It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Lives Matter leader: It’s time to tear down statues of “white Jesus”

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: smurfy

Consider that Mr. King's thoughts aside, there can be no true change, without a modicum of blood, pain, and strife.

I would imagine that's quite the rub.

Transitions are a painful process, just like learning stuff you don't want to accept.

We tend to grasp hold of what we think we know.

Not all change is good or beneficial.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Agreed but it is in the post.

And without such nations stagnate and die on the vine.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I think the no choke hold thing is a good change.
The new world order with the threat of chaos thing, Im not convinced.
What specifically do the want, except to piss on people graves.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: 99problems99

What skin colour does God have ?

As Jesus is the Son Of God he may have taken his fathers genes to determine his skin colour.

We were made in the image of god.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

" Vengeance Is Mine Saith the Lord."

Good Luck with that One Heathens .......

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: rom12345
What would Jesus do ?

The first time he came to set the sinner free.

The second coming will get ugly.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   
The Protestants wanted to tear down the Catholics idols anyway. Protestants should be happy

As for Christ’s colour
In Africa Jesus is depicted as black
In Asia, Jesus is depicted as Asian

Who cares, it was never about His colour but His actions.
This world seems to be in a death spasm

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

The barbarians are at the gates, and as Rome fell so to did civilization. What followed was a long and profound Dark Age.

If the children in CHAZ are any indication, that is indeed what will happen again. They'll pull down Western Civilization and we'll have to go through a long Dark Age while everyone relearns most of what they destroy in their effort to take what's not theirs.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

A key feature of Seldon's theory, which has proved influential in real-world social science,[3] is an uncertainty or incompleteness principle: if a population gains knowledge of its predicted behavior, its self-aware collective actions become unpredictable

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: rom12345

To the citizens cheering the dismantling of American culture — the toppling of statues, the renaming of buildings, the discarding of fight songs, symbols and mascots, the remaking of customs associated with singing our national anthem and flying the flag — let me warn you:

Destruction requires little skill or wisdom. Construction requires an abundance of both.

Destruction vs. Construction. One demands no thought. The other necessitates a plan. One relies on emotion. The other depends on logic.

The passionate supporters and silent sympathizers of the Black Lives Matter Movement mistakenly believe we’re living in an era of historic change similar to the Abolitionist Movement, the Women’s Suffrage Movement and the Civil Rights Movement.

Freeing slaves, granting women the right to vote and ensuring black people full citizenship increased American freedom. Supporters of those movements sought to strengthen our country by being additive rather than punitive and restrictive.

This current wave of social justice reformers seeks to punish and restrict and, perhaps most devastatingly, demolish every tradition that preceded their feeling of superior enlightenment.
- Jason Whitlock, columnist, usually on sports

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Who cares, it was never about His colour but His actions.

That's all is needed to understand, politics only bastardize what Jesus was about, should he be the son of God, or a human carpenter who realised the beauty of the world as it is, and the incumbent values therein. The irony for me, is that I'm not particularly religious, maybe that's not so bad when you consider how religion is used so disgustingly in politics, however I do admire the historic value of Jesus.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   
It's Shaun King. Who cares?

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 10:16 PM
link   

They are free to make their own Jesus statues and depict him any way they wish. But to try to make a better world thru destruction is just ridiculous. Create-- don't destroy!!

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

originally posted by: 99problems99
Still think they aren't communists in SJW skin?

I guess a race war isnt good enough we need a religious war also.

BLM leader Shaun King Tweeted this

"All murals and stained glass windows of white Jesus, and his European mother, and their white friends should also come down.

They are a gross form white supremacy.

Created as tools of oppression.
Racist propaganda. "

They are ISIS.

gript.ie...

They have a point I doubt that Jesus was white with blue eyes.

Much more likely to have been Persian/Semitic/Egyptian. *shrug*

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Then I guess we are free to depict him however suits of folly.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The barbarians are at the gates, and as Rome fell so to did civilization. What followed was a long and profound Dark Age.

The "gates?" Where were those gates, exactly?

The Roman Empire (the Republic ended when Augustus was crowned, the Senate gave him a scary amount of power) didn't fall, it decayed, mostly because it over extended its borders. It wasn't forced out of Britain, it abandoned it, and many other places.

The emperors were fond of their statues though.

Lovely expression that, "dark" age. Do you really want to idealize the Roman Empire? With slaves and Caligula and stuff? Make Rome Great Again?

edit on 6/23/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

No one knows what he was, or wasn't.

There is no historical description that I'm aware of--if someone knows differently please let me know.

We know exactly who Jesus was/is. Let's not be ignorant. He's the son of GOD, and it doesn't even matter what RACE he was while being human.

Lol! This is a stupid argument. Who cares about statues?? I doubt Jesus does. Afterall, statues and effigies are graven images, the pagans loved statues, and often worshipped them. They brought a lot of turmoil to many Isrealites. GOD never approved of the Israelites possesing false idols.

Christ isn't a statue, has the son of the one and only LIVING God of Abraham, Isaac and Moses.

But we know who he was, and is

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
I guess they will say anything they think will get people riled up. Just like Trump has been doing for the past 4 years. So he finally succeeded in stirring up this colossal cluster#.

Trump has never riled me up... Maybe you are just too sensitive? Maturity issues.

Just like this BLM leader. What a fraud. Puerile people
edit on 23-6-2020 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Jesus ended religion, wise of Him
His message was love, hard to argue with that, what you have said

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Raggedyman

If the children in CHAZ are any indication, that is indeed what will happen again. They'll pull down Western Civilization and we'll have to go through a long Dark Age while everyone relearns most of what they destroy in their effort to take what's not theirs.

Bit confused, do you actually understand what happened to the Romans
They were the reason for the Dark Ages, their religious oppression under the papacy for centuries held humanity by the throat. They never fell, just changed their power structure, changed their methods, grew their monster

Wasn’t till Luther ended Rome’s stranglehold on Europe that Rome died, well lost its power.
Rome?, you are just infatuated with a pretty dress and sweet scent and tune, underneath the pretty dress the murdering whore awaits

So strange, seems you have no concept of history
edit on 23-6-2020 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join