It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Peers.... here on Above Top Secret

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I discovered Above Top Secret on Anglefire. This was one of many forums I chose to follow in the ott's www.abovetopsecret.com...

But for me it was this www.angelfire.com... At first I participated on Top Topics, unaware of New Posts. Later I would find New Posts and spend 99% of my time there, even going on months exclusively in that section.
It took a while but I finally figured out how to add an Avatar. But a bit later I was not content with one Avatar, I had several. Above Top Secret members made me realize that my opinions were not man kinds mean, there were all kinds of ideologies roaming the pages here. Some affluent, some scraping, some broken homes, others perfect homes. Politics and religion ...... now there's a battle cry. ATS humbled me, it angered me, it made me accept other mentalities and actions displayed in abundant measure. Some abhorrent to me, like pro abortion, others of political natures. But through all of it , it became the members. Who so unlike me, and others who were running side by side. Some of the many parts of the eternal character of Above Top secret

But really it was just all of us, we here reading these very words right now. (you are here) We all went through catastrophe's and losses. The weather and mother nature, the miscarriage of justices, the ruination of morals and what others would call rights.

I learned to listen and not just voice. And a great deal of the time we had extraordinary OP's, the kind representative of our call to.....
DENY IGNORANCE. I doubt anyone ever gave a thought of ATS succumbing to failure.

Not from content, but monetarily, weathering a couple doses of hard tight times like recessions. Nine years a member, time passing unnoticed. Others changing their tune over time, all the time with the favorites still participating. Having some members pass-on, their deaths bringing sadness to a great many. All the time Drawn to the site. Daily, hourly, sometimes a whole day escaping while surfing ATS.

And still not catching the method of how for me to 'Imbed' videos from You Tube.
Coming close to being Banned, and seeing others being banned, but at least a few times severely scolded by Moderators. Above Top Secret helped me grow in accepting others regardless their view, often times contrary. I also became somewhat of an un-welcome poster, deriving much scorn from other members. Gaining friends as well.

SO It has been an Odyssey to be sure ....up to this point....will we come out the other side of the rabbit hole intact? In a short while, time will tell. The thought never occurred to me that I might outlive the Forum... To all my friends and opponents... Long Life and Prosperity. And remember a couple PEZ candies a day will make the time fly and leave you with a smile.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

It is an awful gut punch to me personally. Nothing against SO and the big boys. I get it as I resigned when Robins health went downhill and I would have soon enough anyway. I was burnt out. I love this ole place and have so many post of Robins I need to save to share with her sons in case the place goes dark.

Robin and I neither posted much but we read everyday and would discuss peoples ideas. I have learned to listen more and choose my words a bit more wisely.

Anytime Robin would see a news story she would say lets check with ATS to see if this BS. We both knew that the many great minds would already have the news stories dissected and the truth would be found on here ATS. This is where we got our news , and I still do and will as long as I can.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: savagediver

Honestly, That's the way to too do.
Just read and keep the comments to yourself.

Now that I'm in the public eye, I REALLY need to watch what I post.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

I always wondered about your avatars, they always appealed to me. Loved your posts too. Enjoy the PEZ

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   
This whole thing has been a hard pill to swallow. This is a family, and ATS ownership seems determined to not compromise on the solution of its existence. I am sad, but also bitter. I feel ownership could have listened more to its members and tried to find solutions till it became too late. Many great ideas fell on deaf ears.

On that note. I am thankful for ATS AND the 3 amigos for making this place happen (even tho I'm not happy with them now).

But it's time to move on. Will there EVER be a place better than ATS?? I doubt it, because ATS and the staff here have created a very high standard. But that standard has been shown and enjoyed by thousands on the net.

A bunch of familiar faces are moving to another site in case of emergency. And it's gained much popularity just in the past week.

Many ATS members are mingling there, and tbh, the site design is similar while not exactly the same. It's a solid design. And if the creators of ATS really want a "soft landing" for its long time, and committed members here, whom will soon see the lights go out barring a miracle of some kind...Its Only fair to share the next destination for like minded ATSers to converge.

Rogue-nation3.com is where many soon to be called "x-ATS" members are going. It's a brand new start, but it's familiar at least in its membership.

I would hope the owners, right before "D-Day" would at least make an announcement about it for all the users here before the lights are completely shut off.

Thanks and good luck!
edit on 22-6-2020 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Thanks for the info. It's not over till the Fat Lady sings..www.youtube.com...

a reply to: Wookiep

top topics

join