It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona Covid-19 Wave of Cases

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Yes. Arizona Covid 19 have spiked since businesses began re-opening. Yes, Arizonans have resisted wearing masks. Let's take a closer look at Arizona coronavirus spikes.

The Navajo Nation has the most number of cases. However the statistics include cases in both Arizona and New Mexico as the Navajo Nation covers both states. Presently, the Navajo Nation has over 28,000 Covid-19 cases when their total population is 173,667 on the 2010 census.

The top zip code in the state of Arizona with the most cases is 85350, which is Somerton/Yuma on the Mexico-Arizona border. As of June 22, 2020 there were 1,413 covid-19 cases, total, known in a zip code with a population of 22,306 people. In 85350, over 87% of the population is Hispanic or Latino.

The 2nd highest rate of Covid 19 cases by zip code in the state of Arizona is 85009. As of June 22, 2020 there are 997 known cases of Covid 19 among a population of 49,536 people. By June 23, tomorrow it will surpass 1000 known cases. In 85009, 81.4% of the population is Hispanic.

The 3rd highest rate of Covid 19 cases by zip code in the state of Arizona is 85033. As of June 22, there are 931 Covid 19 cases known among a population of 65,759 people. In 85033, 82.1% of the population is Hispanic.

So what's going on with the spread of Covid-19? While I can't speak for Yuma, I can speak for 85009, because I live in 85009.

In my neighborhood, in 85009, half the people had a weird cough and were unable to breathe in March, three months ago. Back in March, the symptom list of Covid-19 was different and tests were unavailable. Of those who had the strange cough in March who called up doctors offices, the doctors offices would not allow them to come in. They were refused appointments. Hospitals would not let them in and Urgent Care Centers would not let them in. So no one got tested in March, as there were no tests available and residents of 85009 with a strange cough and difficulty breathing were denied access to health care facilities.

Therefore, in my neck of the woods of 85009, those with the bizarre cough and difficulty breathing in March were left to fight it off on their own with no medical assistance.

What's in 85009? There are maybe only 3 grocery stores. About 5 gas stations. About 7 Dollar stores. St. Mary's Food Bank, one of the largest food banks is in 85009. There are a bunch of warehouses. And a bunch of fast food places.

And 85009 has recycling facilities all over the zip code. 85009 is known for "Dumpster Divers" everywhere who dig thru other people's trash. Then they touch doorknobs everywhere after digging thru trash and taking it to the recyclers.

While the medical community might be quick to blame Covid-19 on the Hispanic community, I'd say NOT-SO-FAST, considering the number of recycling places in 85009.

I'd say it's a lack of cleaning and appropriate cleaning supplies. Of the list of cleaning products, known to kill coronavirus, in 85009, only one product has SPARSELY been available to clean with, which is bleach. And in many cases, bleach has been sold out for weeks on end in 85009.

I have not seen Lysol at any store in 85009 since March. Fact is, in order to find Lysol in a store, one must travel 4-10 zip codes away from 85009 in order to buy it. (I even went 20 miles away once just to buy Lysol).

So what has the predominantly Hispanic population had to clean with in 85009? Fabuloso and Pinealin and other products from Mexico which don't kill coronavirus. If they are lucky enough to find bleach, they can use that. But even bleach is scarce. I even saw someone take toilet bowl tablets and try to crumble them up to dissolve in gallons of water just because bleach was sold out everywhere. I'm not even sure if bleach is killing covid 19.

So between all the recycling facilities, Dumpster Divers, and lack of proper cleaning supplies sold in 85009, the population of 85009 has no choice but to fight off Covid 19 on their own, no matter what race they are. Whether Hispanic, White, Black, Asian or Native American...they've been left for months to fight off Covid 19 on their own.

Testing in 85009 is a relatively NEW thing. They only started testing people at the end of May.

Why do Arizonans resist wearing masks? Cause it's so damned hot. Arizona has already had excessive heat warnings. Wearing a mask in 108-110 degree heat is horrible. Not even sure it helps any because everyone's masks are saturated in sweat. That means everyone is exhaling sweat from their masks into the air. Airborne sweat all over town. Do these masks even help? Or does airborne sweat make covid 19 spread faster?

Arizona Covid-19 Cases By Zip Code

edit on 23-6-2020 by MapMistress because: Fixed link

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: MapMistress

Covid-19 spikes are always highlighted in locations where President Trump is scheduled to visit. Weird, isn't it?

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Thanks for your post, well written, S&F. I cannot even begin to imagine what you all are going through in Arizona. Bleach is finally starting to show up in my neck of the woods, along with Lysol. For a long time in March and April, it wasn’t around. I had to buy some cleaning supplies through Amazon.

And the fact that Hispanic and Navajo Indians have been decimated by COVID-19 is just terrible. Most of our country just wasn’t prepared for what came. And I cannot imagine what it would feel like wearing a mask in 110 degree heat. Yuck! Regarding lack of bleach, something that works just as well without the smell is hydrogen peroxide. That was always readily available where I’m at, and it’s cheap. I always have a spare bottle on hand. Everything I used to clean with bleach, I now clean with hydrogen peroxide. No nasty smell either.

It sounds like Arizona jumped the gun a little on loosening restrictions for COVID-19. I can’t really talk, as Wisconsin state Supreme Court struck down the governor’s safer at home order and let everything rip in late May. We have had a spike, but nothing like Arizona has. I hope and pray this country can get things under control.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 01:28 AM
link   

The numbers and percentages you are posting are good. Looks like you are nearing herd immunity.

People keep taking about number of positive cases but no one seems to be talking about spikes in overwhelmed hospitals and deaths.

Strange?

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Covid-19 spikes are always highlighted in locations where President Trump is scheduled to visit. Weird, isn't it?

You need to find the facts out for yourself. Why not ask a doctor or a healthcare worker on the front. You are making this all up in your head.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Hand sanitizer, rubbing alcohol and peroxide has been available for a month or so everywhere that I've seen. I have yet to see any hand wipes though or bleach.

I wonder how much was spread during the protests a week or so ago. There were thousands shoulder to shoulder out in the heat for hours at a time. Most of the protests were with in a mile from me

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

If you think about it, he goes where he expects good optics, where he has support. Seems there is a loose correlation to his supporters and Covid spikes.
Lots of southern states are experiencing spikes as well.
Probably lack of mask wearing, and utter disregard of the health of others.
In the case of Arizona, there is the other issue of heat as the op stated. That can make it hard to keep the mask on.

So yeah, Covid spikes are harbingers of Trump visits.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Hey, if you are worried about cleaning, I bought a concentrated cleaner online called “nu foamicide”
It’s used in restaurants for disinfecting. 1 gallon makes 32 gallons of cleaner.

It kills viruses including Covid 19.

I’ve been using it for months, just buy a spray bottle to apply it. Cheap if you consider that it’s a concentrate.
I got it from Amazon.
edit on 23-6-2020 by spacedoubt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73
The numbers and percentages you are posting are good. Looks like you are nearing herd immunity.

How did you come to that conclusion? The link in the OP only shows that some zip codes have more than 250 cases. According to this the population of OP's zip code, 85009, is 52,520 and according to this, "Depending how contagious an infection is, usually 70% to 90% of a population needs immunity to achieve herd immunity".

How did you figure out that at least 36,764 people living in that zip code already have immunity?

ETA: Also, the percentages in the OP are not the population that has immunity, they are just the percentages of the hispanic population.

edit on 23-6-2020 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Just got back from a vacation in Phoenix. Unfortunately they are seeing a spike in numbers but my Republican friends out there are very dismissive about it and think of it more as a "democratic hoax" people don't like wearing the mask because "my freedoms" I pray that the numbers don't get out of control. We love the Phoenix area it is beautiful.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 06:42 AM
link   

While the medical community might be quick to blame Covid-19 on the Hispanic community, I'd say NOT-SO-FAST, considering the number of recycling places in 85009. I'd say it's a lack of cleaning and appropriate cleaning supplies.

Everybody is talkining about clean this and clean that.
I'll bet that you have a fair number of air conditioners
there that have not, and never will be taken apart and
cleaned. They are not even designed to be taken
apart and cleaned easily. So there's the "dirty little secret"
That you and the world should be aware of.
I take mine apart every year and clean them.
So there's my challange to the rest of the world.
(especially gung ho China)
CLEAN YOUR AC!

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I'd wager that valley fever isn't helping matters.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Trump rally scheduled >>> perfectly timed release of the virus >>> !! >>> ☎️⏰

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   
People have to earn a living somehow. Not everyone can work from home, be a Government slug or has the means financially to ride things out. Government slugs are the worse though because they are making rules for everyone else and not even following their own rules. It will have to run its course unfortunately and people will have to assume the risk. Time to get out of this bunker mentality. No stopping it. Accept it, do the best we can to help people recovering but this is over with. Everything tried to slow it failed.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Yeah, that was covered.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt
Hey, if you are worried about cleaning, I bought a concentrated cleaner online called “nu foamicide”
It’s used in restaurants for disinfecting. 1 gallon makes 32 gallons of cleaner.

I’ve been using it for months, just buy a spray bottle to apply it. Cheap if you consider that it’s a concentrate.
I got it from Amazon.

How many ccs do you inject and how often?

What is the foamicide:water ratio for consumption and/or topical application?

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Man, they better shut down all their small businesses, funnel everyone thorough Walmart and shut down everything besides property tax.

It's the only way out

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: spacedoubt

I got it from Amazon.

How many ccs do you inject and how often?

What is the foamicide:water ratio for consumption and/or topical application?

No injections!
Two shot glasses in the morning.
One at night.

I could see where taking a shot and getting a shot could confuse some.
Bleach is for needles!

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Another factor that must be taken into consideration is the horrible air quality in Arizona. Especially around the more populated area's, the air quality is consistently at the top of the list for the worst in the nation. Bad air causes weakening of the lungs and immune system. Also, because of the heat, most people congregate indoors, which im sure does not help.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join