It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Last of Us 2 Play this game

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I finished The Last of Us 2 today and it almost left me speechless. Over 25 hours of gameplay and I couldn’t put it down. The game mechanics are improved and a dodge movement has been added which allows a brutal counter, so even without a weapon you are a force.

It is not for everyone. It is very mature in subject, part two is not like anything else out right now. If you loved the first game prepare to see some jaw dropping, tear jerking scenes if you haven’t seen any previous spoilers.
It takes the first one and throws the weight of the world on its shoulders. It touches on many social issues from sexuality to honor killings. It is a story of revenge, it is a dark tale and there are not many happy moments. If you have a problem with lesbianism, or women who are more muscular than yourself, it is not for you. If this doesn’t bother you play this game!

You get to participate in both sides of the conflict as you learn what fueled the hatred and even has you understanding why characters do what they do.

In my opinion it’s a masterpiece. It definitely has set the bar.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I wouldn't bother promoting a game that promotes even more division in the country. The "white" American patriot is portrayed as the enemy in the game while promoting LGBQT views. Out with the old and in with the new. The New Age. The game is pushing a narrative on the public. A lot of developers left in the making of the game due to the ideologies the game is trying to spark in ones mind. Regardless, your countable for where you place your money.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Your post is a pretty well done non spoiler review and just makes me more excited to continue on.

I’m only at The Seraphites (chapter 3). I did read the spoilers, and the main one I had expected to happen in this game anyways. Even that didn’t help prepare me for the scene.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: joshuaislord

Oh #, you're right. The gameplay looks great untill you realize that it's a dream of an antifa lesbian.
Her fantasy about stabbing Americans in the neck.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 03:22 AM
link   
From what I’ve read and seen the gameplay and graphics are great!
But they ruined the story completely...

Apparently the protagonist from the previous game is someone who trusts nothing and no one, never uses his real name and avoids people.

In this one he walks into a hostile group, gives them his real name and dies.
But it’s a different writer than the first tlou.

I’m someone who cares deeply about story and consistency.
So naaaah, I’ll pass.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Jeez it's a game, chill....

I'm half way through and it's a brilliant play, gameplay wise it improves on everything.
The graphics are sometimes amazing, the rope physics are extraordinary.

Actually good to see different themes compared to normal games, if your easily offended then maybe not for you.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Garbage game. Garbage ideals. I cancelled my preorder because I have a moral compass.

a reply to: TheLieWeLive

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

Did you even play the first, as your comment suggests you didnt, but you are making a point of passing on the sequel

Oh the outrage and "cancel culture" mentioned in this thread,

people canceling pre order, refusing to play it

some say free speech is dead because of cancel culture, maybe we should restrict types of protagonist in games

Its just a bloody game, life has more than 1 outlook, we are all different

I am playing it on PS4 slim and it looks great and so far plays well, only just started though

Enjoy

edit on 22-6-2020 by UpIsNowDown because: typo

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 07:21 AM
link   

I didn’t see any of what you suggest. No white division, if anything it puts woman in control more than most games.

Maybe that’s not your cup of tea.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 07:24 AM
link   
The story is realistic and that’s the problem. People want games to get away from life, this one isn’t for that.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 07:49 AM
link   

I've started playing it - brilliant. Not far in yet (no spoilers - I'll just say I'm now looking for Joel). I actually had to finish the first one last week, as I'd barely got through it in 2015 so, knowing I'd pre-ordered this, figured I'd better complete it. Glad I did as it helps the backstory out no end.

The whole lesbian thing isn't my bag, but each to their own. It doesn't impinge on my enjoyment of the game at all. It's well written, so what does it matter. If it had been written poorly, then sure - I'd moan.

The mechanics are a lot smoother than the first part - I'd say that much. Shooting feels like it has more weight to it. It's very visceral, too. The sound design though - wow. They've really gone to town on that. Whether it's the wind blasting through the doors as they're shut, to the music which ups the tempo as things get more tense.

And apologies - I'm playing it on 'Light' mode, because I don't have the reflexes I once did! That said, even Light was a close call for me during one situation.

Thoroughly recommended.

edit on 22-6-2020 by youcanttellthepeople because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Have you actually played it?

And as far as I know the developers didn't leave because of 'ideologies'. It was mainly due to developer crunch.

I for one am glad to give them my money - it'll pay their bonuses for all that hard work.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: joshuaislord
I wouldn't bother promoting a game that promotes even more division in the country. The "white" American patriot is portrayed as the enemy in the game while promoting LGBQT views. Out with the old and in with the new. The New Age. The game is pushing a narrative on the public. A lot of developers left in the making of the game due to the ideologies the game is trying to spark in ones mind. Regardless, your countable for where you place your money.

Seems like a stretch. I haven't heard anybody who actually played the game feel that way.

You sure you're not looking for a conspiracy that isn't there? This game is getting review bombed by thousands who never even played the game. (Because of leaks).

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I'm not finished with it yet, but it is a FANTASTIC game all around. Love it. Incel types are big mad because strong women and lesbians. They left tens of thousands of negative reviews, without actually paying the game, to make it look bad. It's not bad. It's perfect.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
Garbage game. Garbage ideals. I cancelled my preorder because I have a moral compass.

Um.. Moral Compass? That's like refusing to watch The Walking Dead because some of the main characters do immoral stuff to survive.

It's a fantasy story..

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Gameplay was great but the story was horrible. A cheap revenge story and the ending.... Horrible horrible and so unfulfilling .

They did the last jedi to Joel. Absolutely horrible writing.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
I'm not finished with it yet, but it is a FANTASTIC game all around. Love it. Incel types are big mad because strong women and lesbians. They left tens of thousands of negative reviews, without actually paying the game, to make it look bad. It's not bad. It's perfect.

That's your opinion and I'm glad you like it but the whole you don't like it because you hate women and gay people is weakkkkk.

So many beloved strong women in video games. The side characters arent interesting and they completely destroyed Joel's character. AND ABBY ISN'T A GOOD CHARACTER

"hello strangers I'm Joel you might have heard of me"

Yea... Like he'd do that in the first game. I can names numerous other games with better writing and Gameplay.

Horizon zero dawn to start
edit on 22-6-2020 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Agreed. We are watching the end of Neil Druckman and Naughty Dog. It may just be a video game, but it's also the end of current video gaming if other developers follow in the likes of this sh*tshow. Look at how many of the major streamers were/are disgusted by what this game has done ie. gross abuse of characters from first game, false advertising misleading of character(s) role in game, SJW checklist development, etc.

The outrage is not from lame cancel culture, it is from real video game fans. Sadly, it's not just Druckman as Sony has proven to go to heinous lengths to suppress all info when the game was leaked +/- a month ago going and ridiculous restraints placed on reviewers before the game was released. Most certainly a major disappointment in the gaming community as most were excitedly anticipating this game before it leaked, to the dismay of many claiming the leaks were fake.

On a positive note, more people have been awakened to another corrupt form of media, game journalism.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I am hoping that the rumors are true , and that Sony and Naughty Dog will release this for PC.
No , female protagonists or sexual orientation does not bother me.
I do not base my purchase of games on either of those.
Gameplay and graphics.
The major 2

And I will be waiting.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
I am hoping that the rumors are true , and that Sony and Naughty Dog will release this for PC.
No , female protagonists or sexual orientation does not bother me.
I do not base my purchase of games on either of those.
Gameplay and graphics.
The major 2

And I will be waiting.

Best to wait because some people are calling it a masterpiece and others are stating its bland outdated and just plain bad writing like myself. Its actually a good game in some ways but wtf were they thinking....

I'm just gonna act like the last of us 1 was the end of the story.

Ghost of Tsushima is coming out soon and im betting it will surpass this universal 10/10. pffft i can name so many better well written games that got a 7/10

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join