It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reading Stabbings: 3 feared dead...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Reports of a controlled explosion in a flat in Reading. Twitter is the only source so far.
twitter.com...
twitter.com...

edit on 2062020 by Wide-Eyes because: Extra link in Reading

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

The three deaths are now official, there are also perhaps six more who have been stabbed.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Maybe more. When the news broke there was a video circulating that showed at least three people bleeding out on the grass. They were just meters apart from each other.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Sure, the big difference would have been that lots more would have been shot dead instead of three people being stabbed to death.

I understand that UK style gun laws would not work in the USA.....why can't you understand that US style gun laws would only make things worse here in the UK and we don't want them?

My condolences to all those affected.

I know someone who lives in Reading but we haven't been in touch with each other for quite a while now.
I'll try and get in touch with him and see if he knows anything.

No that's wrong, flat wrong. Criminals in the UK can get guns right now. Law abiding citizens wouldn't want to try getting one. This guy figured a knife would suffice.

If law abiding citizens had the right to own guns then people might have been able to defend themselves.

You are making it worse yourself by not understanding basic human rights. You say "we" don't want them? You don't speak for the population there only yourself, and there are plenty there who have the opposite viewpoint as you.
edit on 20-6-2020 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: added

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: Freeborn

Sure, the big difference would have been that lots more would have been shot dead instead of three people being stabbed to death.

I understand that UK style gun laws would not work in the USA.....why can't you understand that US style gun laws would only make things worse here in the UK and we don't want them?

My condolences to all those affected.

I know someone who lives in Reading but we haven't been in touch with each other for quite a while now.
I'll try and get in touch with him and see if he knows anything.

No that's wrong, flat wrong. Criminals in the UK can get guns right now. Law abiding citizens wouldn't want to try getting one. This guy figured a knife would suffice.

If law abiding citizens had the right to own guns then people might have been able to defend themselves.

You are making it worse yourself by not understanding basic human rights.

Don't worry though. The families of the deceased will take solace from the fact that their loved ones were not killed by a gun.

Seriously though, big-time culture differences. America glorifies violence and unrest, particularly gang violence, which is what drives a large percentage of our gun crime. It's not the guns that are a the problem, it's the culture. If you took the guns away, they'd just keep killing. 1/3rd of our murders already take place without a gun. People here are more than willing to kill without one.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I wonder if there's any connection between this attack and the 2 sisters who were also stabbed to death just a couple of weeks ago in a country park in Wembley, both crime scenes are within 30 miles of each other.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

To Bad the Native Britons are not allowed by Law to Own Personal Firearms . It would Solve a lot of your Problems there today through Organized Deterrence of Rebellions .

you're telling Britain about crime? is that NJ in your locash..in America?

compare NJs' crime rate alone with England.

I live in South Jersey , one of the Lowest Crimes areas in the U.S. . Nice Try ...........)

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Of course criminals can get guns here in the UK.....but its not quite as easy as you'd imagine.

And the FACT remains that the vast majority, and I mean VAST majority, of criminals choose not to have guns for one reason or another.

There simply aren't anywhere near the number of guns in circulation here in the UK as there are in the US.....there is nowhere near a fraction of the number.
And then there is the added difficulty of getting ammunition.
I can assure you, it is rare as the proverbial rocking horse #, very hard to get hold of and very expensive.

After 13 years of debating this subject it still amazes me that any situation like this in the UK is met with the usual outcry from Second Amendment supporters from the USA.
I don't want to impinge upon your Right to Bear Arms and I understand why you both need and want it....but WE DO NOT NEED SOMETHING SIMILAR.

Comparing the two, again a cliche, really is like comparing apples and oranges .

In rural area's gun ownership is really quite common - with certain restrictions.
There is a need for guns in the countryside, both practical and recreational.

Hardly anyone living in an urban area either needs or wants a gun.

As is usual with these cases, we seem to get distracted with issues around gun ownership instead of getting to the heart of the matter; why are people going around seemingly indiscriminately killing people?
Why are so many people diasaffected, alienated and hateful?

Alas, it seems people are just intent on wanting to impose their own values, morals and opinions on others rather than accepting that some things are just different or that they don't want America's bizarre take on 'freedom' forced upon them.

We in the UK will do as we see fit, just as you in the US will do as you see fit......and that is as it should be.

edit on 21/6/20 by Freeborn because: spelling, typo's.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I'm nearly 50 and have never met a Brit that says they think guns should be legal, ever.

From A Brit 🇬🇧

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Sadly first impressions seem to suggest its yet another disaffected refugee striking out at the foster nation that has taken them in and offered them every opportunity to create a life here in the UK.

"Welcome to the UK. Here's your house. No job? No problem, have some benefits."

"Thanks. I'd better go out and stab some random strangers, hadn't I?"

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 05:24 AM
link   

you mean your particular area in the boonies?

Camden, AC? and others...in fact jersey has more crime and less people than the entire UK not just England. 😁

Let murika live by the gun, thus accepting it's inevitable fate.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Heard the stabber be a Libyan, wel let's face it the whole Libyan thing is one total mess, largely perpetrated by outside forces eager to gain control of Libya. There gonna be a lot of Libyans out for revenge against the foreign intervention over tyere that has killed a lot more than three people. Total messes lead to these revenge attacks.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
To Bad the Native Britons are not allowed by Law to Own Personal Firearms .

Oh, Lordie. You really have no clue do you?

Back in the real world. It's been confirmed that it was a Libyan national who carried out this affront. What his motivations were, or his immigration status is (obviously) unconfirmed. Given that a couple of thousand of migrants have managed to be "rescued" in the English Channel so far this year means his status is of public interest.

What will also be of interest is who is the guiding hand? Who were his mates?

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Given that a couple of thousand of migrants have managed to be "rescued" in the English Channel so far this year means his status is of public interest.

It appears that the suspect has been in The U.K. for some time. He was known to the police and has spent time in prison for petty crime.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 06:00 AM
link   

from OP

but news reports aresketchyat this time.

7 minutes after the OP you chime in with "guns solve everything" . Do you know the facts of what went down?

Nah just another lo info post

Guns guns guns

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Given that a couple of thousand of migrants have managed to be "rescued" in the English Channel so far this year means his status is of public interest.

Very much so , it's a disgrace how porous our Channel border has become and how weak successive governments response to it has been , paying lip service to border security leads to incidents like this and government should be held accountable along with the EU for allowing the situation in the first place.

It is understood Mr Saadallah came to Britain several years ago as a refugee following the civil war in Libya.
www.telegraph.co.uk...

edit on 21-6-2020 by gortex because: edit to add

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Thnaks for clarifying. Another refugee/migrant who has discovered that the streets are not paved with gold, and has decided to turn on the people who took him in.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Update:

Single first responding police officer took down the murderer with a Rugby tackle.

twitter.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   

'Refugee's welcome here'

'Refugee's welcome here'

Just saying...

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

you mean your particular area in the boonies?

Camden, AC? and others...in fact jersey has more crime and less people than the entire UK not just England. 😁

Let murika live by the gun, thus accepting it's inevitable fate.

Sorry , just gonna have to CALL YOU OUT on that Claim . You are Misinformed .

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join