It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wanted: Honest intelligent productive thinking to resolve the issue God exists or not.

page: 120
<< 117  118  119    121  122  123 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance
a reply to: neutronflux

Put your logical brain in action. It's not that hard.

If the earth is not the source of all things but God is?

Then how did god make a demonic earth.

So you're saying the world is holy or what are you saying?

Again.....

Just saying everything worldly in general is not demonic. And as a person that has sinned, people in general do not have the right to condemn someone as demonic. And labeling a person demonic that has no affiliation with a self proclaimed demonic religion helps in no way.

You

I can make guns and I can make pies. What does that say about me?

Not holy = demonic

No. A rock is just a rock. Pumpkins are just pumpkins.

Who made the rocks and pumpkins? So how are they demonic?
edit on 3-9-2020 by neutronflux because: Fixed quote

edit on 3-9-2020 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Pretty much. 

And given how transient certain moral concepts are is it any wonder the criteria to categorize it is in constant flux?

Human Sacrifice?

Amazing how people in Queztltenango no longer behead people so Huitzilopochtli will make the sun rise.

As an experiment:

If you took a list of actions such as; Money donation, rape, stealing, community service, running a red light, bestiality, human trafficking, a family vacation, bonding with a loved one, turning in your child for a crime, and so in a varied list of situations,

And then asked 1000 random people in different subcultures to rate each on a +/- scale of 1-10 per their personal code of ethics the numbers would cancel out regardless of the bias I put into the list, so long as I choose equal amounts of my own personally defined "good" and "bad".

edit on 3-9-2020 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

And then asked 1000 random people in different subcultures to rate each on a +/- scale of 1-10 per their personal code of ethics the numbers would cancel out regardless of the bias I put into the list, so long as I choose equal amounts of my own personally defined "good" and "bad".

I didn't assign any +/-, I just used my fingers. Balanced out even.

Which of these two symbols would you rank as more meaningful to yourself?

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

The top one. Despite the second ones significance in Buddhism. (Wheel of Joy - Decorative)

And that can only speak to some inherent perception of balance as fundimental to this universe. The tendency towards equilibrium, if you will.

While the 2nd one is balanced, the symbolism is less apparent, and it speaks less to my predisposition to see plots on a graph with a median. An amalgamation of things cancelling out at zero.

Perhaps just a defect of mathematical programming in how I view the world.

edit on 3-9-2020 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I like the top one too.
Since I try to be an animist of sorts, the singling out of humanity as a separate category from the rest of things seems arrogant or something.

Perhaps just a defect of how I view the world.

Tricolored Taegeuk

A popular variant in South Korea is the tricolor Taegeuk (samsaeguitaegeuk 삼색의태극 or samtaegeuk 삼태극), which adds a yellow lobe or "pa" (hanja: 巴 Hangul: 파). The yellow is taken as representing humanity, in addition to the red and blue representing earth and heaven respectively. This version is related to the Tibetan & Korean Buddhist symbol of Gankyil.
Taegeuk

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Jesus said two things...

A. Love one another
B. If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters-- yes, even their own life--such a person cannot be my disciple.

It seems that your dispute with Out6of9Balance is of the same contradiction.

But is it a contradiction. Our minds exist in the manifested. Thus are dualistic in nature. Many want to be with the unmanifested but will not make the final jump before seeing the manifested as empty of all substance/desire. Thus Out6of9Balance is viewing existance from that of B. One that is preparing to make that jump. To die before death comes.

When one does succeed in uniting with the unmanifested, he/she will have an unbridled love for the manifested. A love the human mind can never comprehend. Witnessing the manifested as an expression of God.
edit on 3-9-2020 by glend because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 07:47 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

Change the context a bit?
edit on 3-9-2020 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

(post by neutronflux removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 08:23 PM
link   

ATS is full of ego's battling for supremacy and I'd be a hypocrit to deny my part in that.

But there is a rumi saying that we all should remember ...

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world.
Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.

Carry on.

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 09:07 PM
link   
MONO

I say that my concept of God, namely, God (in concept) is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning, is the generic concept of God, I mean that if God were not as I describe him to be, then I would not bother with Him at all, no matter whatever branded faiths say to His commendation.

It is like generic medicine: if a medical substance does not contain the generic formulation, then it is worthless to a sick person, no matter what the brand pharmaceutical manufacturer says to its commendation.

Off-Topic

Jesus (d. 33 A.D.) says Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Comment, when you want a girl to give you a kiss, you be first to give her a kiss.

Confucius (551-479 B.C.) says Don't do unto others what you don't want others to do unto you.
Comment, don't lecture others unto boredom, as you don't want others to lecture you unto boredom.

Hypocrates, great physician (d. 460 B.C.) says, Primum non nocere, which means (from Latin) First do no harm.
Comment, yes first do no harm, and second do genuine healing, and third collect only fair professional fee.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

If you refer to the 2 slit experiment as proof of anything but ignorance you are a fool.

Has the possibility that proof of anything : is proof of ignorance ; been considered ?

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Stones and sins is where it all begins

The mirror to reflect upon is broken
edit on 4-9-2020 by Out6of9Balance because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Pachomius

Why are you trying to derail individuals freely exchanging ideas?

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Stones and sins is where it all begins

The mirror to reflect upon is broken

I though God is where it all begins. So your wrong again.

(post by neutronflux removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 03:51 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 03:52 AM
link   

It's good to be wrong, especially in your opinion.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 03:52 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 03:54 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 117  118  119    121  122  123 >>

join