It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Martin Luther King Jr BBC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I just want to share this video with you all. Considering recent events, I think it is relevant.

Despite the hardships of African Americans over the decades, the LOVE in his eyes is evident.

He mentions particular states where things were bad for "Negro" citizens in the 1950's.

Two states were specifically mentioned. Alabama and Mississippi.

Guess who was in charge?

MLK was assassinated because he found out the truth.

Please never forget. What we see today is part of the cover up. Only leftist areas have disgusting murder rates.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

I’ve often thought dr king would be ashamed of his people today.
He spoke of peace, hard work, faith and forgiveness.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   

King was not a race baiter, he want people judged by their character and not their skin color. The I have a dream speach goes against every thing preached by the BLM of today.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

BLM is a PsyOp.

The sooner people realise that, the better.

We the people need to wake the f#ck up. Worldwide. Lucifer pulls the strings no matter what colour s/he disguises themself as...

ATS needs to recognise this.

We are beyond conspiracy theory now. Everything we were talking about ten years ago is happening in real time.

edit on 2162020 by Wide-Eyes because: Because it matters.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=25260285]Wide-Eyes[/post

BLM is a PsyOp.

This movement is being controlled by the tear it all down teaching of the 1960's crowd. The leaders are students of that teaching. It just as dangerous today as it was back then.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Absolutely!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 07:32 PM
link   
But wait!

Here is some more:

Man's receiving the Nobel Peace Prize? The guy must have done something good.

I'm looking at the world This Day and shaking my head.

MLK preached LOVE, NOT VIOLENCE.

This goes for everyone no matter your heritage.

Peace to all of my HUMAN brothers and sisters.

edit on 2162020 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Everyone needs to LISTEN to this.

This is no BS.

OVER 50 YEARS AGO, this guy had the balls to tell EVERYONE that we are all responsible for our own failures and we need to move forward.

Equality in the face of terror.

It's so sad that after half a century, so few actually listened...

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
But wait!

Here is some more:

Man's receiving the Nobel Peace Prize? The guy must have done something good.

I'm looking at the world This Day and shaking my head.

MLK preached LOVE, NOT VIOLENCE.

This goes for everyone no matter your heritage.

Peace to all of my HUMAN brothers and sisters.

Not so sure of the message here at all, we should all know what MLK was about, it's not reprise time.

BLM do have relevance, while should be subject MLK's ideals, even though he also understood the difficulty of restraint...restraint being the operative word, something that the powers that be, personified in the American police of today is very lacking, so reactive, while so protected at the same time.
I think this thread is so disingenuous, it pisses me off.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

His people? What people are they? Why would he be ashamed?

Don’t be scared, homie, tell us.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Not so sure of the message here at all, we should all know what MLK was about, it's not reprise time.

We’ll never know the message — the OP unequivocally declared he was killed because he found out the truth.

MLK’s message was the truth, this OP is diametrically opposed to the truth.

Oh, and did you know, per the OP, only leftist have disgusting murder rates.

Praise a man for peace, love and unity, but spew that hateful drivel out 2 sentences later — that’s the character of the OP folks.

He enjoyed yours stars and flags, so jokes on y’all too.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Cravens

Okay Kevin.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Funny how we praise the people of the past for civil rights protests. But in the present, they are always demonized and criticized as hooligans.

Politics screw everything up. The alt-right for YEARS has been complaining about police brutality and militarization of police.

Then suddenly when blacks start protesting about it, the alt-right switches sides.

What happened to years of complaining about police overreach???

That's why i can't take these anti-BLM people seriously. They so easily switch ideals because of politics and race.
edit on 22-6-2020 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Yea the protesting is actually instigating a change. Something the alt-right and others wanted to happen for years. Police overreach was talked about alot, especially in right leaning groups.

But now they all are for police militarization and overreach because black people are spearheading the police reform movement.

Absolutely pathetic. Websites like infowars or other alt-right are showing their true colors.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   

www.youtube.com...

America needs to listen to this again

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Moreover, I am cognizant of the interrelatedness of all communities and states. I cannot sit idly by in Atlanta and not be concerned about what happens in Birmingham. Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly affects all indirectly. Never again can we afford to live with the narrow, provincial "outside agitator" idea. Anyone who lives inside the United States can never be considered an outsider.

You deplore the demonstrations that are presently taking place in Birmingham. But I am sorry that your statement did not express a similar concern for the conditions that brought the demonstrations into being. I am sure that each of you would want to go beyond the superficial social analyst who looks merely at effects and does not grapple with underlying causes. I would not hesitate to say that it is unfortunate that so-called demonstrations are taking place in Birmingham at this time, but I would say in more emphatic terms that it is even more unfortunate that the white power structure of this city left the Negro community with no other alternative.

Dr King - Letter From Birmingham Jail

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cravens

Hmm..
His people... Black people.

He would be ashamed because 75% of black babies are raised by single mothers with no fathers around.

He would be ashamed to see all the young black men dying at the hands of their piers.

He would be ashamed of rap music.

He would be ashamed of what the culture of his people has become.

So yeah.. He's probably rolling in his grave.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cravens

Hmm..
His people... Black people.

He would be ashamed because 75% of black babies are raised by single mothers with no fathers around.

He would be ashamed to see all the young black men dying at the hands of their piers.

He would be ashamed of rap music.

He would be ashamed of what the culture of his people has become.

So yeah.. He's probably rolling in his grave.

Look, I have no idea if 75% of black babies are raised by single mothers with no fathers...but just to entertain, a rather rote-like regurgitation of such, this assertion of fact, I present to you a video:

It’s early in — I watched only first 65 minutes or so before I had to light that burn pile when I saw do-GoodEr neighbor pull out for his Sunday afternoon Molson run — but Weinstein posits Chauvin isn’t a murderer in isolation...the notion that a great deal of black male adults are incarcerated is part of the function and there is something to it.

Anyone feed up with cancel culture would like Bret as well. And Joe. They touch on the narcissism (my words and internalized understanding) that is the germ cell of the cancer called cancel culture and a few other things, but that’s just the first hour+. You should enjoy podcast. Bret exudes a nauseating pretentiousness but he’s a good cat.

@OP: I just asked the old lady this weekend what’s this ‘Karen’ thing? “Is it like this ‘Ok, boomer?’ dismissive?” And as best I could gather from her, it’s some middle-aged woman, complaining and taking-a-stand trope...if referring to me as Kevin is its male counterpart, I missed the connection. It’s not even close*.

Truth is, you got mad and/or inebriated or whatever and came to ATS during its dying days and just straight up provided more fuel to the fire. And evoking MLK is some truly low-hanging fruit.

* If the end of 1980 is the last of the Gen Xers, by weeks, I’m technically a Gen Xer. I’ve never identified as anything but such, but was surprised to see a graphic showing the periods of history that born such generations and I was barely Gen X. Also thought Gen Y followed Gen X but that graphic illustrated Millennials from 1981 - 1996...assumption is Karen/Kevin is a Gen Xer and millennials have a new target 🎯. So bud, I may be older than you but I’m no ‘Kevin’. Not even 40...yet

edit on 22-6-2020 by Cravens because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Cravens

Ahah! You can be civil.

I may have been a little overboard in my OP and I apologise if it came across that way. I wasn't very articulate.

What I was trying to say is that these recent racial tensions are being manipulated and stoked by the media and the Democrats to turn people against each other and I know for a fact that I'm not alone in seeing this.

MLK said we need to work together to overcome these issues, not destroy everything that goes against a mainstream BS narrative.

MLK saw through the BS and was killed for it.

People are being manipulated and it's wrong.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Arthur J. Hanes served as mayor of Birmingham, Alabama between 1961 and 196... en.wikipedia.org

Born: October 19, 1916. Died: May 8, 1997. Party affiliation: Democratic Party (United States)

Birmingham, Alabama was, in 1963, "probably the most thoroughly segregated city in the United States", according to King.[6] Although the city's population of almost 350,000 was 60% white and 40% black,[7] Birmingham had no black police officers, firefighters, sales clerks in department stores, bus drivers, bank tellers, or store cashiers. Black secretaries could not work for white professionals. Jobs available to black workers were limited to manual labor in Birmingham's steel mills, work in household service and yard maintenance, or work in black neighborhoods. Whenlayoffs were necessary, black employees were often the first to go. The unemployment ratefor black people was two and a half times higher than for white people.

Albert Burton Boutwell was the 19th Lieutenant Governor of Alabama. A Democrat en.wikipedia.org

Born: November 13, 1904, MontgomeryDied: February 3, 1978, Birmingham
Spouse: Helen Balfour Drake
Party affiliation: Democratic Party (United States)

City CommissionPresident (mayor)Art Hanes
(1961–1963)
Albert Boutwell
(1963–1967)

Alabama in the height of the civil rights movement.
edit on 2262020 by Wide-Eyes because: Formatting

top topics

join