It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Coronavirus Death Rate 49X Higher Than Flu

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Say whatever you like but the need to basically shut down the country for months on end came directly out of the fact that the people in charge were caught with their pants down on preparedness for anything like this on this scale. You cannot tell people to go about their daily lives as normal when you have a disease like this with so many unknowns and you're seeing the kind of death rate that was being seen. Our response was so puny we could not even get the cheapest POS mask on every face (which likely would have made a huge difference if it had been done but wasn't done so we had a bunch of idiots running around completely unprotected and unable to be tested because the testing capacity was garbage from day one).

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: StallionDuck

The hardcore Trump crowd won't believe a word of it.

It's not that we don't believe it. It's that shutting down the economy until a vaccine is developed is insanity. We don't even know when or if they will develop a vaccine.

Personally, I don't want to live in Masked Zombie Land for 2-5 years or more and most businesses cannot make it if we keep opening and shutting or even most restaurants can't survive at 50% less capacity.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

Neither do i mate but other nations seem to be doing a hell of a lot better than our respective 1st world countries.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Maybe, Brian, maybe...

I'm a few months shy of 70, and statistically, I should have acquired CV-19 and died. I have atrial fibrillation, two heart stents from/for a heart attack, inoperable spinal stenosis, a replaced knee, arthritis everywhere, and type 2 diabetic to boot. I have and take all prescribed meds that the doctors tell me. On top of that, I take vitamins A, B, C and D3 every day. I was addicted to opioids and had to stop. I treat my pain with aspirin, 325 mg, 4 times a day, and to sleep I take one benedryl tablet each night.

When I get a sniffle, knowing that sinus drainage into the lungs can and will cause pneumonia, I use a 12 hour nasal spray. Once the sniffles have stopped, I quit.

I do everything that the doctors tell me and some they don't know about like the aspirin and nasal spray. I'm convinced the aspirin has kept me CV-19 free with help from the nasal spray and D3.

I believe if everyone who can take aspirin, take at least two 325 mg tablets a day. I just looked up for any interaction between aspirin and viruses and did find something...
New Scientist
So far, its worked for me, ymmv.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   

That's pretty political is it not, even with the pisspoor attendance?

Well Biden couldn't fill his either.....

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightFlight

I'm a few months shy of 70, and statistically, I should have acquired CV-19 and died. I have atrial fibrillation, two heart stents from/for a heart attack, inoperable spinal stenosis, a replaced knee, arthritis everywhere, and type 2 diabetic to boot. I have and take all prescribed meds that the doctors tell me. On top of that, I take vitamins A, B, C and D3 every day. I was addicted to opioids and had to stop. I treat my pain with aspirin, 325 mg, 4 times a day, and to sleep I take one benedryl tablet each night.

Its all that crap you did back in the 60s coming back to haunt you...

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
Say whatever you like but the need to basically shut down the country for months on end came directly out of the fact that the people in charge were caught with their pants down on preparedness for anything like this on this scale. You cannot tell people to go about their daily lives as normal when you have a disease like this with so many unknowns and you're seeing the kind of death rate that was being seen. Our response was so puny we could not even get the cheapest POS mask on every face (which likely would have made a huge difference if it had been done but wasn't done so we had a bunch of idiots running around completely unprotected and unable to be tested because the testing capacity was garbage from day one).

How do you handle a Black Swan Event? To make matters worst China was hiding their numbers for about 2 months. You just don't crap 330 million masks...lol

You literally could not buy masks, test kits, ventilators anywhere in the world, and to suggest we should have all that on hand is first not very economically feasible since everything has an expiration date, and second it was not something even Obama/Bush were pushing either.

BTW the testing is still garbage as the test kits are not very accurate. Is that also "the people in charge" fault? As to masks, people still do not want to wear them, and ventilators were never a problem in the end.

We might have shut down 3 weeks earlier if we got quicker numbers out of China and States actually jumped on that quicker, but once again what do you do with a Black Swan even and shutting down the whole country was an unprecedented event.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Well if you really wish to pee in Biden's cornflakes, should you not be wondering how come there are no black circles in the room?

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: XCrycek

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
a reply to: andy06shake

The left already don’t care about people’s health. They showed that when they went out to protest when we flattened the curve. Blame your friends.

And you wonder why this site will be dead and gone in a month or so.
Even in a thread about pandemics hyper-partisan vomit posts such as this one are dominating . Burn baby burn.

Actually, the site was already hyper-partisan when I joined to comment. The reason I joined is because people like you, the left, had already resorted to calling everyone a racist that doesn't agree with you, so save me your pity party because I'm not going.

I also noticed you have a pretty new account. I'm guessing all your others got banned for what you're blaming me for. What a joke.
edit on 23-6-2020 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
I think everything is relative.

The county that I live in had three people die from lightning strikes on a single day and thus far has only had one Covid death. But people around here do not live on top of each other like in the cities. Which I think has everything to do with it.

Just think, if the 3 lightning strike deaths had tested positive for COVID, they'd have been listed as COVID deaths because, as we all know, COVID devestates the body's ability to handle electrical currents in a manner conducive to survival.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Are there many fatalities down to serious burns or electrocution being reported as COVID deaths?

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   

a reply to: Xtrozero

Well if you really wish to pee in Biden's cornflakes...

I can only imagine his reaction... *angry old man voice* "Hey, what cow did this milk come from? The son of a bitch clearly is producing bad milk, but Joe Biden is hungry so Joe Biden will eat the cornflakes the same way he ate Corn Pop."

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Are there many fatalities down to serious burns or electrocution being reported as COVID deaths?

Anecdotally there have been coroners who claim they were instructed to classify car crash victims who tested positive as COVID deaths in, I believe, Wisconsin.

There have also been many, many simple "old age" deaths classified as COVID deaths since the elderly patients tested positive. Funny thing, that... it highlights how manipulative the medical community is. For years we saw elderly people who were smokers die of pneumonia or heart disease and the pre-existing condition of having smoked was listed as the cause of their deaths. Now, we are seeing people die and test positive for Coronavirus, yet their condition of having been a smoker, obese, diabetic, etc takes hind teat to the COVID.
edit on 23-6-2020 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: XCrycek

a reply to: andy06shake

The left already don’t care about people’s health. They showed that when they went out to protest when we flattened the curve. Blame your friends.

And you wonder why this site will be dead and gone in a month or so.
Even in a thread about pandemics hyper-partisan vomit posts such as this one are dominating . Burn baby burn.

Actually, the site was already hyper-partisan when I joined to comment. The reason I joined is because people like you, the left, had already resorted to calling everyone a racist that doesn't agree with you, so save me your pity party because I'm not going.

I also noticed you have a pretty new account. I'm guessing all your others got banned for what you're blaming me for. What a joke.

You have 477742236 threads on ATS in which you can prove how great a GOP bootlicker you are. Yet here we are. A thread witb an OP that reads "US Coronavirus Death Rate 49X Higher Than Flu" and you are posting # abou the "left".
Good job man. People like yourself are the reason why this site soon will be r. I. P

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I read the article that another poster replied with- and it didn't clear up the issue. Everything gets so damn murky the longer this goes on. There is a word for it... but I don't want to get banned before the ship sinks

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Sorry didnt read. Dont have to.

When a guy dies from getting hit by a bus and is labeled a covid death. The numbers are a lie.

When four states put covid pos patients in old homes. The numbers are a lie.

edit on 23-6-2020 by TheGhoul because: silly little typos

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Calling bulls# on sketchy figures isn't limited to Trumpers. I've asked TIME AND AGAIN how many of the deaths were terminal people already halfway out the mortal door. NONE of you can be, as the Brits say, arsed to actually fricking answer that.

When you do, deduct them from the counts and voila, we ave a much more accurate picture of how it's effecting normal Americans with normal s# American health. Not the already half dead people.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: jtma508

originally posted by: RazorV66
a reply to: jtma508

Administration? Just stop.
You mean the CDC.

No. I most certainly mean Trump & Co. His blame-everyone-but-himself game is coming to an end. This isn't on the CDC. If the aforementioned ass-hats had LISTENED to the CDC we wouldn't be where we are. But you go on clinging to the Trump narrative. It won't make a bit of difference now.

If the country is shutdown for 18 months, who is going to pay everyone’s bills when they cant work?

Thats a relevant question but not part of this thread really. This is discussing the lethality of this new novel virus, not who is going to pay the rent.
You can see both the problem with the economy, and the problem with the virus. You don't have to say one doesn't matter in order to accept the other issue is a thing.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Calling bulls# on sketchy figures isn't limited to Trumpers. I've asked TIME AND AGAIN how many of the deaths were terminal people already halfway out the mortal door. NONE of you can be, as the Brits say, arsed to actually fricking answer that.

When you do, deduct them from the counts and voila, we ave a much more accurate picture of how it's effecting normal Americans with normal s# American health. Not the already half dead people.

You're asking for what..psychic information about alternate timelines?
lets say 20% of people who died from Covid would have died from the flu...so what...how does this change your perspective?
you might already be halfway dead and not even know it, but not dead is not dead...you might have a underlying issue that any serious intense flu will kill you...which may not happen for another 1-40 years.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I think it happened in the 1880’s. So while it might have qualified as a Covid death since there might still be something on lockdown in Ohio, 140 years is kinda a stretch.

Although it would have had the 1.21 gigawatts needed...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join