It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Statue of Albert Pike Torn Down

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 06:39 AM
link   
It’s much easer to destroy than it is to build. I haven’t see evidence of BLM building anything constructive.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Americans could burn all the books out there about their history...and the rest of the world will still have copies.

Erasing history is no longer possible, only changing it. Information age and all that.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Churchhousecreeper
As said above, this feels very ISIS like. History is history, whether you like it or not.. we need to learn from it to become better humans.

It is, remember a few years back when ISIS was destroying all the Buda monuments, and other ancient sites. Here's a couple links.

www.cbc.ca...

preemptivelove.org...

ISIS’s destruction of ancient cities and markers isn’t about the dead past. It’s about us. Today. ISIS destruction screams, If you don’t think like us, if you don’t worship like us, then you don’t belong here. In fact, you don’t deserve to live.

Doesn't that sound familiar?

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Chance321

Iconoclasty has a long history...

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: Spider879

lol, found that info at www.ihatepike.com I suppose.

I guess forrest Gump's mama was right.

And on a site like this you'd think the members would go in on his supposedly illuminate grand wizard master connects if anything.
And yes life is just a box of chocolates.
edit on 20-6-2020 by Spider879 because: Fix stuff.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust When the statues are gone and the protestors are still not satisfied, (which they won't be), what's their next target?

originally posted by: Chance321

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: pteridine
Maybe we are moving to a war fought by tearing down statues. In the end, since every person in history has done something to offend someone, all statues of real people must be destroyed.

When the statues are gone and the protestors are still not satisfied, (which they won't be), what's their next target?

I'm figuring maybe a year +/- before they start targeting Museums and Library's. Can't have our history displayed there either.

I can totally believe that prediction.

At the beginning of this whole statue tearing down trend the excuse was, "These statues belong in a museum, they need to be moved or we will tear them down." I knew that was BS when I first heard that line, few or no statues were getting moved into museums.

I knew it was the start of the slippery slope and it was far from ending with one or two statues. They pretty much took care of books, plays, movies, and let's not forget flags, can't fly the stars and bars and some people are getting targeted for flying the stars and stripes now.

I understand being against wearing black face, dumping the Aunt Jemima trademark, not showing Lil Black Sambo cartoons or movies like "Songs of the South", or even specific episodes of cartoons like Bugs Bunny, I even understand that some statues and symbols must go, but this crap will never end until there is no history left, it may not even end there.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

So they’re book burners.

*shrugs*

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 07:44 AM
link   
So since Jefferson also had slaves how long till they move to finish shredding the constitution cause I cant imagine them not reaching the conclusion that a white oppressor wrote it so it must oppress the people still.

Its a war for our soul, destruction of these things is not healthy for the nation use them as tools to teach the bad and the good of our nation pretending they dont exist does nothing but continue the spiral of ignorance.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Bent8484

or she can make her own effigy and worship or look up to it at home.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Shame he was an interesting character. Especially his days leading the Indian cavalries which he trained.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I know! I really keep hoping to see them get knocked out when statues fall on them. Does anyone know of any instances where this has happened on video? I would gleefully clap and do a dance!

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

By the end of the Statuary Wars, all of us will be in the re-education camps that they promised us learning how to double-think. We will then be permitted to empty libraries of all printed books and newspapers so that everything will be electronic and subject to continuous editing by our masters. Ink is far too permanent.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

Statues and words printed on paper are skeery and must be destroyed or else we might learn something other than what they mandate we learn.
edit on 20-6-2020 by DBCowboy because: I am Batman

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

missed that in my studies did a quick google on it, that's really interesting know of any books that do a good job covering that?

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Why is there crickets of renaming/tearing down Strom Thurmond freeway in South Carolina? Or his statue in edgefield SC?
edit on 20-6-2020 by 38181 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Just saw on another page it was a statue honoring his life long work on behalf of native Americans after the war which makes it even worse in my opinion.

Our nation legitimately tried to exterminate them all at one point.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Statues and words printed on paper are skeery and must be destroyed or else we might learn something other than what they mandate we learn.

It is obvious that you are far too dangerous to roam free. Expect a visit from the Thought Police for questioning the Statuary Statute and Printed Paper Prohibitions.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

It is obvious that you are far too dangerous to roam free. Expect a visit from the Thought Police for questioning the Statuary Statute and Printed Paper Prohibitions.

Then find a place in a museum, rather than a place of honor, these were foreign generals and statesmen members of a foreign state at war with Americans who shed blood in the thousands on battle fields for 4yrs, do we have Saddam's likeness in a place of honor anywhere in the United States of America??
edit on 20-6-2020 by Spider879 because: Add content.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Maybe we are moving to a war fought by tearing down statues. In the end, since every person in history has done something to offend someone, all statues of real people must be destroyed.

Statues are a gateway drug to murder.

Read up on chairman Mao and his red shirts.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join