It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moscow marks 75 years since victory over Nazis with traditional parade on Red Square (FULL VIDEO)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: Brotherman
a reply to: alldaylong

I was trying to say that unless the Germans thought they could kick Russia's ass that quick in a ground war type thingie. The Nazis weren't prepared to fight the long game, blitzkrieg wasn't working that time and the Russians were like wtf.

Thanks for correcting me too btw. sometimes I just get exicted.
The Russian winter was their downfall.

It wasn't just the winter............... Germany is / was a pretty small country, it's resources in everything were completely dwarfed by the Soviet Union.

The USSR was out producing the Germans in all the important areas, everything from oil, planes, tanks, supply chains, you name it Moscow was reeling it out at a pace Berlin could never even imagine.

Added to this the German equipment was pretty basic when compared with the Soviets. Germany never really got a heavy bomber, it's tanks were pretty appalling and only at the very end of the war did they start producing heavy tanks, by then too late.

Even when it came to production rates the Germans attempted slavery as a means to challenge the Soviets, but the slaves found numerous way to sabotage the equipment, everywhere from Citroen factories in France, Belgian engine makers, they were a non starter as the German evil was met with sabotage all over their slave plants in Europe.

Finally the Soviets had a true belief they were making a better world and had right on their side, most Germans knew about the horrors going on by 1943 and couldn't ait to be rid of the Nazis, they were just terrified of what Stalin was going to perpetrate on the eastern communities of Germans all over eastern Europe and fought to stop the Soviet steamroller on a mission of revenge for the Nazi crimes. In the west many Germans just gave up and welcomed the western allies into their towns knowing that at least they could be safe from both Hitler and Stalin

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: bally001
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

That was a great watch. Thanks for sharing.

Kind regards,

Bally

And cheers Razor for the Vid.

Too right Bally
Always like watching the Parade. It's sort of from another time but such was the devastation inflicted on the USSR and its follow on countries the Parade still appears to be of total importance to report to the leaders, in this case Putin, that the armed forces are ready to repel any such repeats of the past

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

I'm not sure but I don't think that the Soviet People believed anyone would try a land invasion in the middle of winter, they were probably like WTF.

Yeah totally know where you're coming from especially at that time when Germany wasn't really capable of defeating the Soviets. Another year or two and their equipment might have been been improved to the point where a knock out strike against Moscow could have been achieved but in 1942 they never really stood a chance of certainty, the invasion thus was a total gamble against the biggest nation on planet Earth with all the important resources that go with that honour. It was always too risky a gamble and ultimately failed and led to a Germany much reduced in land mass and still occupied by foreign forces to this day. Heil Hitler

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris
a reply to: BoneSay

Please tell me, the Soviet Union signed a non aggression pact with Germany. What else was part of that pact?

As you seem to avoid understanding history as it really happened, let me point it out to you, please read very slowly as you have some issues understanding sequence of events

1. The UK and France signed an agreement with Germany and delivered an entire country to Hitler so they would not be attacked
2. Stalin sent a group of people to talk to the UK and France governments, warning them about incoming war from Germany, they basically laugh them out the door and turned them away
3. Stalin went to Germany and talked to them and they signed an agreement (very much the same as the UK and France had signed before) to avoid war with Germany
4. Germany did not care and still attacked their allies (UK and France), they cried foul and started war against Germany
5. It is not told (as you clearly don't know) that this previous agreement between UK and France with Germany happened
6. In your ignorance of those events, you can only keep repeating the Poland issue, because your knowledge of history is limited to this, and you will not read about anything else even if the facts prove you wrong
7. Hitler betrayed the UK and France, then empowered thought they could also betray Russia, they lost the war
8. The US entered the war way later after these events, they claim they won the world single handedly, they removed Russia from the record

That's all

Any doubts?

---

Also, and by the way, did you know that with approval of the US government, IBM was sending computers to Germany all along so they could keep records of the Jews, like location, who's familiar of who, cities they live and where they came/go and such, so they could find them and send them to the camps? Have you read about that? Or is also not in your history knowledge?

Really curious about that one

It's funny also that on every page talking about the reason some things happened, no one notes or even references in passing the Munich deal between the UK, France and Germany, they try to erase it from history, so shameful

Look here for example:
en.wikipedia.org...

France and Britain declared war on Germany when they invaded Poland in September 1939. After the Phoney War from 1939 to 1940, within seven weeks, the Germans invaded and defeated France and forced the British off the continent. France formally surrendered to Germany.

So shameless, they did not mention what happened around one year before that

Shame shame shame. and lots of hypocrisy. And why do you care so much about lying to yourself? Go read the real history and please understand and have respect for how things must be told, not what you would like them to have happened

edit on 26-6-2020 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-6-2020 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Sigh!

The UK and France signed an agreement with Germany and delivered an entire country to Hitler so they would not be attacked

Did I ever say that was right? But let me tell you. Did that agreement involve UK and France being able to attack and take over European countries? No, it did not.

The non-aggression pact signed by the Soviet Union and had a secret protocol, and that was to divide territories of Romania, Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, and Finland into German and Soviet Union.

Germany and the Soviet Union started that pact by invading Poland together and Russia trying to invade Finland. And let's not forget the Soviet annexation of Latvia, Estonia, Lithuania, and also parts of Romania

So, the fact is, if Germany did not invade the Soviet Union, then war would have been declared on them too by the Allies.

Stalin sent a group of people to talk to the UK and France governments, warning them about incoming war from Germany, they basically laugh them out the door and turned them away

So he decided to join them instead and carve up Europe.

Stalin went to Germany and talked to them and they signed an agreement (very much the same as the UK and France had signed before) to avoid war with Germany

It was different, as I stated above.

It is not told (as you clearly don't know) that this previous agreement between UK and France with Germany happened

Sigh!

In your ignorance of those events, you can only keep repeating the Poland issue, because your knowledge of history is limited to this, and you will not read about anything else even if the facts prove you wrong

Your arragonce here is quite unbelievable.

Hitler betrayed the UK and France, then empowered thought they could also betray Russia, they lost the war

How did he betray the UK? They both declared war on Germany after the invasion of Poland. Hitler never wanted to invade the UK, hence the reason he gave then many oppurtunities to keep out of the war.

The US entered the war way later after these events, they claim they won the world single handedly, they removed Russia from the record

Firstly, I am not American, and secondly, America did not win the war. It was all the Allies that played their part, and that includes the Soviet Union, who played a huge part in winning that war.

But my point is, how they entered the war, which began as an ally of Germany, but then changed when Germany invaded them.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   

The poor bastards lost more people to the Nazi Geman regime than any other nation on the planet.

Respect where respect is due.

edit on 13-7-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Sigh!

The UK and France signed an agreement with Germany and delivered an entire country to Hitler so they would not be attacked

Did I ever say that was right? But let me tell you. Did that agreement involve UK and France being able to attack and take over European countries? No, it did not.

The non-aggression pact signed by the Soviet Union and had a secret protocol, and that was to divide territories of Romania, Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, and Finland into German and Soviet Union.

Germany and the Soviet Union started that pact by invading Poland together and Russia trying to invade Finland. And let's not forget the Soviet annexation of Latvia, Estonia, Lithuania, and also parts of Romania

So, the fact is, if Germany did not invade the Soviet Union, then war would have been declared on them too by the Allies.

Stalin sent a group of people to talk to the UK and France governments, warning them about incoming war from Germany, they basically laugh them out the door and turned them away

So he decided to join them instead and carve up Europe.

Stalin went to Germany and talked to them and they signed an agreement (very much the same as the UK and France had signed before) to avoid war with Germany

It was different, as I stated above.

It is not told (as you clearly don't know) that this previous agreement between UK and France with Germany happened

Sigh!

In your ignorance of those events, you can only keep repeating the Poland issue, because your knowledge of history is limited to this, and you will not read about anything else even if the facts prove you wrong

Your arragonce here is quite unbelievable.

Hitler betrayed the UK and France, then empowered thought they could also betray Russia, they lost the war

How did he betray the UK? They both declared war on Germany after the invasion of Poland. Hitler never wanted to invade the UK, hence the reason he gave then many oppurtunities to keep out of the war.

The US entered the war way later after these events, they claim they won the world single handedly, they removed Russia from the record

Firstly, I am not American, and secondly, America did not win the war. It was all the Allies that played their part, and that includes the Soviet Union, who played a huge part in winning that war.

But my point is, how they entered the war, which began as an ally of Germany, but then changed when Germany invaded them.

Then you should look into how the UK, France and the US "really" entered the war, and not what you believe so far

Because you will find some embarrassing things as well. It's up to you to learn the truth, or not, it's out there if you really want to know, because clearly you don't know about it from your own words

Just a heads up, the UK and France went to Germany as allies first, then there was a meeting with the USSR where the UK and France refused to stop being allies with Germany, then eventually Germany went against them, then once it all happened, history as you know it starts.

The part that you believe is when things started is just what you were told, reality and your version of history are very different, but oh well...

I don't understand how you can't get this, it's history, it is documented and verified

The UK, France and even the US ignored Germany until they were affected, then they became "allies" and even accepted Russia's help once they knew they were done otherwise. You have a very twisted and ill version of history because it is convenient to whoever told you that, go read the treaties between the Uk and France way before the war, and go read about how the US still supported Germany even after the massive killing of jews was completely known around the world

Go learn for once
edit on 16-7-2020 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Then you should look into how the UK, France and the US "really" entered the war, and not what you believe so far

Because you will find some embarrassing things as well. It's up to you to learn the truth, or not, it's out there if you really want to know, because clearly you don't know about it from your own words

Just a heads up, the UK and France went to Germany as allies first, then there was a meeting with the USSR where the UK and France refused to stop being allies with Germany, then eventually Germany went against them, then once it all happened, history as you know it starts.

The part that you believe is when things started is just what you were told, reality and your version of history are very different, but oh well...

I don't understand how you can't get this, it's history, it is documented and verified

The UK, France and even the US ignored Germany until they were affected, then they became "allies" and even accepted Russia's help once they knew they were done otherwise. You have a very twisted and ill version of history because it is convenient to whoever told you that, go read the treaties between the Uk and France way before the war, and go read about how the US still supported Germany even after the massive killing of jews was completely known around the world

Go learn for once

What, did UK, France and the US invade other countries alongside Germany? Did these counties sign a pact to carve up Europe?

Sorry, I must or missed that. It was Germany who broke that agreement, not Russia. That is the only reason they became an ally. If it was not for that, we would have been fighting Russia too, because they were already looming at invading other European countries before Germany invaded them.

It's up to you if you want to ignore these facts.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Go learn for once

What, did UK, France and the US invade other countries alongside Germany? Did these counties sign a pact to carve up Europe?

Yes, they did actually, they delivered Czechoslovakia to Germany one/two years before WW2 started, in an agreement with Germany so that the UK/France would not be attacked if Germany decided to invade other countries. What do you think about that? They must be evil, right? How do you deliver a full country to another country just so you don't get attacked once war starts, because you know it will and you don't trust other countries will win and you give a price to who you think will win in the end, just to keep yourself out of the destruction path? Explain

Didn't i told you to look into it? Why are you not doing it?

Sorry, I must or missed that.

You didn't miss it, you are ignoring my words in favor of your brainwashing, so let me do your work for you, because you are being lazy to no end

Here you go
en.wikipedia.org...

I can't understand why you just don't look it up and read for yourself, and i have to tell you something that is well known

edit on 16-7-2020 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Yes, they did actually, they delivered Czechoslovakia to Germany one/two years before WW2 started, in an agreement with Germany so that the UK/France would not be attacked if Germany decided to invade other countries.

I said did these countries invade these European countries? Did these countries agree to carve up and share Europe? No, they did not.

You are completly ignoring my points about Russia, which is getting annoying now.

You didn't miss it, you are ignoring my words in favor of your brainwashing, so let me do your work for you, because you are being lazy to no end

Here you go
en.wikipedia.org...

You seriously do not like being wrong don't you? Why don't you try and counter my arguments regarding Russia.

I can't understand why you just don't look it up and read for yourself, and i have to tell you something that is well known

What are you talking about. What I have written about Russia is historic fact. You have ignored all my points, and you just keep on bringing up Enland, France and America as a counter argument.

The core of my argument is the only reason Russia did not invade more countries, is because Germany attacked them, so they had no choice but be one allies.

That is the only reason.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Yes, they did actually, they delivered Czechoslovakia to Germany one/two years before WW2 started, in an agreement with Germany so that the UK/France would not be attacked if Germany decided to invade other countries.

I said did these countries invade these European countries? Did these countries agree to carve up and share Europe? No, they did not.

You are completly ignoring my points about Russia, which is getting annoying now.

Here you go
en.wikipedia.org...

You seriously do not like being wrong don't you? Why don't you try and counter my arguments regarding Russia.

What are you talking about. What I have written about Russia is historic fact. You have ignored all my points, and you just keep on bringing up Enland, France and America as a counter argument.

The core of my argument is the only reason Russia did not invade more countries, is because Germany attacked them, so they had no choice but be one allies.

That is the only reason.

xi xi,

Now go read this, if you really care to know

en.wikipedia.org...

Sequence of events are very very critical, when looking at history, but it's up to you in the end if you care

All the other stuff you keep saying is just a bunch of excuses that make no sense in historical context

Also go read the actual documents from back then where it is documented the meetings between Russia and UK/France and they talk about a deal to prevent WW2 and Russia is rejected and told to not interfere in Germany/UK/France relationship

This document is out there but i won't link it to you because if you really care and want to know, you will find it. It is publicly available now and linked all over the web. Ball's on your side dude

Spasibo

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 03:45 AM
link   

All the other stuff you keep saying is just a bunch of excuses that make no sense in historical context

It's historical fact, no matter how you try to defend Russia.

Also go read the actual documents from back then where it is documented the meetings between Russia and UK/France and they talk about a deal to prevent WW2 and Russia is rejected and told to not interfere in Germany/UK/France relationship

So, thst means it was ok to become allies with Germany and invade countries in Europe? That makes it ok?

Why did Russia have to invade Poland, and also draw up plans to invade other countries alongside Germany?

This document is out there but i won't link it to you because if you really care and want to know, you will find it. It is publicly available now and linked all over the web. Ball's on your side dude

Because it's not the bloody point I am making! I really do not know how many more times I can explain it to you until it's drilled into your head.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join