It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black-on-white violent crime much worse than I thought

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Boadicea

And I told you what a good part of it is:

The big problem is young, black men. They grow up without fathers. You can look up the stats on that, but you know they are as bad as the stats on crime.

I don't recall you telling me this... perhaps I missed one of your replies to me.

I agree wholeheartedly. I think the lack of a good male role model is a huge factor, and one that needs to be addressed. (Not just in the Black inner cities either, but that's another thread). It's not just a problem for boys either. Girls have daddy issues too -- like teenage pregnancies. I don't know how to do so without addressing the other factors that contribute to fatherless homes.

I explained that they have an education system that is simply geared against boys in general, no matter the race.

It sets them up to fail. Then there are the gangs in inner city life, and that's where the real separation is. You are a black boy who wants a father figure? In most inner cities, you start banging. The gang becomes your male support structure, your role model - your daddy. And we know where that leads.

Again, I agree to a great extent. But none of this is because "Black." Lots of boys grow up without fathers and don't turn into gangbanging violent criminals... so what are the differences? What factors help some boys grow into responsible and productive and self-respecting adults, while other boys grow into criminals?

Let's start with the inner city, where they start banging for survival. And it starts young. They'll get their ass beat -- or worse -- if they don't do the gangbangers' bidding. They'll get their ass beat -- or worse -- by other gangs if they don't have their own gang to back them up. Sure, some find a sense of brotherhood in a gang, but it's borne of circumstances as much as desire.

How do we break that cycle???

Not by crying "Black"!!! Much research has already been done -- how many times have I posted links to clinical studies documenting the clear adverse effects and relationship between lead poisoning and violence in the inner cities??? All the fathers in the world can't fix what's broken if we don't fix the lead-poisoning problem that impairs cognitive function and leaves them literally unable to make reasonable and thoughtful choices and decisions.

But even beyond this, much more needs to be done, as you suggest. But no one wants to do that research. No one wants to find real solutions. They get us fighting each other, Black vs White, and keep screwing us all.

And just look at how well it's working many right here in this thread.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Right. It's all their own fault. If only they weren't like that.
I get it. Comfy.

edit on 6/22/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I chose to reject the post modernist theory there is no objective truth.

I think the discussion is focused too much on how people feel as opposed as to what the objective facts say.

That has allowed for the public censorship of many people disagreeing with the marxist objectives of black lives matters, struggle sessions, the destruction of objects depicting history, and outright violence against people.

If we focus on how people feel instead of facts, then both sides will inevitably stop talking to the other side and violence will be inevitable.

So no, I see no evidence that there is a big enough problem worth worrying about that many people are so racist they think black lives dont matter, no matter how much the race hustlers that push that narrative for their own personal power want us to believe that.
edit on 22-6-2020 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I'm not crying black so much as inner city. That's where the gangs are. But you could look at culture - what does gangsta rap glorify? It glorifies that thug life. Sure the music is the product, but it's a self-reinforcing cycle now.

That's why I said, do the research ... are the black boys growing up outside the inner cities having better/different outcomes than the ones in it? If fatherless black boys growing up outside the inner cities are having outcomes more in line with fatherless boys in other groups, then maybe we can consider that it's a product of the inner cities themselves and the environment they create.

That would tend to argue that perhaps the Great Society, housing project answer to poverty was wrong all along.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: ketsuko

Right. It's all their own fault. If only they weren't like that.
I get it. Comfy.

At least partially, it is. We all make our own beds in life through the choices we make.

Of course, it's far too easy to say it's all their fault, but we can't give them everything either. What's wrong with them is partially in internal, personal flaw, and the only person who can fix that, is the person who has it.

The overweight person eats to much and exercises too little. Without mustering the self-discipline to fix those two traits, they will never lost weight no matter how healthy their diet becomes. You can still overeat healthy food and get fat.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Scapegrace

I am not sure 🤔 how constructive this analysis is. There is allot more to the story here. I also do not think discussing it on ats will help us understand it better, if anything more people will misunderstand it, since social media these days seems to be emotional driven or tribal mentality.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Always an easy out when people say things that may upset your comfy apple cart.
Don't listen. That's the ticket.

I really don't see this working out well for them. People are angry. People want solutions. People want our damn critters to do their jobs!!! Of course the Senators' longer terms provide many with some protection -- i.e., they aren't up for re-election this year.

Having said that, I'm also quite worried about what they might come up with...

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   
If a young adult male is not guided into being a productive member of society, he can easily become dangerous.
Internal viewpoints, self esteem.
This is parent's job. It is not even the job of the schools, which feel like jails.
The culture demonizes them, they become what the culture wants.
Who is 'the culture' ?
Too many young angry men, with no women or means of self respect,
is the cause of every war.
edit on 0000006051565America/Chicago22 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I'm not crying black so much as inner city. That's where the gangs are.

Yes. I have researched this previously, in depth, and that is exactly where the problems are.

But you could look at culture - what does gangsta rap glorify? It glorifies that thug life. Sure the music is the product, but it's a self-reinforcing cycle now.

Yes, it does and is. And it sells. To a whole helluvalot more than just Black youth...

That's why I said, do the research ... are the black boys growing up outside the inner cities having better/different outcomes than the ones in it? If fatherless black boys growing up outside the inner cities are having outcomes more in line with fatherless boys in other groups, then maybe we can consider that it's a product of the inner cities themselves and the environment they create.

If that research has been done, I cannot find it. And I've looked. And if that research has not been done, as obvious as it is, then it's because someone already knows the answer and does not want the research done.

Too many critters -- political, media and corporate -- are benefiting from the status quo.

That would tend to argue that perhaps the Great Society, housing project answer to poverty was wrong all along.

Indeed. But that's been obvious for some time now.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scapegrace

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Scapegrace

That’s the kind of rationalization I was expecting. But there’s a big problem with your logic. There are only five times as many whites as blacks in America. Yet blacks violently victimized whites nine times as much as vice versa in 2018. How do you rationalize that?

How does 13% of the population average 51% of ALL homicides since 1980?

Good question. The Left never wants to talk about it, and I suspect must Leftists aren’t even aware of it.

You’d think that would be a huge news story, but no one in the MSM wants to touch it. It’s radioactive and will get you in deep, deep trouble with the thought police — even though it’s the truth. I used to think journalists were seekers of truth. What a joke!

Sadly, young blacks comprised 58 percent of all juveniles arrested for homicide and nonnegligent manslaughter in 2018. It’s all in the FBI UCR table 43B.

You would think that BLM's priority charter would be to concentrate on correcting that inconsistency before organizing people to march in the streets for anything. It is a blatant statistic that half of all murders are committed by the 13% of our population which is black. The "Lives Matter" part of the slogan gets completely lost in the statistic. I know it does not account for all of the other racist things that go on in this country, and BLM does a good job of trying to neutralize those inequalities for the black population, however to not acknowledge this fundamental fact is as racist as anything else they are trying to remedy. Where are their plans to help to resolve this, and when do they ever talk about it?

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: bender151
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

No, not if the convictions correspond with arrests equally. For example, African Americans are arrested on drug charges at comparable rates to all other races, including caucasians, but the conviction rate is disproportionately higher for African Americans. That would point to a fairly obvious issue within our justice system. Actually committing way more crimes though? No one wants to touch that issue.

I'm not sure why.

It's racism 101, treat people poorly until they act down to your expectations.

If African Americans are not committing more crime then we can make an argument that racism is solved.

I do agree the stats are inflated by various means but I would be surprised if it flipped the positions.
edit on 23-6-2020 by Krahzeef_Ukhar because: Editing is fun

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I started a thread awhile ago saying there are more places around the world where you will be attacked for just being white.

In NYC alone there are streets. 711s, and bars where you will be assaulted and robbed just for having white skin

And its very under reported

I dont know how they have been getting away with it as long as they have.

Extremely different culture

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Race does not dictate the outcome.

EVERY single Human Being on this planet is a product of their environment. Plain and Simple.

For example, I grew up in Hawaii. We never had any racial issues there simply because it was never a thing. We were not taught any differences in race. Many of us are mixed so we never even cared. The only thing we hated was when the outsiders came to the island and disrespected the locals and the land.

Now look at other places, for example. I have literally heard a single black mother tell their son that it's all the white mans fault that they are in the situation they are in. I have heard white moms tell their daughters to stay away from black men because they will harm them. It works both ways but it always starts out with what they are taught. That will never change. Racism isn't born, it's learned.
edit on 23-6-2020 by jidnum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 10:54 AM
link   
About 16% of the population in USA is black right?

They commit 16% of the crimes against white people right?

Am I missing something? Those stats are completely inline with demographics aren't they?

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
About 16% of the population in USA is black right?

They commit 16% of the crimes against white people right?

Am I missing something? Those stats are completely inline with demographics aren't they?

Thats incorrect, as I will repost again from page 4 of this thread.

First lets go to table 12.

The first thing worth looking at is the percent ratio of population to offender.

you see the number is .8 for whites, and 1.8 for blacks. This means on average, blacks are about 2.25 times more likely to commit violent crimes than whites. This also happens to be almost the exact amount more blacks are more likely to be shot by police, something that is not a coincidence i am sure.

Now lets look at the total population of whites from that table. 171,493,180 Population of blacks, 33,132,390

You are correct most crimes with all ethncities occur within the racial group, ie black on black, white on whoite, etc.

But when comparing black on white crime vs white on black, it is clear black on white is far far more common.

So we can see from this table whites were the victims of violent crime 3,581,360 times in 2018. 15.3 percent of those crimes were committed by blacks, which would round out to about 547,948 violent crimes by blacks committed against whites.

There were a total of 563,940 violent crimes committed against blacks. 10.6 percent of those were committed by whites, which rounds out to 59,777 violent crimes of whites on blacks.

Now we take the population numbers, and figure out the chances of an individual of each race attacking the other race.

547,948 instances of black violent crimes on whites, divided by the total population of blacks, 33,132,390, gives us a percentage 1.654% on average of a black person committing a violent crime on a white.

59,777 violent crimes of whites committing them against blacks, divided by the total population of whites of 171,493,180, gives us a percentage of whites likelihood on average to commit a violent crime against blacks of .035%.

Lastly, we take the percentage likelihood of blacks to commit violent crimes against whites, divided by the likelihood of whites to commit crimes against blacks to give us the finalk number of how much more likely a black person is to committ a violent crime against whites.

so .035% divided by 1.654%, gives us 47.257

So in 2018, blacks are 47.257 times more likely to commit a violent crime against whites than vice versa

I did these numbers from the same bureau stats in 2015 i believe, and the numbers came out to blacks were 23 times more likely to commit a violent crime against whites than vice versa.

So that percentage has increased significantly.

So I am afraid to say you are completely wrong in saying the OP was wrong.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

A dominant claim I see from African-Americans who think they're being intellectual is that being white means you never have to be afraid because of the color of your skin or feel uncomfortable because of the color of their skin. Clearly, they have never thought to ask a white person about that or if they have, they haven't believed the answers they may have gotten because I have gone to places where I have felt uncomfortable or just plain unsafe/in danger because of the color of my skin. I worked at one for three years.

edit on 23-6-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   

a reply to: Bloodworth

A dominant claim I see from African-Americans who think they're being intellectual is that being white means you never have to be afraid because of the color of your skin or feel uncomfortable because of the color of their skin. Clearly, they have never thought to ask a white person about that or if they have, they haven't believed the answers they may have gotten because I have gone to places where I have felt uncomfortable or just plain unsafe/in danger because of the color of my skin. I worked at one for three years.

Why would you feel uncomfortable around certain people because the color of your skin?

That makes absolutely no sense unless you were taught to fear others with different colors of skin than your own.

I'm a mixed race and i have fair skin and not once have I felt feared because of the tone of my skin, probably because I was never taught that fear.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: jidnum

Some places are hostile if you aren't like everyone else, and that feeling can shift on a dime.

I was the only white sprinter in college, and never had any trouble. But sports teams are different. Everyone there knows the score. You earn your place.

Walking into a tough inner city school as one of a handful of whites is a different thing, especially when some of the other teachers are open about their beliefs that only blacks can educate blacks. I had a colleague get assaulted by a student. She was hit in the back of the head by a thrown trash can and actually blacked out for a time. My room was vandalized by kids out of their classes; let's just say they wrote things on the chalkboard targeted at my skin color.

edit on 23-6-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler
Thank you for explaining this to me.

I have no excuse for not reading the thread or reading the linked document thoroughly.

I can only apologise for my shortsightedness.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
a reply to: Grambler
Thank you for explaining this to me.

I have no excuse for not reading the thread or reading the linked document thoroughly.

I can only apologise for my shortsightedness.

No apology necessary at all

I myself often comment in threads without reading every post

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join