It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An alternative to picking the lesser of two evils

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: slatesteam

Why stop there? We should campaign to wake up Azathoth. That would fix everything. Well, it would get rid of all of our problems.
edit on 2262020 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1
a reply to: slatesteam

Why stop there? We should campaign to wake up Azathoth. That would fix everything. Well, it would get rid of all of our problems.
Cthulu will do just fine. No need to get biblical

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: Drucifer

Jo is probably going to get my vote. I’d rather ‘throw away’ a vote in hopes of some actual change than take part in any of the D and R BS going on. Those idiots have had enough time to prove their idiots.

Actual change?

The only change is the tone of the lip service from one of these guys to the next. If you vote for Biden, we'll see a different tone, and the same exact country.

How was hope and change last time around? It looked like an extension of the Bush admin to me. More wars, furthering the Patriot Act scope, revival of the Espionage Act with a directive which made it more used than ever before, so on and so forth.

Trump hasn't really changed much either.

What do you think Joe would change?

Nothing, which is why Jo Jorgensen is most likely to get my vote. I should make it a habit of going by the last name instead of the first to avoid this confusion in the future.

The only thing that would get me to vote for Biden is if maybe...and it’s a BIG f*ckin’ maybe, is if Tulsi were his VP pick. Maybe. Like maybe I’ll find a $100 bill on the street tomorrow.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Sorry for the confusion Drucifer.

I missread that and went on a little tangant lol.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

Are you kitten me?

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Idk, do you want me to dog you?

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam
a reply to: face23785

Its pretty interesting.

When Im reading actual research papers, its to make further inferences, connections, question method, and approaches along those lines. Frequently to supplement my own work and research. It means I can be wrong about what I take away from it too.

Even those that do read actual papers seem to think they are looking at Truth. But, thats if they even go that far.

As you say, most "research" is literally reading headlines and small, easily digestible excerpts. Hell, many media articles change what they are saying drastically from the headline to the closing statements.

Somewhere along the line, the media (and controlling interests) have started to define what "science" is.

I think it goes much further than that though.. In that media (news, social media platforms) have begun to completely define reality for people. What is mentioned is "reality," and just as importantly, what isnt mentioned does not exist.

Stopping that hostile manipulation is important, imo. It isn't journalism. And coupled with rampant dopamine addiction, its a serious problem.

I think handling that, and reducing centralized dependency with modern technology would dramatically work towards solving a lot of issues.

This could be its own thread. There's some good books on the subject, from both sides of the political spectrum. Hiding the Decline by Montford is on an admittedly touchy subject--climate change--and talks about how the science was basically hijacked. Listen, Liberal by Thomas Frank I read earlier this year and that was excellent. It's more generally about how the Democrats have become the party of elitists rather than the working class, but there's lots of discussion in it about how the professional class has redefined science and truth, pretty much exactly what you described here.

Listen, Liberal I wish I could get every liberal to read. I don't expect them to stop being liberal after reading it. That isn't Frank's intention either. It was just to open people's eyes to the fact that the Democrats are not the party of the working class anymore.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Sorry for the confusion Drucifer.

I missread that and went on a little tangant lol.

No worries. It was the same tangent I would have went off on had I done the same thing!

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

I understand your frustration.

Still voting for Trump.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: SKEPTEK

That's fine. It's your right to do so.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>