It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

URGENT ATTENTION The Time is Now to Save ATS!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   
There are two options - become a professional platform and legitimate source first and have a modest filtering and moderation process and attract corporate entities that operate in the fringes, nord vpn, raid shadow legends, indestructible drone, man soap and belt companies.

Or another open forum that plays favorite at every level and is controlled by skeptics and morons and eek by.

People keep saying they cant understand the costs, thats because they dont even try to educate themselves even a little before speaking their minds.

AWS or amazon web services is the cream of the crop, the uptime, maintenance, speed and service is second to none - all of the top companies trust it. This site has at least as much traffic as most of them and would have to pay the same 25-50k per month - sorry.

It's also a focal point for takedown by groups and governments and it's susceptible to the Social Justice Mob an their allies, there are foreign options that are 80% and domestic options like Bluehost that are 90% but can be attacked by Racist Poverty Center and others easily directly or through payment methods.

Google is driven by reducing load times because it knows that for every .1 second it takes a site to load large numbers of people click away. This is why they have not only mobile browsers but a new high speed standard for mobile browsing called AMP.

Key to getting AMP ready is serving your media, images, videos, favicons etc through content delivery networks and then even the text of your website itself. Services like enterprise levels of Railgun etc get expensive but are necessary.

Here is an example of how ATS is served in Sydney right now.

Performance grade
A97
Page size
1.2 MB
Load time
-0.00 s
Requests

Even with the current money spent, not so great in Germany

Performance grade
C76
Page size
732.8 KB
Load time
2.24 s
Requests

Sucks to be you Brazil aka UFO hotspot

Performance grade
D65
Page size
1.3 MB
Load time
6.95 s
Requests
edit on 25-6-2020 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I'll offer my graphic design skills.

But I'll be honest, I think there may be a chance that the individuals who run ads on this site simply don't like the opinions expressed on it and want to shut it down.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: NightVision

Yes. I think it's pretty much the consensus that a monetizing model based primarily on advertising is not viable to make ATS sustainable. We'll have to get creative, that discussion is coming soon.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

originally posted by: Lucidparadox
Serious question... why are we to believe that a sale of the site would be a bad thing?

Obviously if there is a buyer they know about the site and have interest in it.

Also...

Maybe the buyers won't be right wing slanted like it seems the current owners are, that could be a plus.

So, this is actually a very good question.

Simply put, it would not be a problem at all. In fact, I think everyone (including the working group) would absolutely support the idea and have no objection (not that any objection would mean one iota anyway). If the new owners changed it for the worse, well, then that would be very unfortunate likely for everyone (the membership and them).

The challenge du jour is, to create a safety net in case that doesn't happen. And, given the sense of urgency expressed by management coupled with the financial hardships and the current economic climate makes this timeline very short indeed. This is the underpinning spirit behind the efforts of the working group.

More than just tangentially related though is the notion that a member consortium ownership will have a lot more control and flexibility for the direction of the website than some corporate conglomerate might allow. And further, just as noted above, the same paradigm applies if people don't like that direction. So, the benefits of that flexibility works to the advantage of the membership as a whole.

Honest answer.

Repetition for emphasis.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Without knowing the details other than that the current model isn't sustainable and a new owner is needed asap, my initial thought is that you have a captive audience here in a drilled down niche that could be monetized via ownership / partnership with a company selling items that appeal to the members here, for example survival equipment. ATS could be a great acquisition for a related company. I can't send DM's other than to mods so feel free to reach out to me with the details and I'll take a look. I've consulted for a few hundred businesses, and I've bought and sold several companies. I'd be happy to help out if I can.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   
This is a big point surely, that there is just too much data on the site which requires such a large cost for hosting and storage. If the site was hugely slimmed down it would solve the issue of that huge cost? Or not?
I assume the 25k per month is just for that?
Makes more sense to trim the fat from the website than try in vain to raise the capital each month via ads which isn't so profitable right now?
Or am I missing more to this??
a reply to: Fallingdown

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: cirrus12
This is a big point surely, that there is just too much data on the site which requires such a large cost for hosting and storage. If the site was hugely slimmed down it would solve the issue of that huge cost? Or not?
I assume the 25k per month is just for that?
Makes more sense to trim the fat from the website than try in vain to raise the capital each month via ads which isn't so profitable right now?
Or am I missing more to this??
a reply to: Fallingdown

You're not wrong.
Older posts and threads could be compressed and archived, but most importantly the image library could be removed. There must be literally millions of images and GIFS in storage.
The image library alone probably runs into Terabytes.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: cirrus12

Hundreds of thousands of individual accounts image librarys going back about 20 years are being carried (right term?) as data.

That makes absolutely no sense to even a layman like me.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Every other site I’m on uses a offsite image hoster and you use your library on your own computer.

Hell we could even get some decent emojis then

edit on 26-6-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
Hundreds of thousands of individual accounts image librarys going back about 20 years are being carried (right term?) as data.

It's not that far back. I want to say there was an image update around 5 or 6 years ago when they moved to the site hosting them. Someone else who recalls the details better may be able to give a better estimate.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

With the data storage cost given in this thread. If it’s only five or six years worth of image data . That makes it sound worse . Lol

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

The last image migration was the loss of MATS...so more like 8-10 years ago...leaning more towards 8 as I did a small amount of work on my MySpace-like homepage on MATS but not to the level of others like AshleyD or RS13 did. They went all out.

Even with the heads up, lots of people were upset about it.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I messaged but didn't ever get a reply back from anyone? Hopefully, I wasn't lost at sea. Lmao

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ProgramSiberia

This is a link to the Proboards website where the group working to 'save ATS' has set up a forum to 'do the work'...

...it's easy to join, and there's an "Introductions" thread where you can outline any skill sets or etc. you have to contribute and express how you'd like to help..

atsworkinggroup.boards.net...

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

Thank you!

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Am I overestimating the power of ATS to influence popular narratives in assuming there’d be a queue of deep state investors offering to buy/fund ATS from a smorgasbord of nations? If ATS can influence, then it’d be a prize for such clandestine entities. So, are this site’s owners turning downing offers from source they can’t vet, or don’t trust?

If there ever were shills on this site you’d think they’d be the ones presenting financial rescues too good to be true. So, even if it’s ATS’ final act it could probably now figure out who those shills were thanks to such offers.

Or, if such offers of rescue are not presenting themselves, does it suggest that ATS never really was on the radar of any of the powerful entities it so often reported on? Does that suggest they never really existed in the organised, far reaching, omnipresent way we all assumed?

Are we all faced with equally dower scenarios of either keeping the site, but in a way we can’t entirely trust, or it’s demise going unnoticed because the deep state entities of manipulation never existed?

As much as any of you, I want/need ATS to survive. But if it does it’ll be imperative to keep an eye on any bias that may emerge.

edit on 27-6-2020 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl
I'm not qualified to join that group, but I have to say that the list of recent users commands instant respect. I feel more encouraged already.

edit on 27-6-2020 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Yeah, now that I think of it, it was that long ago. We all had to learn how to do the image upload, I just didn't think it was that far back but then again it doesn't seem like I was here for 14 years.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Edit: nvm, someone replied already.
edit on 27-6-2020 by Bent8484 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Does anyone know how much longer we have before the place is sold?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join