It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wanted: Honest intelligent productive thinking to resolve the issue God exists or not.

page: 131
<< 128  129  130    132  133  134 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

originally posted by: spy66

When the singularity was formed. All the complexities were set. Everything that ever was and that ever will be were decided when the singularity was formed. Even your reply to me. Wrap your head around that.....

The Alpha and Omega point. The beginning singularity which expanded outwards into duality, which will one day return the Unity. The thing we are seldom told about the observations regarding the big bang expansion is that it occurred at every point in the universe simultaneously. There is no true center, because all points are equally true to be the center. This accounts for the omni-presence of this primordial Source

Not bad...

The beginning singularity expanding outwards into duality. Which will one day return to unity...

You have to tell me all about it.....

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

Yet others may say : Whip Trigen mustn't remouve the 'n' from the name ; not to be Whip Trige...

The others must think that 'not' is necessary.

Within the Orthodox Methodologies of Metaphysical Theoretic: to prove a concept true, is to be able to prove it untrue.

Pachomius was correct. I am out of my depth in this thread.

But I did discover a cult.
See: www.abovetopsecret.com...
and: www.abovetopsecret.com...

It was a strange path leading to the discovery,
from an old hymn
to the ancient site of its singing
to history of the cite
to ancient language term
to modern re-purpose of older term
to obvious modern misinterpretation of ancient term.

The concept of creator of all.
From humble roots to delusions of grandeur.

I should have taken notes, drawn a map, or something!

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   
MONO

Let us all just investigate how we come to know that we exist in existence, so first answer this question, then we can examine whether God exists also, and that in existence.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

You

I have to laugh.... Do you think God cares if you dont worry about material things. It is not what scripture is about.

I think God is about Godly things. And not about material things. Funny you invoke “scripture” but cannot grasp the deeper meaning of what I post.

Matthew 6

biblehub.com...

Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

So sorry I very simply said “ And my hope is not in the material world.” With this scripture in my heart.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   
MONO

Dear everyone, in particular, Neutron:

What do you say, Is or isn't our conscious experience the only gateway of our contact with existence? Yes or no?

So that if you never have conscious experience, you whatever you are, you are not into existing as a biological and mental entity.

I await with bated breath your reaction to this message from me.

Of course, you have to exercise genuine honest intelligent productive thinking to get what my point is; if you don't exercise genuine honest intelligent productive thinking, you will pretend to inquire what my point is in the present post.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Pachomius

I await with “bated” breath for you to answer question asked of you.

originally posted by: neutronflux
a reply to: Pachomius

You

Okay, dear Neutron, define faith - he will run away.

Look at you, more falsehoods by you

I have posted the definition of faith several times with working examples. Is that a false statement.

Why would you harm your credibility with such a easily proven wrong statement.

I bet your one of those people that ignore what is actually posted in the thread. You have selective memory. Or pride Where you ignore everyone else’s posts, and beliefs.

You didn’t answer what was actually posted. You should stay away from statements like “ he will run away” when your the one “running” away. So not only is there your documented falsehood, there is your documented hypocrisy.

Again... stop changing the subject.

It’s not proof. It circular logic.

It’s no different than saying:

The universe is in a state of flux with matter always existing. After a cycle of collapse and expansion, the universe was reborn with mostly hydrogen. The hydrogen collected and formed the stars. The stars through fusion converted the hydrogen into heavier and heavier elements that compose the human body.

The elements were full of chemical potential energy. The chemicals combined until the primordial soup that gave rise to life was formed. Giving rise to chemical machines.

See logic is not proof.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 10:44 PM
link   
What would constitute proof of God's existence ?
What would prove otherwise.
Does non falsifiability conclude that something is not true ?
To me, it suggests that this is not a matter of logic.
It is a matter of Faith.
Only God can know 100% if he exists or not.
Same as you.
edit on 00000091048910America/Chicago15 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: rom12345

If God submitted Herself for thorough examination at Oxford might do it.
All those MRIs and EEGs and X-rays and Carbon-14, and all that stuff I've never heard of.

After all those tests and stuff show that she must be God, and then, all hooked up to every existing form of lie detecting device, She says, "I'm not really God, this was only a test to determine whether you all have the right stuff." And the truth detectors show She's telling the truth.

Or She. And if She happens to be self aware.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

All those MRIs and EEGs and X-rays and Carbon-14, and all that stuff I've never heard of.

So to make God do something would prove His existence? Would you also give it a covid vaccine?

After all those tests and stuff show that she must be God, and then, all hooked up to every existing form of lie detecting device, She says, "I'm not really God, this was only a test to determine whether you all have the right stuff." And the truth detectors show She's telling the truth.

So you would let Him submit to some tests that prove He's God just to put Him on a lie detector to get to know the tests are valid.

Wouldn't that be a dumb idea?
edit on 15-9-2020 by Out6of9Balance because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

So to make God do something would prove His existence?

Did I write anything about making? "If God submitted Herself"

Would you also give it a covid vaccine?

I don't work at Oxford. Never even been there, much less, am I certified to give any type of pharmaceutical. And what vaccine? Do you know of one?

Wouldn't that be a dumb idea?

Yes. Probably.

edit on 16-9-2020 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

I understand. We're all full of good ideas.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Not bad...

The beginning singularity expanding outwards into duality. Which will one day return to unity...

You have to tell me all about it.....

The "Pleroma" is a word often used to described this fulfillment. Love allows the fulfillment of Unity and the eternal aeon, whereas selfishness/adversarial (Satan) consciousness leads to death and disease. The word religion is from the Latin 'Religare' meaning to unite or tie together.

If God the Source is an extradimensional female, it could not have impregnated mother earth. God, the Origin and Source of all things, conceived all matter (matter comes from the Latin 'mater' which means mother). Moses claims that God's Spirit enlivened matter into a biological avatar for His Spirit to inhabit. His accuracy describing the serpent brain and the autonomic nervous system are enough to convince any open-minded person. If you're interested I can go into detail.

Human anatomy is enough to prove to us that there was a designer. Name any part of our body and I can go into detail about the necessity of design.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 06:37 AM
link   

When the singularity was formed. All the complexities were set. Everything that ever was and that ever will be were decided when the singularity was formed. Even your reply to me. Wrap your head around that.....

The Alpha and Omega point. The beginning singularity which expanded outwards into duality, which will one day return the Unity. The thing we are seldom told about the observations regarding the big bang expansion is that it occurred at every point in the universe simultaneously. There is no true center, because all points are equally true to be the center. This accounts for the omni-presence of this primordial Source

Not bad...

Life is what is happening.......it never was two.

The two is 'you' plus 'life'............there is no you separate from what is happening!

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

The two is 'you' plus 'life'............there is no you separate from what is happening!

In the ideal i would agree, but in the reality of this fallen world we are very much manifesting dualistic antagonistic concepts and behaviors that make such a separation apparent. I don't think you overcome dualism by ignoring it, you overcome it by being a peacemaker and unifying it

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

If God the Source is an extradimensional female, it could not have impregnated mother earth. God, the Origin and Source of all things, conceived all matter (matter comes from the Latin 'mater' which means mother).

Matter: etymology:
First recorded in 1175–1225; Middle English mater(e), materie, from Anglo-French, Old French mat(i)ere, materie, from Latin māteria “woody part of a tree, material, substance,” derivative of māter “mother”; see also mother1

In philosophy, hyle (/ˈhaɪliː/; from Ancient Greek: ὕλη) refers to matter or stuff.[1] It can also be the material cause underlying a change in Aristotelian philosophy.[2] The Greeks originally had no word for matter in general, as opposed to raw material suitable for some specific purpose or other, so Aristotle adapted the word for "wood" to this purpose.
wikipedia - Hyle

Interesting that Aristotle used to word for wood to describe matter, and the Latin uses wood too.

Does that mean that people who like trees a lot are materialists ?

Most polytheism starts with Father Sky and Mother Earth, necessity of rain for things to grow. It gets complicated in areas which rely on springs and wells for water, then there are under Earth water gods like Enki living in the abzu who are responsible for providing the sperm.

Advanced polytheisms can get really complicated. Some wise people saw that the sperm from the sky and the sperm from the Abzu were functionally similar, like a reflection of one another see Exodus 24:9-11.

The alleged temple of Solomon included an abzu too, pretty much like the Mesopotamians had in their temples. Polytheism is complicated enough without mentioning the Queen of Heaven, so I won't mention her.

Moses claims that God's Spirit enlivened matter into a biological avatar for His Spirit to inhabit. His accuracy describing the serpent brain and the autonomic nervous system are enough to convince any open-minded person. If you're interested I can go into detail.

If you want to go into detail, that would be interesting.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 12:46 PM
link   
MONO

Dear rom12345:

Would you concur with me that to prove God exists or not, first we have to know what it is to exist, like I exist, you exist, he she it exists.

Otherwise we are talking about something that God is possessing or not possessing, without knowing what it is at all 'to exist' - do you understand my point?

That question is also addressed to every poster who contributes to this my thread, so that when we do not concur on what it is to exist, we are talking about something without knowing what it is at all, and that is most insane.

For myself, I know what it is to exist, what about you guys?

If you don't know what it is to exist, then you are all talking without knowing what you are talking about, and that is insane.

rom12345 posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 12:44 PM
- - - - - - - - - -

Does non falsifiability conclude that something is not true ?
To me, it suggests that this is not a matter of logic.
It is a matter of Faith.
Same as you.

= = = = = = = = = = = =
edit on 00000091048910America/Chicago15 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

- - - - - - - - - - - --
“Real knowledge is to know the extent of ones ignorance.” - Confucius

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

The "Pleroma" is a word often used to described this fulfillment. Love allows the fulfillment of Unity and the eternal aeon, whereas selfishness/adversarial (Satan) consciousness leads to death and disease. The word religion is from the Latin 'Religare' meaning to unite or tie together.

This is exactly where people mess up. Life is not about love per-say. It is about loyalty and honesty, because that is what love is. It is about who you are and who you want to become. You want to represent who you are.... You can be a atter # head and still love...But you lack both honesty and loyalty. Becasue your loyalty is only to your own self. Damn just look at all these single mothers and single fathers out there. They have no damn loyalty at all. It is all about them and their feelings. They dont know what a commitment is and they dont know what loyalty is. These individuals dont know how to solve a problem at all.... And these peopel are running our scociety....And speaking as if they have the know how.

Wake up....

Peopel who always give up will never reach the goal line. These people dont know what it feels like to be loyal and faithfull.... But at the same time that is what they argue....as if they know what loyalty is...

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

Not bad...

No, it never was two. There is only one timeline. And that is the one we are experiancing right now. Our history is not dual it is a oneliner.

Correct life is what we experiance live. Everything else is history...it is in the past. It already happened. We can not by some theory suddenly change our past timeline. And there is no way in hell we will be able to change the future...That is set for us.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   
MONO

Dear Neutron:

I really care to engage in a sustained exchange with you, but I despair because you are always shifting from the actual issue on hand, of course every issue I enter into here in my thread, it is connected to the OP, namely:

Wanted: Honest intelligent productive thinking to resolve the issue God exists or not.

At this moment I am into the subject what is existence, because we do exist, and the OP is about God existing or not, so what do you say, will you react to my preceding post as follows?

Pachomius posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 02:46 AM
- - - - - - - - - - - -

[ . . . . ]

Would you concur with me that to prove God exists or not, first we have to know what it is to exist, like I exist, you exist, he she it exists.

Otherwise we are talking about something that God is possessing or not possessing, without knowing what it is at all 'to exist' - do you understand my point?

That question is also addressed to every poster who contributes to this my thread, so that when we do not concur on what it is to exist, we are talking about something without knowing what it is at all, and that is most insane.

For myself, I know what it is to exist, what about you guys?

If you don't know what it is to exist, then you are all talking without knowing what you are talking about, and that is insane.

[ . . . . ]

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   
STEREO
(Because it’s more fun than MONO)

If God exists, it’s a 14 year old kid playing Grand Theft Auto 2,000,000 and we’re the NPC’s in an open world environment. We’re just now hitting the point in the game where the kid is bored and wants to see how much damage he can create.

While I’m a bit facetious in the above, sometimes I do find myself wondering if we’re really in a simulation or not.

Also, I don’t have time to go back over 130 pages of back and forth bickering (I’ve dropped in a few times over the last couple months to see what was being said). But for sake of clarity, is the God being discussed here only the Christian God, or can it be anyone’s God?

In my case, I believe God is consciousness, of which we are all a part of and has given life and form to all things. It’s everywhere and everything. The chair you’re sitting on is consciousness in physical form, because consciousness had to exist in order for it to exist. Within my beliefs, God would have to be real because we know consciousness is real. I think, therefore I am.

This topic initially came into my life via the book Three Magic Words by U.S. Anderson. Really good book that might interest some of you, pretty quick read. It may be a bit far fetched to some and to others it may be in line with their beliefs. It goes into stuff like Jesus really turning water into wine and walking on water, because Jesus understood that consciousness is everything. Because of Jesus’ understanding of consciousness and how it worked, he was able to pull off miracles, which aren’t really miracles, because it’s something we’re all capable of. We are unable to do so because we seek proof of everything and us being mere mortals, see these miracles as something Godly and we’ve long became detached from our godliness. The last chapter (Spoiler!) tells us the three magic words are “I Am God”.

top topics

<< 128  129  130    132  133  134 >>

join