God is consciousness, of which we are all a part of and has given life and form to all things. It’s everywhere and everything. The chair you’re sitting on is consciousness in physical form, because consciousness had to exist in order for it to exist. Within my beliefs, God would have to be real because we know consciousness is real. I think, therefore I am.

This topic initially came into my life via the book Three Magic Words by U.S. Anderson. Really good book that might interest some of you, pretty quick read. It may be a bit far fetched to some and to others it may be in line with their beliefs. It goes into stuff like Jesus really turning water into wine and walking on water, because Jesus understood that consciousness is everything. Because of Jesus’ understanding of consciousness and how it worked, he was able to pull off miracles, which aren’t really miracles, because it’s something we’re all capable of. We are unable to do so because we seek proof of everything and us being mere mortals, see these miracles as something Godly and we’ve long became detached from our godliness. The last chapter (Spoiler!) tells us the three magic words are “I Am God”.

===============================
IDGAF About Your Two Parties.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Pachomius

You will get no where.

You have not faith. You have no honesty and you have no loyalty.

How can you demand anything...?

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   

In Moses' writings in Genesis it shows a vivid understand of the autonomic nervous system, which is also known as the serpent brain. The serpent brain is sub-divided into two yin-yang functioning components: the parasympathetic and sympathetic nervous system. These two sub-systems of the serpent brain are described with perfect precision in Moses' description of the tree of life and the tree of knowledge which reside in the middle of the garden (our body).

This is why the entity talking to them is a serpent, because the dilemma is not only on the outside, but is also occurring internally as well because Adam and Eve are synchronized with all creation. Originally, Adam and Eve only had their parasympathetic system activated, which is what is meant by eating of the tree of life. These two sub-systems of the reptilian brain are also literally shaped like trees in our nervous system, branching out and innervating the body. There was one thing they could not do: activate the sympathetic nervous system (eat of the tree of knowledge)...

From context clues, Adam and Eve were in a sort of tantric embrace, which was resulting in a trance state in which they could literally do anything they wanted ("eat of any tree in the garden"). The only way their embrace would end would be if Adam orgasmed and had to end the embrace. Sex is a function of the parasympathetic system, but orgasming is specifically a function of the sympathetic nervous system. Once Adam was enticed by Eve's orgasm, he couldn't hold it any longer and they opened their eyes (ending the trance), separated, found clothes, and Eve became impregnated.

The resulting consequences are all functions of the sympathetic nervous system:

1) Fear
2) Stress
3) Physical work

This was the consequence of activating the sympathetic nervous system. Even worse, they were no longer able to eat of the tree of life and live forever. This is a remarkably accurate statement. When one of these sub-systems is activated, it lowers the expression of the other. So originally Adam and Eve were purely activating their parasympathetic, or in other words eating of the tree of life. The tree of life grants immortality because it is the parasympathetic nervous system, which has the function of cellular/bodily repair and could in theory perpetuate forever.

This is why activating the sympathetic nervous system (tree of knowledge) put an end to their immortal state and we've been enslaved to the fear-based fight-or-flight serpent brain Satan ever since.
edit on 16-9-2020 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

The garden of eden.............. The Theory... Who beleives all that they read....?

What really happened....................................................

First of all: was the Garden east of Eden Gods work...? No.... it was not. God rested on the seventh day.

Who did the work the other days when God rested...? Was it Lord God...?

We all know that satan is the deciver..... But we all think that God formed Adam and Eve.

Don't beleive everything you read....

It is also mentioned that only Adam was cast out of Eden. But non of you take headen to that is written in black and white.... You bloody fools...Don't you understand what you read..... Only "He" was cast out of Eden....

In chapter one, God only created that was good. But in chapter two Lord God also created the serphant.......Not so very good.
Damn don't you people understand what you read...... Don't you pay attention to details....

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   

a reply to: cooperton

The garden of eden.............. The Theory... Who beleives all that they read....?

If Moses's writings can describe neurological functions which we only barely understand today then I tend to give credence to the account. Especially since the Greeks and Egyptians have a similar Creation story in their historical records. The first Man according to the Egyptians was Atum (pronounced Adam). Atum had a child Set (Seth). The Egyptians were different than the Hebrews... The Hebrews loved Seth because he was a nomadic wanderer like Moses and Abraham, whereas the Egyptians hated Seth because they called him a rebellious wanderer who opposed the building of sedentary civilization.

I'm telling you man... It's all very real. We have to undo most of what we learned in school and read actual historical records to see what happened.

In chapter one, God only created that was good. But in chapter two Lord God also created the serphant.......Not so very good.
Damn don't you people understand what you read...... Don't you pay attention to details....

Why is the serpent not good? Even Archangels don't say such things about Satan. He's a necessary force otherwise God would not allow Him to persist.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pachomius
MONO

Dear Drucifer:

Please just choose one point that is relevant to the OP, for me to interact with you on, okay? And keep it to just not over 50 words.

For the rest, please be reminded that the thread is on God, as existing or not, and by way of reasoning, not on any revelation authority.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

STEREO

If God exists, it’s a 14 year old kid playing Grand Theft Auto 2,000,000 and we’re the NPC’s in an open world environment. We’re just now hitting the point in the game where the kid is bored and wants to see how much damage he can create.

While I’m a bit facetious in the above, sometimes I do find myself wondering if we’re really in a simulation or not.

Also, I don’t have time to go back over 130 pages of back and forth bickering (I’ve dropped in a few times over the last couple months to see what was being said). But for sake of clarity, is the God being discussed here only the Christian God, or can it be anyone’s God?

In my case, I believe God is consciousness, of which we are all a part of and has given life and form to all things. It’s everywhere and everything. The chair you’re sitting on is consciousness in physical form, because consciousness had to exist in order for it to exist. Within my beliefs, God would have to be real because we know consciousness is real. I think, therefore I am.

This topic initially came into my life via the book Three Magic Words by U.S. Anderson. Really good book that might interest some of you, pretty quick read. It may be a bit far fetched to some and to others it may be in line with their beliefs. It goes into stuff like Jesus really turning water into wine and walking on water, because Jesus understood that consciousness is everything. Because of Jesus’ understanding of consciousness and how it worked, he was able to pull off miracles, which aren’t really miracles, because it’s something we’re all capable of. We are unable to do so because we seek proof of everything and us being mere mortals, see these miracles as something Godly and we’ve long became detached from our godliness. The last chapter (Spoiler!) tells us the three magic words are “I Am God”.

You want to tackle the biggest question in our existence and want people to keep it to under 50 words?
I'll make a deal with ya, I'll write what I want to get my point across and you pick 50 words out of it to hold onto.

And someone else brought up Satan, I just responded. There is no desire to drive up my post count, I've been here for practically 10 years and if that were a goal of mine, it'd be evident by my actual post count.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 07:19 PM
link   

a reply to: Drucifer

What you say is about your self is the best i have ever heard.... You know....., being honest about who you are is very rear thing today... You have come further than most people in here have.....

Rule nr 1. to honesty is being honest to one self. You wont know anything about the truth until you at least is honest to your self. If your life is based on bull#t. So is eveything else.

It is only when you want to be honest. You will be able to see the crap everyne one else state or say. Common sense is a lot more than just the mind.

The reason why i can comment on everyone elses buuulllshiit is becasue i am honest. I can call them out.... No one will argue against the truth. If they do you know it is a load of crap....

Unfortunately, I've come to find most believe they are being honest and even when they know they aren't, they'll double down on dishonesty to prove a point.

And hell, even using my own definition of God (consciousness), the further away from truth one moves, the further away from God one is. I do not believe consciousness can lie or be deceitful, as those are human creations.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   

And hell, even using my own definition of God (consciousness), the further away from truth one moves, the further away from God one is. I do not believe consciousness can lie or be deceitful, as those are human creations.

When Jesus saw Nathanael approaching, he said of him, "Here truly is an Israelite in whom there is no deceit."

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 09:48 PM
link   
MONO

Dear Drucifer, you tell me:

You want to tackle the biggest question in our existence and want people to keep it to under 50 words?
    I'll make a deal with ya, I'll write what I want to get my point across and you pick 50 words out of it to hold onto.

I am still waiting.

originally posted by: Pachomius
MONO

Dear Drucifer:

- - - - - - - - - - - -

STEREO

And someone else brought up Satan, I just responded. There is no desire to drive up my post count, I've been here for practically 10 years and if that were a goal of mine, it'd be evident by my actual post count.

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
The first Man according to the Egyptians was Atum (pronounced Adam). Atum had a child Set (Seth). ...

Those are gods.

Atum ... is an important deity in Egyptian mythology.

Set ... is a god of deserts, storms, disorder, violence, and foreigners in ancient Egyptian religion.

Source: wikipedia

Set, also known as Seth and Suetekh, was the Egyptian god of war, chaos and storms, ...

Source: Ancient History Encyclopedia

Even Archangels don't say such things about Satan.

The prefix “arch,” meaning “chief” or “principal,” implies that there is only one archangel, the chief angel; in the Scriptures, “archangel” is never found in the plural.

The idea of multiple archangels probably comes from the Roman Catholic Church, or the Eastern Orthodox Church, or both. The identity of this archangel is inconvenient to these Trinitarian religions, so they invented a whole bunch of 'm while keeping people in the dark regarding the inconvenient fact I mentioned above (which most of their Trinitarian bible translators and some theologians are well aware of, hence the expression: 'keeping people in the dark', while knowing better).

The Bible gives the name of the archangel, identifying him as Michael (Miʹcha·el) [Who Is Like God?].​—Da 12:1; Jude 9; Re 12:7.

“He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation;” (Col 1:15). When on earth as a perfect man, he reflected his Father’s qualities and personality to the fullest extent possible within human limitations, so he could say that “he that has seen me has seen the Father also.” (Joh 14:9; 5:17, 19, 30, 36; 8:28, 38, 42) This likeness, however, was certainly heightened at the time of his resurrection to spirit life and his being granted “all authority . . . in heaven and on the earth” by his Father, Jehovah God. (1Pe 3:18; Mt 28:18) Since God then exalted him to “a superior position,” God’s Son now reflected his Father’s glory to an even greater degree than he had before leaving the heavens to come to earth. (Php 2:9; Heb 2:9) He is now “the exact representation of [God’s] very being.”​—Heb 1:2-4.

So, Who Is Like God? Who is Michael (Miʹcha·el)?*

*: Among the Hebrew words that are translated “God” is ʼEl, probably meaning “Mighty One; Strong One.” (Ge 14:18) It is used with reference to Jehovah, to other gods, and to men. It is also used extensively in the makeup of proper names, such as Elisha (meaning “God Is Salvation”) and Michael (“Who Is Like God?”). Names in Hebrew often have meanings where words in Hebrew are combined into a name, see for example these theophoric names (names that contain part of the divine name combined with a Hebrew word):

At Isaiah 9:6 Jesus Christ is prophetically called ʼEl Gib·bohrʹ, “Mighty God” (not ʼEl Shad·daiʹ [God Almighty], which is applied to Jehovah at Genesis 17:1).

When Jesus saw Nathanael approaching, he said of him, "Here truly is an Israelite in whom there is no deceit."

From the information above you can now figure out for yourself what the name Nathanael means, if curious. “Nathan” is covered in the video. Just something I noticed when reading your comment with that name in it.
edit on 17-9-2020 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Is God a release or a ball and chain?

Or none of the two?
edit on 17-9-2020 by Out6of9Balance because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Is God a release or a ball and chain?

Or none of the two?

God is peace of mind.
God is now ( presence).

Stay with what is actual......barking dog, chirping birds, the sound of cars, a flower.....and notice thoughts arising about other times but let them go because thought is known to be occuring and thought speaks about things which aren't.

Truth is now.

Wouldn't life feel lighter if you didn't have to carry time around?
edit on 17-9-2020 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 129  130  131    133  134  135 >>

join