It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Statue of Albert Pike Torn Down

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: lostbook

They are doing the only thing they know how to do....

Destroy others (even if public) property because they have no idea what it means to actually own property.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: dantanna

this i am 100% happy about.

Of course you would be happy about erasing the history of the Democratic party...

Irony of ironies (hypocrite democrats) created the KKK and got rich on the backs of slaves.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: pteridine
Maybe we are moving to a war fought by tearing down statues. In the end, since every person in history has done something to offend someone, all statues of real people must be destroyed.

When the statues are gone and the protestors are still not satisfied, (which they won't be), what's their next target?

Yard Gnomes.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

It's a crime to destroy public property. Does law enforcement not care? Or have they all been defunded/fired?

The police watched from the police headquarters across the street. Later they came over and put fire(s) out after some of the protesters set the statue on fire.

I wonder if pointing out how police ignore lawbreakers in one situation, can be used as a defense by regular people who get tickets or citations for violating laws, like not coming to a complete stop at the stop-sign, or not having a building permit, etc..??

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: KonquestAbySS
Next up the statue of Liberty. The island will be surrounded with tugboats, and tugged into the water.

It would be a beautiful sight if a tugboat full of protesters pulled the Statue of Liberty over, and she fell on them!

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 11:51 PM
link   
If we are going to erase history from existence wouldn't it better to vote on removal #1 and #2 maybe instead of destroying it see if it's saleable. Right now all this # seems so ISIS-like. All it does is create resentment in a lot of people that would likely be more receptive to removal by civilized and legal means.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: dantanna

this i am 100% happy about.

Of course you would be happy about erasing the history of the Democratic party...

History is in books and the collective memory of those who take the time to learn it

A statue is just a glorified reminder that someone existed. Doesn't explain a thing

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 12:02 AM
link   
POLICE STATION SIGN

Destroying Property? You're good to go!

Going to the Park? You'll be fined!

Mother fined $1,000 for taking kids to the park: losangeles.cbslocal.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Well if the protesters were on the tugboats they would be safe. It would be a danger for those on the grounds between the statue and the water. I guess all statues will be kaput. Sooner than later.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

originally posted by: Bluntone22

They are doing the only thing they know how to do....

Destroy others (even if public) property because they have no idea what it means to actually own property.

What are the chances they had no idea who the guy in the statue was?
My guess is high.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 01:56 AM
link   
NO statues should be torn down, no matter what their history is, it is still history.
The police just let this happen ?

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Well the police wouldn’t let anything happen. However when you are out numbered what else can you do about it. If you do you are deemed a bad guy. Regardless of those rotten apples who spoiled the whole damn orchard. Damned if you do damned if you don’t. Honestly would you blame law enforcement if they just stood back and just watched TSHTF?

edit on 20-6-2020 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 03:39 AM
link   
As said above, this feels very ISIS like. History is history, whether you like it or not.. we need to learn from it to become better humans.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Right now all this # seems so ISIS-like.

Funny you should mention that.
"Black Lives Matter: Hamas Pawn"

From 2016, remember who's administration BLM was founded under and all this makes sense.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 05:36 AM
link   
My guess is the mayor told the police to stand down. Basically tieing their hands. Using the police to pander for votes.
edit on 20-6-2020 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

Right. So tear every last one down. MLK is next.
edit on 20-6-2020 by network dude because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Pike was an alien from Galgamec. He invented the nuclear bomb and built the first slave ship. He built the Washington monument out of crushed bones of those he ate.

Now, if you doubt any of that, look it up. It’s as real as his KKK affiliation. This is why erasing history is bad. Dumb people will believe any lie that sounds good.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Good on them , waitamin.. I wanna tear up!...But I can't find an onion

Bye bye you racist POS traitor and KKK founder if there is a Hell I hope you are living in it.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine
Maybe we are moving to a war fought by tearing down statues. In the end, since every person in history has done something to offend someone, all statues of real people must be destroyed.

When the statues are gone and the protestors are still not satisfied, (which they won't be), what's their next target?

I'm figuring maybe a year +/- before they start targeting Museums and Library's. Can't have our history displayed there either.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

lol, found that info at www.ihatepike.com I suppose.

I guess forrest Gump's mama was right.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join