It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black-on-white violent crime much worse than I thought

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

originally posted by: Scapegrace
So I ask you: Who are the true victims of racial injustice in America?

Wouldn't higher crime rates be an indicator of injustice?

Unless there is any implication of racial motivation behind these attacks, this doesn't help your argument.
Sounds like some serious justification on your part.
I mean really... your argument is: whites are horrid people who treat others bad so others are justified in criminal retaliation....
My interpretation was that our society is so unjust to black people that many are forced to commit crimes. Perhaps because they’re hungry or can’t pay the rent or something like that.
edit on 23-6-2020 by Scapegrace because: Typo

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man

Here’s a link to a U.S. DOJ report on 2018 violent crimes. www.bjs.gov...

The violent crimes researched in the study are rape or sexual assault, robbery, aggravated assault, and simple assault.

Go to Page 13, Table 14 for a breakdown of interracial violent crimes (not including homicide or nonnegligent manslaughter).

The table shows about 548,000 violent crimes committed by blacks against whites in 2018.

In contrast, about 60,000 violent crimes were committed by whites against blacks in 2018. That’s only 11 percent as many as blacks committed against whites.

LMAO you read that completely wrong and got so many stars and flags 🤣.

Victim........Race of offender (highest percentage)
White..........White
Black...........Black
Hispanic......Hispanic
Asian............White/Black/Asian

Side note, white supremacists always leave out the demographic population of the US when analyzing crime statistics.
Since you’re so much smarter, what did I write that was wrong? Specifically. And now I’m a white supremacist for stating indisputable facts? I’m not saying the truth can’t be used for racist purposes, but can the truth itself be racist?
edit on 23-6-2020 by Scapegrace because: Addition

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: Scapegrace

Neither do I. Maybe a few half ideas... I'd start by tackling the high rates of lead-poisoning plaguing inner cities. We cannot hope for any better if we don't stop poisoning and compromising minds. Then focus on schools, creating courses in schools that actually teach real valuable life skills like child care, cooking, shop classes, consumer economics, etc. We need to prepare our kids to be responsible and productive adults, and that means giving them the skills necessary to actually be responsible and productive adults. I think in some/many cases, a boarding school -- perhaps even military schools -- could be beneficial in teaching many of these kids the structure and discipline they need but are lacking in their homes. Especially in single parent homes. Perhaps mentoring programs for both boys and girls, and even men and women, who can benefit from the experience and wisdom of others who have mastered their fields.
I like your ideas, though I think there has to be a movement within the black community to change self-destructive behavior. And fathers must marry the mothers of their children, or better yet, girls and women should either abstain from sex until marriage or use contraceptives/condoms.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I am sorry for your difficult experience. Desegregation was intended to help integrate our communities. I thought that the long bus rides for all children are difficult. I do not agree with Common Core or most of the current educational approaches recently. Bill Gates bought off the Governors Assoc to apply his control of the education system. I am surprised really that the liberals do not complain about the control by a private foundation over the public system. Rosa Koire in her book, “Behind the Green Mask,” exposes the use of public-private partnerships in Agenda 21.
That being said, I feel people need to understand the bigger picture of the indoctrination of the youth and the uae of giant data warehouses ( the giant one in Utah in particular) to store massive amounts of personal data of children and their families. This is not to diminish your personal experience, it is to understand the bigger picture for us all.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: game over man

Sorry as shown by my posts several times on this thread, you are wrong

The graph is super easy to read. Re-quote your post if you're really trying to prove your point white people need to fear for their lives of black people, otherwise the graph speaks for itself.

You probably want black people to go back to being 3/5ths a person again? Maga right?

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Here’s a link to a U.S. DOJ report on 2018 violent crimes. www.bjs.gov...

The violent crimes researched in the study are rape or sexual assault, robbery, aggravated assault, and simple assault.

Go to Page 13, Table 14 for a breakdown of interracial violent crimes (not including homicide or nonnegligent manslaughter).

The table shows about 548,000 violent crimes committed by blacks against whites in 2018.

In contrast, about 60,000 violent crimes were committed by whites against blacks in 2018. That’s only 11 percent as many as blacks committed against whites.

LMAO you read that completely wrong and got so many stars and flags 🤣.

Victim........Race of offender (highest percentage)
White..........White
Black...........Black
Hispanic......Hispanic
Asian............White/Black/Asian

Side note, white supremacists always leave out the demographic population of the US when analyzing crime statistics.
Since you’re so much smarter, what did I write that was wrong? Specifically. And now I’m a white supremacist for stating indisputable facts? I’m not saying the truth can’t be used for racist purposes, but can the truth itself be racist?

White supremacy means a person puts white people as the supreme race of the earth.

Total victims of all races: 5,061,940.

When you multiple the offender percentage by race and tally up those numbers, then divide by total victims, you get this:

Offenders by race for all 5,061,940 victims
White 50%
Black 22%
Hispanic 15%
Other 8%
Asian 3%

Adds up to 98%, just double checked I'm off 2% somewhere, but doesn't matter. If a republican or conservative feels the need to leave the Trump party, they can get more accurate including population demographics and the picture will be clearer.

One can go even further a look at prison populations in the US by race and what crimes they are behind bars for, and the length of their sentence.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

Lol

My post was shown twice

You calling anyone a racist who correctly reads the data and saying they want blacks to be less of a person is laughable and always the tactics of you race haters who must deny reality to push your racist hatred

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   
The balance of yin & yang is something that each individual must master within themselves. To allow yourself to be influenced by or to influence others by; fear, guilt, shame, hatred, lies, illusion, and or greed, is to allow the inner darkness full control.

This does not damage you enough to realize it. But rather does a ridiculously tiny amount of damage to ones physical neuro-psychological structuring each day that the imbalance continues. You are not taught about it and you lie one to ten times per day and before you realize it 25 years have passed. You have exceeded a multiplier of 10,000 damage daily. Your mind is deteriorating and the rage from pain you don't consciously acknowledge drives you to base more extreme decisions on the attributes of darkness further multiplying its own effect in a feedback loop. -A sociopath is born.- All because of fervent religious zealot level belief in a lie that one demands must be reality.
This lie, "I am oppressed because of the color of my skin." is self reinforced by deciding that no one could possibly find any other flaw in you~absolute arrogance and ego. Instead of taking responsibility, the lie is self reinforced 5,000+ times before most african-americans turn 18.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Wouldn't higher crime rates be an indicator of injustice?

Unless there is any implication of racial motivation behind these attacks, this doesn't help your argument.
Sounds like some serious justification on your part.
I mean really... your argument is: whites are horrid people who treat others bad so others are justified in criminal retaliation....
My interpretation was that our society is so unjust to black people that many are forced to commit crimes. Perhaps because they’re hungry or can’t pay the rent or something like that.
So which part of society is so unjust ? The programs which hire or admit students of color as part of their quotas ? How about the NFL which pays multi million dollar contracts to players of color ? How about the desegregation program bringing people of color into different schools and bringing white kids to black neighborhoods?
Yah guess what I have been discriminated against in hiring for being an older white female so cry me a River
edit on 23-6-2020 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Poverty does not cause crime, otherwise Bangladesh would be a war zone.
Large gaps in income distribution in a consumer culture is the cause.
Envy. Greed
edit on 0000006080868America/Chicago23 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Oh this thread. Again. And just as always, the same few will read a graph and immediately stop as soon as they think they've found something that confirms their world view.

Ok:

African-American prisoners who are convicted of murder are about 50% more likely
to be innocent than other convicted murderers. Part of that disparity is tied to the race of the
victim. African Americans imprisoned for murder are more likely to be innocent if they were
convicted of killing white victims. Only about 15% of murders by African Americans have
white victims, but 31% of innocent African-American murder exonerees were convicted of
killing white people.

This is interesting, don't you think ? Why would blacks be 50% more likely to be innocent when imprisoned for killing whites?

The convictions that led to murder exonerations with black defendants were 22% more
likely to include misconduct by police officers than those with white defendants. In addition,
on average black murder exonerees spent three years longer in prison before release than
white murder exonerees, and those sentenced to death spent four years longer.

Why would there be a 22% increase in misconduct by police when the defendant is non white?

Most wrongful convictions are never discovered. We have no direct measure of the
number of all convictions of innocent murder defendants, but our best estimate suggests that
they outnumber those we know about many times over. Judging from exonerations, half of
those innocent murder defendants are African Americans.

It makes sense right? Black people get arrested more. A lot more actually.

Now drugs:

The best national evidence on drug use shows that African Americans and whites use
illegal drugs at about the same rate. Nonetheless, African Americans are about five times as
likely to go to prison for drug possession as whites—and judging from exonerations,
innocent black people are about 12 times more likely to be convicted of drug crimes than
innocent white people.

I dont know about anyone else, but I see a trend here.

In general, very few ordinary, low-level drug convictions result in exoneration,
regardless of innocence, because the stakes are too low. In Harris County, Texas, however,
there have been 133 exonerations in ordinary drug possession cases in the last few years.
These are cases in which defendants pled guilty, and were exonerated after routine lab tests
showed they were not carrying illegal drugs. Sixty-two percent of the Harris County drugcrime guilty plea exonerees were African American in a county with 20% black residents.

This percentage is likely so high due to an higher arrest rate for people that happen to exist while black.

The main reason for this racial disproportion in convictions of innocent drug
defendants is that police enforce drug laws more vigorously against African Americans than
against members of the white majority, despite strong evidence that both groups use drugs at equivalent rates. African Americans are more frequently stopped, searched, arrested, and
convicted—including in cases in which they are innocent. The extreme form of this practice
is systematic racial profiling in drug-law enforcement.

Comparing arrests stats mean absolutely nothing, but you already knew that.

www.law.umich.edu...

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I like your ideas, though I think there has to be a movement within the black community to change self-destructive behavior.

Yes, definitely... and there is, but there sure is a lot more political and media and celebrity attention to glorifying the thug life, or magnifying their perpetual victim status, anything but encouraging education and a good work ethic and self-sufficiency and on and on. This is where we have to "know them by the fruits of their labor." There are so many groups and organizations dedicated to helping inner city youth in various ways, in practical and productive and fruitful ways that will serve them well for their entire lives. But instead of those groups being promoted and that route being encouraged, all the national focus and outrage is on their victimhood -- real, imagined and hyped up beyond all recognition.

When we're talking about already compromised youth -- in various ways and for various reasons -- being hit with diametrically opposing messages, I guess it's no surprise that so many choose poorly. I don't know how to fight that, except perhaps to remove them from the negative influence/environment. Boarding schools would be one way to do so.

At the same time, if we had the will, we could do so much to offer free and easily accessible education and PSAs with our current technology, and give so many more kids (and their parents) more and better tools for success. Such programs could be offered by either public or private interests. Who didn't love Schoolhouse Rock? Conjunction Junction? How a Bill becomes a Law? Wouldn't you love to see some of these preachy celebs actually doing something with the wealth and privilege they've been afforded, rather than lecturing the rest of us? Television, radio, internet... the possibilities are literally endless. And, obviously, not just for inner city kids. Such would be available to ALL kids. But in theory at least, it would be inner city kids and other disadvantaged kids who most need access to such programs, and would benefit most.

I would also like something like this for adults -- anything from budgeting and finances, to childcare and parenting issues, managing a household, simple home repairs and maintenance. We know are kids are being taught crap and are not prepared for adulting. Better informed and educated parents raise better informed and educated adults.

And fathers must marry the mothers of their children, or better yet, girls and women should either abstain from sex until marriage or use contraceptives/condoms.

I tend to think the high teenage/unwed pregnancy rates have much to do with absentee fathers also, as daughters look for male attention in all the wrong places and all the wrong ways.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   
There are too many unwanted and un-loved children who grow up angry at the world.
There are aspect of modern culture that allow for this, or perhaps it's all ways been the case.
To boil it down, I think there is a empathy deficit.
Cultures that do not cannibalise themselves during times of hardship, survive.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 08:53 PM
link   

No, I did not say or imply any interracial crime had a racial component.

I’d be willing to bet racism is a strong factor in most such assaults.

Is anyone else confused?

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Even when you account for population the black on white crime is maybe 2x higher than vice versa.

The sad reality is people of low IQ anywhere commit more crimes - when you have large concentrations of people who live in poverty, don't have access to or choose not to educate themselves and put little to no priority on moving onward and upward you will see these patterns.

Modern humans of direct subsaharan descent are the oldest peoples on earth and yet remain in large part at the lowest rungs of society everywhere in the world. You can't blame europeans for the fact that anywhere it seems like the 1.1 billion africans are the majority in the world, country or community exist at substandard self imposed and community reinforced living and seem to be likely to do so for a long time to come.

You only need to travel to Africa and see people too lazy to dig a pit elsewhere using their beaches and other amazing landscapes as toilets.

I was talking to a lady from Tanzania the other night about protests here and she was telling me that when her local soccer team wins there is always riots, 1 tribe against another no matter the result and that our protests about life and liberty seem weak and ineffective compared to those over a game and how she hopes to never return there again, except to see her family.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Yeah it's racist when clearly white people commit the majority of violent crimes and you and others are saying blacks do.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 09:11 PM
link   

I can tell you, but you won't like the answer.

I read something about BLM a while back that said that some of them want White Men exterminated.

Be prepared.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Another thought... we know that most high crime rates have very high recidivism rates. We need to do more with prisoners to prepare them to live a life of NO crime after they are released. If they don't know any better, they can't do any better.

Years ago, Sheriff Joe had a local radio talk show that I used to listen to. Many ex-prisoners would call in to the show to thank him for providing educational programs and services in jail, giving them tools to do better when they got out. They'd say he was tough, but fair, and if the prisoners were willing to put in the work, Sheriff Joe gave them the tools to make a better life. They could study and get their GEDs, as well as learn trades, and there were job training/placement programs to help them find jobs. I don't remember many details now. But I do remember sometimes thinking that for lots of these guys, Sheriff Joe became the "dad" they needed to give them a good swift kick in the butt. Some said they appreciated that Sheriff Joe believed in them enough to even offer them the opportunities he did.

Sheriff Joe wasn't perfect, but he did a lot of things right.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   

a reply to: Grambler

Yeah it's racist when clearly white people commit the majority of violent crimes and you and others are saying blacks do.

It's not racist to say that black people are more prone to criminality.
It's racist to say that the skin colour is the reason.

The reasons are long and convoluted but they are real.

By minimising this you are only easing white guilt.
But that's what BLM is about.

No black person will see benefits, but a bunch of rich white kids will feel like they made a difference.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Still equating the officer killing GF to racism eh? Which by the way I've seen no evidence for...maybe I missed it. What would've happened if it was a group of all black police officers and one of them killed GF?

Think we'd still be here today discussing this?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join