It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man saves cop from burning car

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Now here is a feel good story for the day. A man, who had been wronged by the police in the past many times, raced to a scene of a crashed car and bravely ripped opon a burning police cruiser's door and dragged a cop to safety. He has been hailed as a hero for his efforts.

Pennsylvania man rescues police officer from burning car

The 31-year-old said it wasn’t a complicated decision to help another human being. But even some of his close friends wondered if he hesitated because of his previous interactions with a few law enforcement officers. “No. There is value in every human life. We are all children of God and I can’t imagine just watching anyone burn,” he said. “No matter what other people have done to me, or other officers, I thought, ‘this guy deserves to make it home safely to his family.’”

Hats off to Daylan for his bravery. It's good to know and acknowledge there are very good and compassionate people out there in the world and no matter what they have been through in life, will put aside their differences in a heartbeat to save a fellow human's life.
edit on 23-6-2020 by Jaellma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Jaellma

Just goes to show that not every criminal is a bad person just because they broke some law.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Just goes to show that not every criminal is a bad person just because they broke some law.

Some people go looking for trouble, some people trouble finds them.
Without more details, it sounds like from the story he is a stand up guy and was in the wrong place at the wrong time a few times.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

That's a true statement except in Daylan Lee's case he had filed a lawsuit for a wrongful arrest after a bar fight where he was arrested and served a year in jail.

McLee had rushed to the bar in Dunbar, Pennsylvania, after his sister called saying she needed a ride home because she had been drinking and a fight had broken out. When McLee arrived, he disarmed a man who was standing in the parking lot with a gun and threw the weapon aside. At least one trooper fired shots at McLee as he fled. The trooper said McLee pointed a weapon at him twice, but security footage showed McLee disarming the man, discarding the gun quickly and fleeing when shots were fired.

And also...

McLee had another run-in with officers a few months ago, when he ran from a porch gathering after officers in plain clothes and vests approached with guns drawn. He said they did not announce they were officers, and he stopped running and put his hands behind his head when they yelled they were police. He said he was charged with fleeing and resisting arrest, but said during that arrest an officer kicked him in the face through a fence, splitting his lip. He said the use of force was caught on a security camera and he plans to fight the charges.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Great story. Thanks for sharing.

(It's sad though that some really need constant reminders about the humanity of others, or that we so undervalue our own worth and that of others)

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   

a reply to: scraedtosleep

except he's not a criminal, just another man being treating like # by jackbooted pigs.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   

The man's record should be expunged. Good things should happen when you save a life.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420

a reply to: scraedtosleep

except he's not a criminal, just another man being treating like # by jackbooted pigs.

Okay tough guy .

More often then not criminals are just that, criminals , always claiming they didnt do the crime they are accused of.

None of that changes that the person in this article ran towards the bullets in a danger close scenario and because of that they deserve any and all credit they get.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

The man's record should be expunged. Good things should happen when you save a life.

Yes, he's a hero even though he doesn't want to be labeled as one. He zipped out into the middle of the night to save his sister and disarmed a criminal along the way but then topped that off by saving a police office from a burning cruiser. It doesn't get any more scripted than that. Heroes are usually very unassuming people.

It reminds me of a story that happened in the World Trade Center during 911 where some suited up businessmen and a janitor were trapped in an elevator. While they were screaming, crying and huddled on the floor, the janitor calmed them down, got them out of the elevator and led them out and down the stairs to safety. You just never know who a hero might be until a situation pushes them to do the unthinkable.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   
This guy knows there are good and bad cops. Question is was he actually wronged, or did he just try to resist arrest or run? I do not think that this guy is bad based on the statement they pushed that he was wronged or had altercations with the police, young people often try to get away but that does not make them bad people either. I never resisted arrest, but some of my friends attempted it and they got handled rough. You treat the cops with respect and usually it protects you when you get pulled over or get questioned. Why do people have to get their tits in a bundle when the cops ask for ID and ask where they were. just answer them. Even if you did something wrong...a little wrong. If you did something really bad, this does not apply, but remember, this applies to cops, they are the ones we have to listen to.

Other people will try to control us, but they do not have the authority too. If someone is your boss or is over you at work, you need to listen to them, but often other workers want control over other workers and they do not have that authority...have experienced that in the past. I always asked the bosses who have authority over me at a job who I have to take orders from, some lazy coworkers want you to do their work.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I believe this story says a lot about that man's character. We all fall short of perfection, but when the opportunity presented itself, his better nature took over and he made a choice that not everyone would make

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jaellma

Hats off to Daylan for his bravery. It's good to know and acknowledge there are very good and compassionate people out there in the world and no matter what they have been through in life, will put aside their differences in a heartbeat to save a fellow human's life.

if only more cops were like him right?

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: Jaellma

if only more cops were like him right?

Actually, I believe there are a whole lot more good cops than bad ones. They mirror society, good and bad. Unfortunately, the bad that they do is amplified and the good ones suffer.

top topics

join