It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wanted: Honest intelligent productive thinking to resolve the issue God exists or not.

page: 105
<< 102  103  104    106  107  108 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

One's mother definitely dresses her daughter oddly.

That would require an assumption not discernable from the evidence.
edit on 25-8-2020 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

She clashes, for crying out loud!

She clashes!

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

That doesn't mean her mother caused it.

She could have spilled something on her shirt, and the teacher got a spare shirt from the box for her to wear.

Or even none of the girls had hair bands and the photographer didn't have one to match the color of one of the shirts.

There's no reason to jump to conclusions about a mother.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I'm not sure if God wants me to go to the Thai massage.

If I were God I would be God.

Is free will there to do stupid things?

On earth nobody cares except for me and I'm not seeing any problem.

Tomorrow is my birthday.

As far as I know there are people having sex with aliens. They're not racist either.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

Well at least you only asked one question.
That should meet the parameters of the thread.
But what if Pachomius skips over it?

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 12:56 AM
link   

God knows

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 02:00 AM
link   

God knows

Do you mean like the future?

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   

What kind of question is that?

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance

What kind of question is that?

A simple one for anybody who knows English half good.
edit on 25-8-2020 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Stop being obtuse. Obviously he meant the question rhetorically to express irony.
edit on 25-8-2020 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

Stop being obtuse. Obviously he meant the question rhetorically to express irony.

There's nothing obvious about that. Except for the part where they have nothing useful to say.

Also, "Pachomius the great" appears to have abandoned the discussion which leaves us more or less where this exercise began. Good game everybody.
edit on 25-8-2020 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

Obviously he meant the question rhetorically to express irony.

Which question?

If I'm not mistaken, you have a theory of Akasha, as an accumulation of experience.
Others have theories involving a One God experiencing Himself by means of individuals.

Both of these theories discard the notion of omniscience.

Add to that, the stator of "God knows." thoughts on free will.

There is no place for concluding that God can know the future of what an individual may or may not choose to do.
edit on 25-8-2020 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

If I'm not mistaken, you have a theory of Akasha, as an accumulation of experience.
Others have theories involving a One God experiencing Himself by means of individuals.

There is no place for concluding that God can know the future of what an individual may or may not choose to do.

Our free will persists, but God knows what we will choose. Akasha I would suppose is the cumulation of all the thoughts of all people so far, especially given consistent claims that someone is tapping into these thought-realms. I personally have had some premonitions come true to exact detail which makes me realize the validity of these concepts. As God's children, we develop and grow into the omniscience of the Parent.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

Our free will persists, but God knows what we will choose. Akasha I would suppose is the cumulation of all the thoughts of all people so far, especially given consistent claims that someone is tapping into these thought-realms. I personally have had some premonitions come true to exact detail which makes me realize the validity of these concepts. As God's children, we develop and grow into the omniscience of the Parent.

But what you described sounds like experiences and not abilities. Which is to say, it happens to you as opposed to you doing it. So that's not really free will.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   

But what you described sounds like experiences and not abilities. Which is to say, it happens to you as opposed to you doing it. So that's not really free will.

It's both. It is foreknown what you will do, but that doesn't strip you of your ability to choose.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I personally have had some premonitions come true to exact detail

So if you have had premonitions, some of which came about, then perhaps God has premonitions too; based upon probability from past data.

Maybe that's as good as it gets, for God and the children.

Is there some reason to posit omniscience as a priori requirement upon God? Would you appreciate it if someone demanded that you be omniscient?

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   

We all know he tried to be smart with the limited intellect he suffered upon us.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Who are you talking about? (he)

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   

So if you have had premonitions, some of which came about, then perhaps God has premonitions too; based upon probability from past data.

Maybe that's as good as it gets, for God and the children.

Is there some reason to posit omniscience as a priori requirement upon God? Would you appreciate it if someone demanded that you be omniscient?

EEG data (brain waves) regarding deja vu showed that it is actually accompanied by gamma waves ( not to be confused with gamma rays). Gamma waves are the highest frequency oscillation that our brain is known to emit. It is associated with all sorts of fortuitous conscious states such as euphoria, revelation, and intense unconditional love. I would suppose that when we experience deja vu we are tapping into the eternal consciousness. My hope is one day that a conscious shift emerges and we Passover permanently into this new consciousness.

Who are you talking about? (he)

He's referring to the king of separation, aka TzarChasm. Unity (religion [religare], yoga[yug])is the opposite of separation, which is one of the reasons why he hates God so much.

edit on 25-8-2020 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I will attempt to look up deja vu as related to Gamma waves, since no references were cited.

So you know Out6of9Balance's thoughts?

And you conclude something about another also?

Are not individuals free to think and write for themselves?

top topics

<< 102  103  104    106  107  108 >>

join