It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

URGENT ATTENTION The Time is Now to Save ATS!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   
We are in the beginning stages of a possible purchase of ATS. There has been enough conjecture and talk in the last 4 days since the announcement. The time is NOW to pony up — if you wish to keep this place alive.

We ARE trying to save this place. IF you were one of the people that pledged to help — the time is NOW!!!!

Due to obvious factors, the effort was taken to a private site. FCD is in the process of taking names of people with the following:

1. Investors
2. Technical People
3. Software people

PLEASE DO NOT PM if you don’t have one of the previous 3 skills. If you do, PM FCD, Caterlilerage or myself.

MANY stated / pledged to help. However, we’ve only had 8 people show up (but it’s only been about 24 hours).

PLEASE, if you are one of the people that wants to see this place survive — PM Flyingclaydisk. He has been gracious enough to spearhead this endeavor. As if this man didn’t have any time to begin with...

If you love this place, as the saying goes — it’s time to put your money, where your mouth is!

Not trying to be abrupt, but time is of the extreme essence....
edit on 22-6-2020 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Have to sign a non-disclosure agreement?

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I’m not rich was down to fire off $10-20 a month to see the conversations continue. But that’s all I can really do, not much but something

SaneThinking

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I don't have any of the qualifications required........

But eager and willing to do anything I can....

Edit to add: It would possibly be better if the title of your thread

was in a neon colour to set it apart from normal threads, and so be

better seen.

edit on 22-6-2020 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: SaneThinking

That is the amount I mentioned as well.I can help with
$10.00 per month,no paypal.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   

NDA about keeping my mouth shut on what exactly?
edit on 22-6-2020 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   

It might help if you specify what kind of help you're talking about. If it's regarding being an investor and part-owner of the site, or a monthly subscription/donation, or a one-time donation.

I'm not trying to be difficult -- I promise! I just know that many people have suggested/offered several different types of help, and you may not be speaking to all of us.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Like saying,"I mamabeth promise not to divulge my
cookie recipes to other sites." type of deal? I just
want to help out,not run the place.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Get that paper son.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Thank you. This is if you want to participate in the initial takeover.

Monthly subscriptions will be worked out later.

Anyone with:

1. Investors
2. Technical People
3. Software people

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Additionally, if you think I’m interested in stars in this thread, you’re wrong.

FLAGS YES! Everyone needs to see this!

This place is going away if we don’t get the participation that was previously pledged.

I know it’s Monday, please come out of the slumber people.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I applaud your efforts but if the current owners can't make this site sustainable I'm not sure how a user buyout will change that unless you guys have ideas for the future sustainability of ATS and technical knowledge to realize those ideas , not trying to piss on your bonfire but the die seems cast.

Good luck with your efforts but don't bite off more than you can chew.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

Exactly. As stated, ''Terms of the sale''. Which means, keep your mouth shut.

As I can see so far, there was a thread where the notion of members ponying up enough money to buy the site was raised. Many said , yeah, me, I can put up plenty of cash to help buy the place.

Then there was a thread where it was said that letters had been sent to a select few who had expressed this desire, a letter to hold an ''off site'' discussion on how to go about this. Others were at that time also invited to join in on that meeting by PMing the member who was the focus point of the meeting.

Then that member came back and said that of all those who had expressed a desire to be part of the purchase of ATS, only a small handful had logged in to the meeting. and that it appeared that the drive had failed.

This thread appears to be an attempt to revive that drive.

What I"m wondering with this NDA, is if, members here manage to purchase the site so it can continue, just what will be their objective. To make money? I wonder at that as the originators of the site are finding that the expense of the site is more than they wish to carry, that is the profit from the site is not worth the expense of the site.

So how do these prosepctive ''new owners'' think that they can make money off of it. I wonder.

Or if not to make money, do they wish to just use the site to continue the messaging that they themselves like to put across? Maybe, many not, I don't know.

But with this NDA, will we other members even know WHO are the new owners are? Will we know just how they plan to run the site? fit

I"m not getting my hopes up. For all we know, the ''new owners'' will keep this NDA in place and we will never know who they are.

So, I would like to see a list of those who are forming a fund to purchase ATS and statements of how they would like to proceed to keep the site alive and what they how they would propose to keep it as it is.

So speak up now, you prospective new owners? How much are you kicking in and what do you expect from your purchase. Profit?

A continuance of free speech?

Maybe a propaganda site for your own personal political opinions.

Speak up please. Who are you.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

It would be a business deal so sensitive information about the business would be shared , an NDA is the only way to keep those details out of the public domain.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I would guess those who jumped up and offered to donate or get a subscription or something of that nature were thinking a monthly thing $10.00- $20.00 $50.00 or more on a 'direct deposit' sort of platform, maybe even pay pal or the like, but more likely thinking of automatic withdrawal.

I think you will find that the case. There Are some members here with abundant means who could likely swing such an undertaking. Perhaps a tax incentive to fix and upgrade "Code" ( I still am ignorant of just what that is) but it seems people would be swarming all over Above Top Secret as a greatly undervalued investment on the cheap.

.............but yea, lets settle this thing out with a new owner and proceed ahead. As I said in a post, I would be able to maintain a monthly direct deposit, and willing. But something has to happen, a direction, a formula, a plan. Were ALL ears and eager.

(That CODE thing, I remember what we had early on that is now only in archives, chat and stuff) ...... that is missing now.....?

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I can tell you that my intention isn’t to make money. It’s to preserve free speech.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Our luck the new owners would be one of the alphabet
agencies,fox guarding the hens type scenario.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   

We are trying to make the new owners be us members.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join