It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA Today: Democrats wearing slave trader cloth is okay because of cultural significance

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Couple of things:

Everyone want to crack on white people for being slave owners, go look up Anthony Johnson from Virginia late 1600's.

And the double standards set by members of the media about anything that the DNC does vs everyone else. Biden says something blatantly racist, it's ok. Trump says all people are equal, that's racist. A white person wears a white power shirt, racist. A black person wears a kill all whitey's shirt, that's ok. A black man that works for a cable news networks remodels his house and makes a multi-family home into a single family home, then complains about how whites are moving into his neighborhood and getting rid of all the affordable housing.

Now there's this Kenta Cloth issue. Every one seems ok in the media about this, but let's say for a minute that the Proudboys were the ones wearing it. Is that still ok? What if these same people wearing the Kente Cloth were now wearing Indian Chief head dresses, would that be ok?

It's not just the double standards that piss me off, it's the blatant and assonating why that the media pushes that it's ok for some but a war crime for others to do something.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: neo96

When will BLM and their supports get over it ?

I can't answer that.

You will need to get the answer from BLM.

Looks like the POPE is apologizing to the BLM.

twitter.com...

Considering the Vatican's long history of atrocities, I think he should sit this one out.

Hide and pretend nothing happened?

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: neo96

I can't answer that.

You will need to get the answer from BLM.

Looks like the POPE is apologizing to the BLM.

twitter.com...

Considering the Vatican's long history of atrocities, I think he should sit this one out.

Hide and pretend nothing happened?

In the early days of the Vatican, that's what they used to tell women that "Met" a cardinal while outside their homes.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

It's almost as if they'd like to forget how they were neck deep in triangular trade.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

It's almost as if they'd like to forget how they were neck deep in triangular trade.

I read a biography of Harriet Beacher Stowe last year. She was so pissed that all these society types that flocked around her when she came to do a book tour in the UK absolutely refused to lift a finger or donate any money to help the abolitionist cause. Precisely for that reason, because it would hurt them economically.

They just liked to virtue signal about how they were "against" slavery, but they weren't really. Sounds like some people we know today...

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

Now there's this Kenta Cloth issue. Every one seems ok in the media about this, but let's say for a minute that the Proudboys were the ones wearing it. Is that still ok? What if these same people wearing the Kente Cloth were now wearing Indian Chief head dresses, would that be ok?

It is only considered cultural appropriation if it is politically expedient.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Its been an absolute miserable few days but have to admit seeing a brit talk about everyone else that dealt in the slave trade and ignoring arguably one of the top 2 worst offenders gave me a chuckle.

Its interesting how many americans freely acknowledge that we have done bad things, but some Europeans like to pretend their country never got blood on their hands.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Its been an absolute miserable few days but have to admit seeing a brit talk about everyone else that dealt in the slave trade and ignoring arguably one of the top 2 worst offenders gave me a chuckle.

Its interesting how many americans freely acknowledge that we have done bad things, but some Europeans like to pretend their country never got blood on their hands.

Yeah what's even funnier is how they don't see the irony, always whining about how arrogant Americans are, while thinking they're so much better than Americans.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Yeah what's even funnier is how they don't see the irony, always whining about how arrogant Americans are, while thinking they're so much better than Americans.

Britain didn't abolish the slave trade in its colonies until 1807 and the US passed our own abolition of the slave trade a year later in 1808.

Britain didn't start on abolishing slavery itself until 1833 and went gradual.

We, of course, needed to fight a war to figure it out, and one could argue that in some ways it was the war and the suddenness of it that could have helped spark many of our current disagreements.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday
Everyone want to crack on white people for being slave owners, go look up Anthony Johnson from Virginia late 1600's.

Slavery is an issue pushed by people who have no understanding of the past.

Yes, the Trans Atlantic slave trade was an affront. It moved millions of African slaves to the New World by Europeans. Yet, and here's the rub, the Europeans bought slaves from Africans who were slavers. Slavery in Africans by Africans was endemic before the Europeans came along. African nations existing through slavery, including the slave trade into the Middle East and trans-continental trade. When the Europeans came along it was a commercial opportunity which enriched Africans as much as it enriched Europeans.

Don't forget that Africa is not one country. It's a multitude of cultures and nations. Black people come in all shapes, shades and privilege. This is the case now, and it was the case a few hundred years ago.

Slavery exists today in Africa. Sadly, the energy in blaming the whities for all the woes of slavery should be directed at Africa (and other places) today, where forced and bonded labour, coupled with child slavery and marriage are still common. These practices continue and seem to have no importance to the moralists and the self-righteous who live in the echo chambers of blinkered politics.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 02:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: alldaylong

Shall we have some actual facts

Here's an inconvenient FACT.

White people got over being slaves a long ass time ago.

White people also abolished slavery a long ass time ago.

Will the slave trade in North Africa ( TODAY) ever be spoken about by one single individual leftist on the planet?

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Hmmm....not sure I’m seeing it?

(post by MrSensible removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Imagine if Trump had worn one of those scarves. We’d never hear the end of it. Like when he was so insensitive as to choose Tulsa for a rally site, and on Juneteenth. Unforgivable.

Apparently, Tulsa must be shunned forevermore by all right-thinking folk because of a race riot 99 years ago.

In 1919, there were about 40 race riots all over the nation, including NYC, Philadelphia, Memphis, Charleston, Washington, D.C., New London, Annapolis, Norfolk, New Orleans, Chicago, Syracuse, Omaha and Baltimore. There was a big race riot in Houston two years earlier. And there were race riots in Detroit in 1943. en.m.wikipedia.org...

Democrat politicians should shun those places as an example for Trump to learn from.
edit on 24-6-2020 by Scapegrace because: Addition

edit on 24-6-2020 by Scapegrace because: Addition

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   
It is a made for TV moment. for them, it doesn't matter because nobody is going to care if people look into it. Kind of sad.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

And they always ignore the history of slavery of Africa and Middle Eastern countries. There are still various African and Middle Eastern countries where slavery is legal today... How many white Europeans, and others, were sold to slavery in Africa and the ME?... including Europeans in merchant and passenger ships going to the New World, or those from the New World going to Europe whom were taken as slaves by the Northern African Muslim nations for hundreds of years before slavery was started in the New World. Maybe all other nations should demand reparations from Africa and from the ME...

edit on 24-6-2020 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Everyone is aware of this story by now I'm sure. While trying to pander to black voters in a staged photo op (remember how bad those are?) Democrats famously wore African garb that's associated with a tribe that practiced the slave trade.

Naturally, by the left's rules, this means that Pelosi et al. support slavery. Hey, this is the world ya'll created. No sense crying about it now.

Anyway, in this USA Today article they actually try to defend the dumbass Democrats who wore this thing by saying this (emphasis added):

"In the Facebook post, Brandon acknowledges kente cloth’s historical ties to the slave trade; however, he ignores the broader cultural significance the cloth has to West African and African American culture."

Oh, so if something has some cultural significance besides its ties to slavery, it's okay now? What else might that apply to?

The hypocrisy and lack of self-awareness would be shocking if it wasn't so predictable.

This is not about choosing what they dont like.

They want a war , it's their way or no way.

They don't like America , they hate the history of America. And want to change everything about it.

And they need to be stopped immediately

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
a reply to: LSU2018

And they always ignore the history of slavery of Africa and Middle Eastern countries. There are still various African and Middle Eastern countries where slavery is legal today... How many white Europeans, and others, were sold to slavery in Africa and the ME?... including Europeans in merchant and passenger ships going to the New World, or those from the New World going to Europe whom were taken as slaves by the Northern African Muslim nations for hundreds of years before slavery was started in the New World. Maybe all other nations should demand reparations from Africa and from the ME...

They do not care, they have picked a fight against white America. Everything else will be ignored and given a pass.
It's going to get very bad unless these anti Americans are stopped in their tracks

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

I feel like there is a no true Scotsman fallacy in here somewhere hahaha just every time I hear Scotsman I think fallacy , why is that? I am Scottish , i'm nae true Scotsman

No Scotsman wearing a kilt was a slave trader
I knew a Scottish slaver trader and he wore a kilt
he wasn't a true Scotsman

or something to that affect.

I get what yer saying and agree its just as daft to suggest that just because someone did something that everything from that place or people should be tarred with the same brush is a bit of a illogical leap to make, especially when its a piece of material , like arent gold chains and jewelry representations of chains and people wear them or is that just an urban myth ?

lets just look at it this way , people who owned and profited from slaves were #s , we know what type of person would do that a # , everyone kens a # when they see one , I just think that its going too far when we start to see inanimate objects as symbols of hate that are in every day use like a scarf
or a gold chain , people are going to far with the slippery slope of cancel this cancel that, all symbols and artifacts , the cross , etc etc seems a bit NWOish eh ban all symbology apart from the the super state .

this is how a civilisation becomes dull and grey , they think everything is offensive so eventually it all just becomes bland and boring as everyone is too scared to offend so we remove all colour , and even the sun becomes too bright and offensive , thats how they get to dyson spheres not because of technology requirements , just because the sun offends our future selves

sorry went off on a mad yin , to be expected we are like lab rats locked in oor wee cages with our internet
so of course we end up babbling #e
I just hope there isnt an X class flare on its way
imagine nae internet the now

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

aye that maybe the the case that africans were involved in slavery before europeans came along to colonise
but it was the europeans who came out with race theory through gross european exceptionalism
the bastardisation of science to suit their sick agenda of dividing mankind based on physical appearance who is pure and whole and who is savage and brutish.

it was the creation of the ideology of race not the practice of slavery that is the main issue
slavery is always a terrible thing no matter which human it happens to but being targeted for slavery specifically because of your appearance is another thing all together.

Slavery back then before the atlantic slave trade was about power over ones enemies prisoners of war and also for political bargaining and also for work labour , the invention of taking slaves purely because they are subhuman is thanks to some #s ego trippin thinking they were the dugs baws in Europe.

the culrpits clearly were so disconnected from reality they thought they were perfect , but were actual #s

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join