It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago Police Chief Praises Police Performance after 103 Shootings on Fathers Day Weekend.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: mtnshredder
Strong statement coming from the guy in the vid, “We need to shut down the black communities until we get it right”. I think some are seeing it for what it is. It’s a unfortunate and challenging situation nonetheless. One thing is obvious in today’s society, we’re not getting it right.

It's too bad gentleman like him are not the more high-profile "leaders". The ones who have the authority to ensure that most of the carnage is brought to an end.

72% of Chicago's murders transition into unsolved cold-cases, even when the shooter's identity is known, due to multiple cameras and also tips from residents.

President Trump needs to pull out his, "If Chicago officials won't stop the shootings, I'll do it for them". Those residents who are in harm's way would appreciate it. Inept city and police officials wouldn't, but that's too bad.

Your President does not give a rat's ass.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I hear Michigan governor Whitmer is planning on cutting "essential services" and drastically increasing taxes/fees, if the Federal Government doesn't send the state several billion "bailout" dollars.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 12:16 AM
link   

a reply to: rickymouse

I hear Michigan governor Whitmer is planning on cutting "essential services" and drastically increasing taxes/fees, if the Federal Government doesn't send the state several billion "bailout" dollars.

Your President does not give a rat's ass.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight
a reply to: carewemust

You Americans certainly have serious problems that nobody is addressing. Shame on your leaders in every corner...where they hide.

In your country, are leaders "addressing" the problems that most citizens feel are top priority items?

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 12:17 AM
link   

a reply to: carewemust

You Americans certainly have serious problems that nobody is addressing. Shame on your leaders in every corner...where they hide.

In your country, are leaders "addressing" the problems that most citizens feel are top priority items?

Yes, why do have to go there? Why not look within?

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv
Your sentiment mirrors a lot of Americans who can afford to move away, and have an adventurous "no fear" spirit.

I have a friend who relocated from Michigan to Montreal, Canada, 15 years ago. He pats himself on the back every time he hears about a "challenge" being faced by citizens here in his birth country.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 12:21 AM
link   
You can't talk about black people shooting each other because it isn't the relevant point to make.

Police MUST BE the number one cause of death among young black men and black people in general.

The number one cause of death amongst young black men is other young black men. But we can't talk about that because black lives matter you goddamned racist.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
You can't talk about black people shooting each other because it isn't the relevant point to make.

Police MUST BE the number one cause of death among young black men and black people in general.

The number one cause of death amongst young black men is other young black men. But we can't talk about that because black lives matter you goddamned racist.

Lack of policing? Lack of everything? Lack of caring? What? So, shoot them all?

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

So, shoot them all?

How about a change in policy and a change in culture.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

I only go to Chicago when I have to, for business reasons. I do what's required, and get the heck out. Still, I've been confronted with 2 near-death situations there since 2010.

It will be interesting to see how authorities will protect visitors who'll be visiting the Obama Presidential Center when it eventually opens. It's smack-dab in a location where you can hear at least one gunshot in the distance, every 5 (or fewer) minutes on Summer evenings.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 12:31 AM
link   

So, shoot them all?

Sure but how, corporations rule the world now thanks to a massive flaw in capitalism. These companies are so big now and control so much wealth they can make the rules and engineer society how they wish.

How does a p person on the individual level combat such a thing ?

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

So, shoot them all?

Sure but how, corporations rule the world now thanks to a massive flaw in capitalism. These companies are so big now and control so much wealth they can make the rules and engineer society how they wish.

Don't buy their #.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 12:32 AM
link   

So, shoot them all?

Don't buy their #.

That's easier said than done.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 12:33 AM
link   

So, shoot them all?

Don't buy their #.

That's easier said than done.

Why? Just pick American made or made in England. What's the problem?
edit on 16CDT12America/Chicago133121230 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 12:39 AM
link   

When you look into it many things are only partially made in the country you live in, for example for certain items to say made in Australia only some part of the product has to be made here to advertise as such. There's plenty of examples of this accross the board.

For the most part I buy locally at farmers markets, local butchers etc, I even grow a lot of my veg and have chickens for eggs. But it's not so much me that I'm talking about, i mean the pensioners the poor people the ones that have to shop at the cheapest places.
edit on 23-6-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 12:41 AM
link   

When you look into most things are only partially made in the country you live in, for example f o r certain items to say made in Australia only some part of the product has to be made here to advertise as such. There's plenty of examples of this accross t hge board.

For the most part I buy locally at farmers markets, local butchers etc, I even grow a lot of my veg and have chickens for eggs. But it's not so me that is mean, i mean the pensioners the poor people the ones t h at have to shop at the cheapest places.

Me too, I buy local to help my rural neighbours. And I am crafty, so I can makeshift most other things we need.
edit on 16CDT12America/Chicago141121230 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: slatesteam

It's the locations and ethnicity of most murders that's most concerning. Authorities not caring, raises big red flags of suspicion.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 12:44 AM
link   

a reply to: slatesteam

It's the locations and ethnicity of most murders that's most concerning. Authorities not caring, raises big red flags of suspicion.

Independent investigation is needed, I think.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 12:49 AM
link   

I'll second this.

I'm in the process of decentralizing my online presence to include how I interact economically online. 90% of my commerce is conducted on the internet.

Very little of what I do requires the US of the US dollar.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 12:51 AM
link   

I'll second this.

I'm in the process of decentralizing my online presence to include how I interact economically online. 90% of my commerce is conducted on the internet.

Very little of what I do requires the US of the US dollar.

I'm done with China because...well if you read the news you know. Anyway, it's only Canadian if I can get it, if not, I will try to make it myself.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join