It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two very interesting UFO videos

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I came across a couple UFO videos that I found interesting, so I figured I’d post them here for you guys to see.

The first one comes from Salida Colorado on August 27, 1995.
It was filmed on a camcorder and is one of the better UFO videos I have seen.
You can tell by the witnesses voices that they are legitimately watching something they don’t understand.
That doesn’t necessarily mean it’s ET tech, but this is a time before civilian drones and desktop computers having readily available CGI software.
It’s unfortunate that the witness died a few years back.
Id love to see the rest of the footage.

This next video comes from Tijuana, Mexico in 2017.
The objects in the video are eerily similar in shape and appearance as the first video.

If anyone has seen these before, please post any info you may have on them.

Ask and he shall receive!
I just found this about the first video

edit on 19-6-2020 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-6-2020 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:03 PM
link   
S&F interesting and compelling clips.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz5

I just finished watching the final video.
Mr Knapp is the host of that clip.
He found that While investigating the first video, 75 years earlier in the same damn town,
An object matching the same description was reported in the newspaper.
With a priest reporting it and watching it from a telescope.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:29 PM
link   
The Salida video is a sunlight reflection off a strand of spider silk. That's why it changes in length and shifts laterally when the strand is blown a little by the wind.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Possibly.
The 3rd video has an analysis done and it’s claimed to be at 75,000 feet.
And the size of two sears towers.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

Possibly.
The 3rd video has an analysis done and it’s claimed to be at 75,000 feet.
And the size of two sears towers.

Heh. Jim Dilletoso. Well, it was the best a person could do at the time, I guess.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Lol best... or he at least had the equipment to do so lol

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 09:33 PM
link   
For what it's worth, I watched a similar white cylinder for 10 min in AZ back in '97. I had some time to view it from fairly wide area. It was close to the ground, stationary in brisk wind, at a 40 degree angle, and seemed, at the least, larger than a commercial jet.

What I saw wasn't a spider web. As to that id for the Salida video, do spiderwebs stay in the same place for an hour, if not anchored to something? I seem to remember it was up there for awhile.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

There toward the end of the Salida clip it makes some very unconvincing movements. If it was truly a UFO, then it sure wasn't very stable. If it was a UFO piloted by an alien, then they need a new pilot! Tell hom to lay off the Kanar!

That was a long video of blue with s white line moving around. They're were a few birds and the edge of a roof, but mostly no context.

As Blue Shift pointed out it seems far more likely to be something like spider silk than a UFO.

The Mexican video is likely a reflection from inside the airplane. It looked awful similar to an effect I can pull off with my glasses. That would explain the double dash lines.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

I grew up in Salida, was a teen around the time Tim Edwards recorded that video. I really wanted to go see the Sightings team when they came to interview them, but I missed it. He ended up opening up a restaurant that he called E.T.'s Landing. The food was alright, but the atmosphere was amusing. If I heard correctly, he became a little obsessive and a few years later even claimed he saw an alien steal his neighbors car. XD

originally posted by: Blue Shift
The Salida video is a sunlight reflection off a strand of spider silk. That's why it changes in length and shifts laterally when the strand is blown a little by the wind.

I won't lie, but now that you said that it's all I can see. It's interesting/sad to think that what you said could easily be what he recorded. He went all in with it.

edit on 19-6-2020 by Necrobile because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile

Was it not sighted in other states and countries, pretty fast moving spider silk?

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
As to that id for the Salida video, do spiderwebs stay in the same place for an hour, if not anchored to something? I seem to remember it was up there for awhile.

It's not that high up, it's only just a little higher than the two roofs it's apparently strung between. It could stay there until a strong enough breeze blew it away. A clue to that is the way it apparently zooms back and forth so quickly. It would likely be going supersonic if it was big and at high altitude. There's also a point late in the video where you can see the thing and the sun at the same time, and the thing moves exactly opposite the jiggling sun exactly the way a reflection would. Becomes obvious when you see it.

Several years ago I recorded a similar thing in my own back yard, even made a YouTube video of it. (Wonder what happened to that?) I did some comparison stills that showed exactly the same kind of thing including the shimmering irregularities you see, which is because a strand of web doesn't come out of a spider perfectly uniform and smooth. The reflection has brighter and darker points that end up looking like lights. In a higher-resolution video, you might even see it slightly bend when the strand is bent by the wind.

I could probably make a better, higher-resolution one these days with fresh video I could literally shoot tomorrow in my back yard. Spider strands - not complete webs - are strung all over some days.
edit on 20-6-2020 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Double

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 12:31 AM
link   
The objects in these videos look nothing like a spider silk mis-identification. I'm just sure Jim D is going to analyze a video like this and not spot something so simple. Also, Trigonometry works the same today as it did when he analyzed the videos.

Could spider silk strands be mistaken for some airborne traveling object? Sure it could, but this doesn't look like one, not to mention the witnesses themselves.

That is something that I would expect Philip Klass to come up with, or Knucklehead Joe Nickell to say without talking to any witnesses, or having seen such a thing before themselves.

People who didn't see anything telling the world what everyone else sees themselves isn't what they saw. That's some entertainment there.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
People who didn't see anything telling the world what everyone else sees themselves isn't what they saw. That's some entertainment there.

I'm just looking at the hard evidence. I don't really care about the stories unless they somehow explain what's happening in the actual video, which to my knowledge they don't. Why are you so emotionally invested in this video being of a UFO rather than a simple misidentification?

Please understand that this is a stand of spider web making a bright reflection from the sun, which is why it looks and moves the way it does. It looks cool because it's out of focus and you can't see the rest of the strand because it's too fine. It's the reason why when it's moving left the lights move right as the reflection goes along the strand and why it does the opposite when the reflection moves the opposite way, because it's the reflection that's moving and not the strand other than when it's blown by the wind. Blows back, the reflection goes up a little, wind calms down and the reflection sinks. Ask yourself why it only moves either up and down or right and left along a slight arc.

Again, I understand it's hard when something you thought was the real deal gets debunked, but do you really want to hang your hat on this video from a assumedly sincere guy who unfortunately was just plain wrong about what he saw?

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 02:53 AM
link   

I never said I think it is a "ufo". I said simply that it looks nothing whatsoever like some kind of silk strand being misidentified by people.

If you can read my post and then reply insisting I called it a ufo when I didn't say anything at all except it doesn't look anything like silk, then I'm not surprised anymore you might also disregard everything else about this case and say it's spider silk. If you are getting everything you read and see so erroneous, then it's understandable why spider silk might be an explanation for you.

Not trying to be harsh.

Sorry Blue

edit on 20-6-2020 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

I never said I think it is a "ufo". I said simply that it looks nothing whatsoever like some kind of silk strand being misidentified by people.

Before I watched the 3rd video with the "analysis" I came to the conclusion it was spider silk. I was going to post that view but thought I had better watch the 3rd video first. There was nothing in it that made me want to change my mind and then found Blue Shift had already posted.

I don't think it could have been misidentified by the person who took the footage - it would have been easy to move to another position that removed the effect that was filmed.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: myss427

Thats correct, as mentioned in the 3rd video, 2 or 3 other states witnessed it at the same time

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 05:48 AM
link   

If you do make such a video, let me know and provide me a copy.
I will hand it out to my investigators for reference when they get similar cases.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: myss427
a reply to: Necrobile

Was it not sighted in other states and countries, pretty fast moving spider silk?

When it comes to the UFO that Tim Edwards caught, I'm honestly not sure. I don't ever recall hearing that particular one being sighted anywhere else.

I've seen quite a few UFO's living in Colorado, and 2 of them were in Salida. None of the ones I've seen changed shape like the one Edwards recorded. I always remember that no matter how many times I saw that clip it bothered me how it would change shape like that. Now that I read the spider-silk theory, that makes a whole lot more sense.

Still could be legit, though. My friend saw a cigar-shaped UFO on his way to work once in broad daylight.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join