It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Save ATS - here's the plan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 12:19 AM
link   
We want to look sexy for a potential "torchbearer", the only way we can do that is attracting a lot of traffic.
So since the weekend is approaching massage your buttex, stretch your fingers and sound the charge!
You got some social media account, right? If not create one, you can make a puppet on facebook, or twitter, look at the trends and jump on it, with almost or kind of matching links to some of your favourite threads and make it sexy!
Not in a slimy boot licking way, be controversial .

The media says conspiracy theories are on the rise, that's us! So show'em who's boss and link, link, link!

Put some lipstick on (metaphorical) and head out there guys! Bring'em in!

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Or just write begging letters to rich people ones that might have pictures stored on the servers here and might want to forget

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

But they'd want the ship to sink, wouldn't they?
We're better than that.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I'll donate 400 quatloos!

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Text[/u
[pic]tk5bd09f2c.jpg[/pic

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

That will certainly please the Providers.

Personally I'd prefer you to link something on social media.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

that's a thing? OMG I've been calling him Data Zuckerberg too!

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Word is he will pay to make it vanish

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Peeple, did the Owner(s) of ATS say they definitely want to SELL the site?

Or, did they say they would keep the site as is, if enough money was flowing in?

Makes a big difference in what the plan of action should be.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Pretty proud of this one

are mites having sex on your face?

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

As I understood it, they'd have to find someone to invest either way if not they'll let it fade away.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

I'll head over to twitter later and write an ad

Done

edit on 19-6-2020 by Peeple because: add

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Quoted from SO's thread:

There are only two options:
1) Find a suitable buyer with the resources to invest in growth.
2) Slowly fade away until revenue can't support hosting.

We don't say this lightly — especially me, who has devoted 12+ years to this endeavor.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 01:27 AM
link   

What I took away from it was that if the revenue happens to start coming back in via the old way(not likely) or a buyer comes along. Issue that was pointed out is that they will not just sell to anyone.
I think they are ready to be done honestly. This website has changed so much over the past couple of years that it has become toxic.
It's time has come.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

It's all members content and there are some pretty great people... on both sides... lol
I'm not toxic. Are you?
Free speech means you have to endure what other people say. Democracy means other opinions have the same value as yours. Humanism means everybody is free to be as they are.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 01:49 AM
link   
What would happen exactly if the site were sold?

That's very grey area for me. I'm thinking it wouldn't be ATS anymore? ATS under new management?

What good is former traffic when the url doesn't to the forum or a similar one?
edit on 19-6-2020 by FlyingSquirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 01:55 AM
link   
What would be great if we could agree on a key word to use, you know to make it a trend?
Come on guys I need you, what's the defining attribute?

Well later, because I got stuff to do now, but...
Conspiracies? Free speech?

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 02:01 AM
link   

I don't believe I am toxic. I have said things things that I thought to be true and then get corrected. I then do my due diligence and if I was wrong I always admit it.
But I never say stupid crap......well maybe a few times but toxic crap.
I fully believe in freedom of speech no matter what ones beliefs are. And I know you do to. I do read your thought on matters on the forums. And I am sure you have read some of mine.

But I really do believe as much as they would love to keep this going, all good things must come to an end.
It was a fun ride though ma

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Honestly, what's there to save. I have been lurking since 2006 ish and I have seen this site go to hell since 2008. Threads have an uncanny way of disappearing and The mods routinely sensor post unwarrantedly.

ATS was the stop I loved to make for all things supernatural but has become a pit of poo-flinging without an end in sight. Originally you could log in and get your spill of demonology, aliens, predictions, mythology, and stories of supernatural. The change began in 2008 and the ship has been sinking ever since.

Frankly, I don't care who the president is he wields very little power in the big picture. Look to Congress for their corruption.

In 2008 through 2016 every other thread was about evil Obama, in 2016 - 2024 its about evil orange man. I thought the site was about denying ignorance a seeing the fact our country has been hijacked by a dysfunctional congress and senate who are beholden to their lobbies and special interest.

Theres other sites to find to replace it with and with no more thought that goes into creating threads these days all of you would be happier on twitter.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I'm sure I read in SO's post:

"We've tried and thought of everything, we don't have the time or resources"......

To stop the influx of these threads.

What will happen if ATS dies? Nothing. We'll see each other on a new site.

No dramas.

Anyway, ATS dies years ago.... Once the Americans made it uber political. And CLOSED MINDED

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join