It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Lives Matter leader: It’s time to tear down statues of “white Jesus”

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: IAMTAT

Your brain has been hijacked by ideologists.

If you say so...but BLM was founded by Marxists.
In the founder's own words:

“We actually do have an ideological frame. Myself and Alicia are particularly trained organizers — we are trained Marxists. We are super versed on ideological theories…”

---Patrisse Cullors, Co-founder of Black Lives Matter

en-volve.com...

And?? The USA was formed by genocidal racist looters. Did it evolve into something greater? I'd say yes. Ditto for BLM..

Well geewiz, sorry you feel that way. So where will you be moving to?

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

King is hardly the first to bring this up.

This has been out there for years.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

It's funny that he's doing it and people are eating it up.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I think we've even had this very same argument here before.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: seagull

It's funny that he's doing it and people are eating it up.

Right now, it's not surprising. People are so busy looking for ways to be offended and virtue signal that the mob is like a hoard of locusts looking for the next green fields to attack.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Someone mentioned delicious irony earlier in the thread...

The irony that really stimulates my taste buds:

- person A gives this chump a pat on the back and genuflects before the trolling genius of some BLM nobody.
- same person A has Freudian slips on these forums about Trump's masterclass trolling, giving us a window into the raging inferno of their soul that is so obviously fueled by hatred of thine Orange One.

I chuckle at that; no I am rolling on the floor laughing actually.

Give this thread a good read and see what you can make of it.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Right now, it's not surprising. People are so busy looking for ways to be offended and virtue signal that the mob is like a hoard of locusts looking for the next green fields to attack.

This thread is evidence that no one on either side cares to take the high road. You know what people like King want? Attention. And you guys gave it to him with your outrage.

Next time he's going to put out a statement that the United States of America needs to change it's name to the United Nation of Inclusivity and the same people will flip their collective s*** all over again, 'How dare he! He can come for my Stonewall Jackass statue but he ain't takin' 'Murica from me! I'm locked and loaded!'.

edit on 23-6-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: SleeperHasAwakened

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: IAMTAT

Your brain has been hijacked by ideologists.

If you say so...but BLM was founded by Marxists.
In the founder's own words:

“We actually do have an ideological frame. Myself and Alicia are particularly trained organizers — we are trained Marxists. We are super versed on ideological theories…”

---Patrisse Cullors, Co-founder of Black Lives Matter

en-volve.com...

And?? The USA was formed by genocidal racist looters. Did it evolve into something greater? I'd say yes. Ditto for BLM..

Well geewiz, sorry you feel that way. So where will you be moving to?

Why would I be the one moving? I'm not the one who has a hard time with the USA becoming less white and more diverse all the time. I'm not one of the ones that has an issue with living among different types of people & cultures that are different than mine. I'm not the one that has an issue confronting the actual past of our country. Since all of that is coming no matter what... where will y'all be moving to?

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Why would I be the one moving? I'm not the one who has a hard time with the USA becoming less white and more diverse all the time. I'm not one of the ones that has an issue with living among different types of people & cultures that are different than mine. I'm not the one that has an issue confronting the actual past of our country. Since all of that is coming no matter what... where will y'all be moving to?

I'm trying to figure if it's China or possibly sub-Saharan Africa. I already eliminated Europe from contention. Am I getting closer?

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Pshhh, this is ATS. We're buried by Google.

No one knows we're giving Talcum X there the time of day.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Churches are private property. Their art is nobody's business. The art is not breaking laws. These totalitarian rioters are breaking lots of Federal laws and should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. It's not cute or funny watching people bully others and damage public property. I would like them to all go to prison and be collected off the streets of America. Watch Mr. Tucker Carleson's speach. He should be the emotionally intellectually mature next president of the USA. All lives matter and our rights to quite enjoyment of life in the USA is being ruined by these totalitarian rioters and Art Terrorists. Yes, the rioters are totalitarian terriorists.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: frugal

Tucker Carleson for POTUS

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: frugal

Churches are private property. Their art is nobody's business. The art is not breaking laws. These totalitarian rioters are breaking lots of Federal laws and should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. It's not cute or funny watching people bully others and damage public property. I would like them to all go to prison and be collected off the streets of America. Watch Mr. Tucker Carleson's speach. He should be the emotionally intellectually mature next president of the USA. All lives matter and our rights to quite enjoyment of life in the USA is being ruined by these totalitarian rioters and Art Terrorists. Yes, the rioters are totalitarian terriorists.

Thank you for eloquently putting to words what many on the forum are thinking.

Don't let meta-trolls ("I'm going to troll you....for getting trolled!") dissuade you from your contributions.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

BLM's founder is a Marxist. She says she is...and is proud to admit it.
You've read her words admitting it...but you want to deny the reality of her words...because it interferes with your ignorance.

As a result...you attack the person showing you her words.

Which is just more ignorance on your part.

Which is no skin off my nose.

So...continue to be ignorant.
You appear to be more comfortable that way.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I don't think I have seen a statue of Jesus in my town, crosses but no Jesus, not outside the church, only inside Catholic churches.

Maybe in the cemetery.
edit on 23-6-2020 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Pshhh, this is ATS. We're buried by Google.
No one knows we're giving Talcum X there the time of day.

It's the Los Angeles Community College BBS all over again!

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: smurfy

Nobody even knows if he existed if we are honest, nevermind what shade of white/brown/pink/black the fellow happened to sport.

Speculation is all we are every really lightly to get.

Anyhoo like i said, it was the message being conveyed that seems to count.

That's the rub, and also why I think Mr King has not really got the hang on this.
Think of it this way, why do you countenance someone if they are just the same as everybody else, so that's just one way to go, the other is to beautify to some extreme or other, or denigrate to a caricature of a human being, when there is no good way of knowing either, while all those things have been done historically, I don't wonder too much where politics came from so much, I do wonder if people today, will make their transitions a positive thing, Mr King kind of blew the shiite out of that, hopefully those in BLM will criticise him for giving a wrong message.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I think the tendency to cast people as 2 dimensional caricatures is endemic in human relations, in general.

Projective identification

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Oldest images of Jesus

aleteia.org...

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Consider that Mr. King's thoughts aside, there can be no true change, without a modicum of blood, pain, and strife.

I would imagine that's quite the rub.

Transitions are a painful process, just like learning stuff you don't want to accept.

We tend to grasp hold of what we think we know.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join