It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wanted: Honest intelligent productive thinking to resolve the issue God exists or not.

page: 108
<< 105  106  107    109  110  111 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

What do you think yourself?

I don't understand how you came up with that question in the first place.
edit on 28-8-2020 by Out6of9Balance because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

I don't understand how you came up with that question in the first place.

From this post by Pachomius: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now, in the world that is the neighborhood, the atheist repeating an endless circle of causality, he will sooner than later die, and therefore he ceases to exist, and also his repetitious circular thinking - good riddance.

What do you think yourself?

I think I'd like to know what the generic/non-branded non-atheist thinks.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 02:01 AM
link   

I didn't expect anything making sense honestly.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 02:17 AM
link   

There is an appearance of equality, in this shared quality, of ignoring 'instructions'.

More like wondering about accepting of ideas and concepts, like this acceptance of whole-ism; or *Bibi Ross-Shnozski; or Timbits™ : Holistic Wholeness™ ?

Two out of one aint bad...

*Bibi Ross-Shnozski = babies-roses-noses.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

I just got my copy of Tao Te Ching, translated by Stefan Stenudd.

A pro-Buddhism poster talked me into it.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Does it say, be yourself?

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Watch "Tao Te Ching Chp 1 Explained - Can you know who you are?" on YouTube
youtu.be...
The comments on the page are worth a read.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Life is like a box of chocolates.

After buying some of the same brand you know what you get.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   
the thing is though, some 'god fearing' individuals are too quick to judge when faced with something like reincarnation that they may have been taught was satanic or something. Reincarnation? naw, that's the devil, boy, YOU'RE going to hell. Then they manifest in their psyche the hate from something emotionally abstract to the physically relevant plane. Spirituality followed by negative emotions usually doesnt mix immediately. And if reincarnation turns out to be true, they lived for a long time hating and being negative despite practicing their 'godly walk'.

It's just that odd, right? We can exit the discussion about reincarnation and still are able to see how one falsely held truth can kind of perpetuate. Think of the sun as the 'wrongly held belief' and every other emotion is just orbiting it. The individual in this experiment denies the sun exists, but otherwise leads a completely perfect life. Their one denial emotion has in a sense crippled the entire process of the psyche of their good will.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

I like that video.

Some quotes from the comments:

道 ॐ ब्रह्मन्
1 year ago
I searched for a long time, only to find there was nothing to search for. This is it. When the I is silent, one can feel and hear the Dao flowing through and around, within and outside. Here it is. There it is. No distinction. No separation. The eternal bubbly stream of absolutely everything and nothing at all. Some call it the Dao. It may as well be called whatever. Words are just words. Shh.

I am suspicious of the word eternal,
so I gloss over it,
as a glaze before my eyes,
I see it not.

myownworstenemy
4 months ago
THE ALPHA AND OMEGA POEM

Acknowledge the Mystery
Befriend the Mystery
Love the Mystery.

This is as deep and profound
as it can or will ever get.

With unglazed eyes I see it all.
Not really,
but it sounds cool to say.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Does it say, be yourself?

Maybe ? Probably.

People benefit from hearing or reading certain things at certain times.

After reading 13 chapters I saw:

"I am words on a page.
but not The Word.
Only words written by some guy some time.

Do you disagree ?
That's fine.
I don't claim to be The Word.
That would just be silly"

It meant a lot to me.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   

The Eternal is now yet the sun rises and the sun sets.
edit on 28-8-2020 by Out6of9Balance because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Well, the irony is our bodies arent readily physically and mentally available to thing such deep thoughts in every present moment. A lot of enlightenment can come from scary or dangerous situations (especially when you escape said situation I guess
)

But anyways think about computer programming, the coding is still along the lines of 'well is it or aint it' if you arent computer savvy, an on or off state. One or the other.

then think about Schrodinger's cat, the theory is (i think?) that the state of the cat, when alone and in a near death situation faced with 1 choice that will determine the outcome of if it survives; the 'programming' of the universe sets both values to being true, the cat is both alive and dead (within the mind, maybe? )with the one choice being the only catalyst to make this chaos rest because nothing can be alive and dead simutaneously.

Say that it was a human in this situation and not a cat, Im assuming you COULD technically use this concept in meditation because while youre trying to envision your survival, in limbo, you still had experience in the juxtaposition.

And if you can learn how to tap in to this memory and learn from it, maybe you can make progress in understanding the depth.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: akiros

some 'god fearing' individuals are too quick to judge when faced with something like reincarnation that they may have been taught was satanic or something. Reincarnation? naw, that's the devil, boy, YOU'RE going to hell.

To understand the issue of Christianity vs Reincarnation, one must understand what is being offered, and whether they are in competition or not.

Christianity offers eternal self-aware individual eternal life.

Reincarnation offers annihilation.

They are obviously not in competition. They are opposites. So when you hear that Reincarnation is a false Gospel, someone is pulling your leg.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Define Eternal.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: akiros

Well, the irony is our bodies arent readily physically and mentally available to thing such deep thoughts in every present moment.

Philosophers are some leisure time mofos.
Meditation can coexist in the midst of strenuous activity.
If you must sit and relax for long periods of time in order
to meditate then you may just be a leisure time mofo.

Schrodinger's cat is an observer of his own situation.
Freaking humans so arrogant to assume that their observations are all that matter!

edit on 28-8-2020 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

Define Eternal.

Good question. Let me try my best.

The Eternal is not that that is forever, it is that that makes forever possible. The Eternal is the source of all of existence forever and is one source and The Eternal is the beginning and the end.

The Eternal is that that can be overlooked.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   

It could be because what we see is what we already know

and i've also heard that the thing is, is that we are already eternal, and death is just a segway. Attachment to anything can cloud this truth, supposedly.
edit on 28-8-2020 by akiros because: (no reason given)

link   

Schrodinger's cat is a stupid question when asked when you already think to know the answer.

link   
After reading you OP and your later comments throughout this thread, I get it, now I know what you mean YOU are GOD, haha nearly got me there, so howya doin when did you first get the idea of creating all these universes, its not that great living on your planet, you could have done better in my opinion, but there ya go, another mistake to learn from..a reply to: Pachomius

<< 105  106  107    109  110  111 >>

join