It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a way to PM more than one member?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Is there a way to create what I would call a contact list within the PM function where you can PM more than one member at the same time?

Not looking to spam anyone, but a group of people have responded to the formulation of a working group to discuss a possible framework for a next generation ATS, and while we work on getting email contact information I'd like to be able to send updates to the group without having to send individual PM's.

Thanks!

FCD

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   
As far as I am aware it's not possible for anyone but an owner.

I could be wrong but feel pretty confident about it.

In the past off site options have been used when group coordination was required. Skype or Discord are good fits.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Thanks. That's kind of what I was afraid of. I agree Skype or MS Teams (not too familiar with Discord) was the intended plan, but before I can do that I have to get all the contact information to invite them. Hence my request here.

Ultimately, what I'd like to do is create a place where we can both conduct meetings as well as publish updates on progress for the sake of transparency. The meetings themselves would not be in a town hall format, but then I'd like to be able to push updates about decisions reached, and/or outstanding issues to a larger group.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I've contacted the rest of staff to see if there might be a solution or workaround to help you out. I'll post back here if anything comes of it or simply to say that one wasn't found.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Setup a discord, create an invite link, copy and PM to whoever you want to join, delete invite link, done!

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Also, if you want help setting up a discord, I can help as a “private contractor” so to speak. Be a good backend for mods/staff (if the site is kept alive).

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Got it. Downloaded, setup and Done.

Thanks!

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 08:36 AM
link   

You’re welcome! Need any help, shoot me a PM

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Out of curiosity, you said "delete invite link"...what is the purpose of deleting?

ETA - You have a PM

edit on 6/21/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Deleting the invite after everyone’s joined means no one else can join unless invited through another invite. It’s just a little bit of security in case someone who has joined decided to be malicious and give the link to “everyone”.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Your box, please.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Ah, gotcha! Will do.

Thanks!

top topics

join