It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bubba Smollett

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: tjack

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: tjack

Functionally, a bowline or a monkey fist would be better choices and avoid the "bad optics".

Then you can factor economics into the equation.
The overhand or even a double overhand loop can be done much faster than a bowline or a monkey's fist. If I own the company responsible for installing the garage doors at Talladega and I see my employees tying a monkey's fist knot on the end of all of those ropes... I would chew them out at the very least.

What if they were tying nooses? Same chew out, I'd guess, and rightly so.

If they were tying actual nooses, yes. For economic reasons.
But these knots appear to be overhand loops.... not nooses.
You are the one suggesting that the knots should be more complicated, not me.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Functionally, a bowline or a monkey fist would be better choices and avoid the "bad optics".

Then you can factor economics into the equation.
The overhand or even a double overhand loop can be done much faster than a bowline or a monkey's fist. If I own the company responsible for installing the garage doors at Talladega and I see my employees tying a monkey's fist knot on the end of all of those ropes... I would chew them out at the very least.

What if they were tying nooses? Same chew out, I'd guess, and rightly so.

If they were tying actual nooses, yes. For economic reasons.
But these knots appear to be overhand loops.... not nooses.
You are the one suggesting that the knots should be more complicated, not me.

And you are the one that brought up economics. (?) I don't care a whit about the knots.

Also, the FBI "says" it was tied like a noose, but had been there some time, so what it "appears to be" is not pertinent.

edit on 24-6-2020 by tjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   

No one cared because no one thought anyone would be so overly sensitive as to think a loop meant to pull down a door would be construed as a noose.

This is on the level of thinking that if the last person coming into a room is a POC and no one else is, then you are being micro-aggressive against them by putting them on the spot and making them enter last and take the last seat.

No one should be expected to have to try to climb inside another person's head to that degree. At that point, a person should be enough of a big boy to police their own environment and take care of their own emotional baggage. If the loop in the garage door pull is causing you deep psychological trauma, then change it yourself.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

No one cared because no one thought anyone would be so overly sensitive as to think a loop meant to pull down a door would be construed as a noose.

This is on the level of thinking that if the last person coming into a room is a POC and no one else is, then you are being micro-aggressive against them by putting them on the spot and making them enter last and take the last seat.

No one should be expected to have to try to climb inside another person's head to that degree. At that point, a person should be enough of a big boy to police their own environment and take care of their own emotional baggage. If the loop in the garage door pull is causing you deep psychological trauma, then change it yourself.

That's what's sup

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 09:19 AM
link   

The media is partly to blame for this. They have the weak-minded convinced that half the country is racist, so they go around seeing racism everywhere in places where 99% of the time it's not really there.

It's just like after there's a mass shooting, the media tries to convince people that mass shootings are happening everywhere, so for the next few weeks every time someone hears a door slam there's a #ing panic.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

I agree.

But I also am savvy enough to know that there are people that will construe ANY knot tied in the fashion of a noose, as a noose, without taking any context into consideration. Unfortunate, but it's where we're at.

One doesn't have to climb into their heads, it's enough to know they exist, and there's no way to tell them apart from the rest.

I'll continue to err on the side of caution and not display noose-looking knots around my person and place, even though it is a cool knot, like an ergonomic taut line hitch.

Everyone else can do whatever, so far it's still a free country.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 09:36 AM
link   

I agree.

But I also am savvy enough to know that there are people that will construe ANY knot tied in the fashion of a noose, as a noose, without taking any context into consideration. Unfortunate, but it's where we're at.

One doesn't have to climb into their heads, it's enough to know they exist, and there's no way to tell them apart from the rest.

I'll continue to err on the side of caution and not display noose-looking knots around my person and place, even though it is a cool knot, like an ergonomic taut line hitch.

Everyone else can do whatever, so far it's still a free country.

Someone, somewhere, will find pretty much everything you do offensive.

Letting those people run your life is absurd.

It's like comedy. Oh you can't joke about X because someone finds that offensive.

We'll have to ban comedy then, because everything is offensive to SOMEONE.
edit on 24 6 20 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

And ... it wouldn't take much effort to notice that everyone else's is exactly the same as your's and from there to decide that if the association really bothers you to simply get rid of it/change it to suit your personal emotional fragility.

People get triggered over a bunch of stuff, never seen someone get so triggered over hand pulls šŸ¤”šŸ¤­

Dudes totally not a mechanic.

I hope you mean Bubba and not me! I'm not the least bit triggered by this.

a reply to: face23785

I agree.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   
It doesn't matter if it is a noose. It had been there since October 2019. Proof positive it has nothing to do with bubba wallace.

A complete non story that was blown up and paraded around like he is rosa parks. Why??

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   

What kind of life is that though?

I, a Christian, am also a pretty big geek. I spend my life surrounded by stuff that would completely offend some of my fellow Christians because ... witchcraft. It doesn't matter that I tend to think fantasy is just that - fantasy, and I think the real issue is idolatry and belief in it. They see it differently.

So if I were to take your view of things, I would have decide between my faith or my hobby in order to avoid offense to people. And I say that's no way to live.

Instead, I simply expect people to put on their big boy or big girl pants and either understand that a hobby is a hobby or avoid me. I deal.

Bubba can avoid using loops in his own life and deal with the reality that they are useful tools for most people in day to day life and not instruments of racial terror.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

ā€œThe FBI learned that garage number 4, where the noose was found, was assigned to Bubba Wallace last week,ā€ the FBI said in a statement. ā€œThe investigation also revealed evidence, including authentic video confirmed by NASCAR, that the noose found in garage number 4 was in that garage as early as October 2019.

www.foxsports.com...

He was assigned a garage and found a door pull tied as a noose there.

Nothing for a black man to be concerned about. Nothing at all.

Nooses only exist to show racism against black people?
It would be amusing if we didn't have two suicides by hanging recently in the family [all white]. My mother's best friend also hung himself in a forest [he was white too].

My brother had a famous poster on the wall in the 70s, showing a noose against a reflective background so you could stand in front of it and make it look as if you had it round your neck. This poster existed in Germany at a time when we had only a handful of blacks living in our country. So excuse moi if I don't associate nooses with blacks. I associate it with suicide and death.
One of my favourite [all white] band is Slipknot. Not called this because they like to hang blacks, but because hanging is edgy because it results in death.

I think most of us are sympathetic to some of the black grievances, but it is now getting totally out of hand and even those that sympathised are getting irritated by making everything on earth about black people. Other humans suffer far more than blacks in the Western world right now, it's those I care about. Women, children and blacks being abused, enslaved, raised and killed for real, RIGHT NOW, especially in some African regions and the Middle EAst.
I guess white people who are the only ones who seem to care and try and make life better for black people are their least problem.

If they want to go down that route, they should make also pictures of black gangsters illegal, because most black people get killed by them on a daily basis. But that ain't a problem is it?

I still don't know why you have such a high position here on ATS, I have only once read a post of yours I upvoted. The rest isn't very clever or logical at all.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: shooterbrody

Perhaps you should read the article. Here, I'll help.

ā€œThe FBI learned that garage number 4, where the noose was found, was assigned to Bubba Wallace last week,ā€ the FBI said in a statement.

This is a really weird hill for you to choose to die on.

You used to be well-respected around here.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I hear what you're saying, and I suspect we're more alike than you think. I assure you my pander list is quite short.

May I ask, do you openly display the Christian offending things in your life around them?

Bubba is either a fragile flower, or a racial tension aggravater, neither is a good look.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   

there are people that will construe ANY knot tied in the fashion of a noose, as a noose, without taking any context into consideration. Unfortunate, but it's where we're at.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, & quacks like a duck... It's probably a duck.
edit on 24-6-2020 by ByteChanger because: (no reason given)

Just to elaborate my point... If you tie a knot "in the fashion of a noose", are you not in fact creating a noose?

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Bubba is either a fragile flower, or a racial tension aggravater, neither is a good look.

Heā€™s both, couldnā€™t stand the guy before any of this because of his pompous ass attitude, now, phhhhhht, GTFO of here.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ByteChanger

there are people that will construe ANY knot tied in the fashion of a noose, as a noose, without taking any context into consideration. Unfortunate, but it's where we're at.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, & quacks like a duck... It's probably a duck.

Just to elaborate my point... If you tie a knot "in the fashion of a noose", are you not in fact creating a noose?

I should have been more clear and said Ā "there are people that will construeĀ ANY knot tied in the fashion of a noose, as a symbol of hate", thanks for pointing that out, if it's not too late I'll edit.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

Heā€™s both, couldnā€™t stand the guy before any of this because of his pompous ass attitude, now, phhhhhht, GTFO of here.

Fair enough, valid third option, as I stated, I'm completely unfamiliar with the guy, I don't watch much racing.

If I'm being honest, when I first saw the headline I assumed he was a white guy (because of his name, racial stereotype?) and figured his career would be toast. Said I didn't watch much racing

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn
a reply to: FlyinHeadlock

A link is needed.

Itā€™s the RANT forum! No links required.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver

originally posted by: Muninn
a reply to: FlyinHeadlock

A link is needed.

Itā€™s the RANT forum! No links required.

It wasn't in the rant when I made the post.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I should have been more clear and said Ā "there are people that will construeĀ ANY knot tied in the fashion of a noose, as a symbol of hate", thanks for pointing that out, if it's not too late I'll edit.

Kudos. I figured I was missing something.

And I have to admit, while it may have looked like a duck, it didn't necessarily walk or quack like a duck...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join