It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

URGENT ATTENTION The Time is Now to Save ATS!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I will be absolutely gutted when the lights finally get turned out on ATS.

I've had some great times here and met some great people and I sincerely hope something can be worked out.

But I have a golden rule that I will not invest in anything I know very little about, with people I know very little about and in something I can not have a day to day hands on approach to managing if I wish.

And whilst I don't doubt the sincerity and good intentions of those involved in this I do however have misgivings about how the site would be managed, maintained and moderated.

ATS needs to return to its core values where politics was considered a stand alone sub-section of the main site.

I would definitely pay a monthly subscription and would even consider a one-off payment but can not risk any of the limited amount of cash I have on such a risky venture despite how much I would want it to succeed.

I admire, respect and appreciate the efforts people are making to keep ATS alive and I wish I could offer more practical help.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Understandable. First phase is quirking funds for initial investment. Following phases will be setting up subscriptions.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Eh, plenty of places to meet up with your friends. Plenty of places to share and discuss your views.

This ain't the only bar in town.

Been here and other places for 9 years.

Thanks for the memories ATS !

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot

Appreciate you Groot - Kdog

I agree. However, I don’t give up that easy. If this place must die — then so be it.

But we’re not going down without a fight goddamnit!

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

originally posted by: mamabeth
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Our luck the new owners would be one of the alphabet
agencies,fox guarding the hens type scenario.

You've been here long enough to know that accusation has been leveled at the current ownership on numerous occasions , I guess this situation lays that conspiracy theory to rest.

Alphabet agencies get all our data anyway so they would have no need for a discussion forum.

Lol...lol...ROFLMAO.....this is so cheeky.

I came here many years ago hoping it was flavored or followed by a lettered agency to some degrees.....lol...lol...I thought most did.

edit on 22-6-2020 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

But what if the new owner consortium was approach by the same shadowy agencies?

NSA gets all they need from emails and Facebook anyway.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

We could declare it a form of church,
And our saviour is denying ignorance. Lol

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I think someone should use a format like a BB board that runs lop etc and name the new place not so secret to keep the membership together and slash the cost right down so ads are not needed 100-200 $ a month would fix all this

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

WHat about that other site owner? said he would liek to absorb ATS or have it in a little network? Said money was nto a issue as well. it was either beyond the fringe or the other site "the fringe". Two seperat e sites.

AH found it. it was user, "Catch2020" and beyond the fringe. Yeah their site needs work but the IT teams of both can cross problem solve.
edit on 20000000ppam by yuppa because: found the user name

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I’m beside myself this is happening. I wish I could help in a greater capacity but please put me down for the subscription. I realize we’re not at that stage yet so I will stand by until called upon.

Just wanted to chime in for those who are on the fence expecting contracts and business plans right now. I realize this is a conspiracy site and we’re all a bit distrusting and skeptical to begin with. But from what I garnered with the OP, it seemed like they needed people who could help to just show up and begin to iron out the details. Asking for the plan now seems like the cart before the horse.

As for NDAs, they’re are standard at this phase as proprietary business information is going to be shared and I’m sure the owners do not want people coming back here and posting about it. As a graphic designer, I sign NDAs with all my clients before I even meet with them to discuss their project. That’s just how business is done.

Anywho, really hoping that those who have the ability will show up and start figuring out the details.

A huge thank you to everyone who’s pitching in to help. I love this site and all the amazing contributors. Yes, even you Phage. Sending all the positive vibes I can.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 03:45 AM
link   
bye bye,ats,,,its been,well kinda average since 2012,,,died after that,,,hmmm i wonder why?,,,cheerz ...im outta here,,

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 06:46 AM
link   
There is no way in hell i would contribute to a user buy-out of a failing website. ATS has been in a hole for years and is now facing its end. Better to save money and move on to better things rather than give ATS life support for another few months before it collapses under new ownership.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital
There is no way in hell i would contribute to a user buy-out of a failing website. ATS has been in a hole for years and is now facing its end. Better to save money and move on to better things rather than give ATS life support for another few months before it collapses under new ownership.

So move on then,...... whats stopping you?

Stop whinging, and leave those who want to render 'life support'

to get on with

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

The owners may want more that we can pony up, they may want more than it's worth.

This concerns me very much, one poster in another thread basically said we could put up 250K for it and that would be fair to all parties. Honestly if they want more for a site that is on the verge of shutting down they are being selfish.
It's like having a car you are trying to get 10K for and nobody will give you your asking price, so you just junk it instead of getting what the market will bare. I hope the owners aren't stubborn if they want to get it out, Springer been a ghost through this whole thing too which doesn't bode well for the whole endevour.

I wish you every success in your takeover bid.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I think it would help to clarify some logistics without any embarrassment or thinking you are gonna be judged as crooks or anything. The sheer size of the membership database, uploaded files which you at ATS have hosted the space for every last one of em, and the seix or so figures of threads, we can imagine that any monies generated would have gone to that and very little if any at all in anyone's pocket. So I think you might get more help generated, even from someone like myself who knows investors and one of two of them who like ATS and come here every so often for leisurely browsing...what kind of numbers are you talking? I know nothing about the website trade but I do know some very rich investors. But there has to be some sort of info that comes normally with discussing selling a website
For example, if I were looking at a house for sale or anyone were to do so, there isn't one person who wouldn't ask price, square footage, number of beds and baths, is there an HOA and what are the comps in the area (comparable recent sales). Does someone know what the normal base information people dealing in websites want to know and can ATS be just open and honest about that? Or is that something not generally shared with site members and is strictly for the knowledge of the weasters?

Investors willing to go in with a bunch of people a a grand each? Ten grand,? Is ATS a 50 thousand dollar site or a million dollar site? How much does the space hosted cost a year and how much has been covered by whatever revenue generated? Does it ever break even? Does it ever fall short and require personal funds covering the difference? Does it ever make profit? Will the new investors have any say in the advertising policies? What kind of standing does it have with Google or how many hits does it receive regularly?

If you mean investors as in a small number of people or a solidified group acting as one entity, I don't see how any true conversation can be had to interest them when all you have to persuade them is, "I know this site which is really popular looking to sell the site or shares of it. No I don't know how much the site is worth. Nope I don't know how they make money. No I don't know if they advertise. No I don't know how many members are regularly active. No I don't know the average socioeconomic standing of the users nor if they are mostly kids or established financially stable adults who would actually attract future advertisers. But please, do spend your time looking into it."

.sorry if I am repeating someone's thoughts I only read page one and responded.
edit on 6/23/2020 by AlexandrosTheGreat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: daaskapital

So move on then,...... whats stopping you?

Stop whinging, and leave those who want to render 'life support'

to get on with

I had moved on, but checked in last week only to find this mess.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

We ARE trying to save this place. IF you were one of the people that pledged to help — the time is NOW!!!!

You mean buy this place?

It isn't saveable as is - the owners are done as per SO's posts.

Buying it entails a lot of details. Is someone working on that side of it?

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Yup, it’s a mess. And it’s not looking good. Didn’t receive the support we were hoping for.

Maybe some brave minds can still pull it off...

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 09:52 AM
link   
No, the dice were thrown, folks are energized to start fresh somewhere else, for free.
It's a step back IMO at this point.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: PapagiorgioCZ

That seems to be the consensus.

But where do we go for that freshness?

It seems people think that a new site will magically pop up.

I’m not so confident about that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join