It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumor is that the NYPD is going on Strike on the 4th of July

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I guess the New York Police are going to show New York City and all these protesters what it really means to not have Police on one of the busiest (if not THE busiest) crowd gathering day of the year.

I wonder what other Police forces will do the same?

I will be home. Watching the news.

Good Luck to Everyone. About 2 weeks and counting.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc

I would be curious of how many other cities will stand in solidarity and go on strike too.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Mayor DeBlasio will appreciate saving the city money, with fewer salaries to pay. Every interview DeBlasio gives is filled with him whining about his Covid-19 shutdown is causing NYC to go broke.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck
Atlanta is bribing police to not go on full strike, by paying each one who keeps working, $500.

www.newsweek.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Good for them. Must be hard on them, now that they have been neutered.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I bet they're secretly striking against Trump. Trump's made public instructions to the police, imagine what he's said in private.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man
I bet they're secretly striking against Trump. Trump's made public instructions to the police, imagine what he's said in private.

They had better explain this before the burglaries, robberies, rapes and murders ramp-up, starting July 4th.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

They had better explain this before the burglaries, robberies, rapes and murders ramp-up, starting July 4th.

Do you have first hand experience with any of these with the police?

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Any source for this?

This is the first I'm hearing of it.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Was is just a presumption on your part, that the NYC Officers are "secretly striking against Trump"?

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed

Any source for this?

This is the first I'm hearing of it.

Refer to this Newsweek article at: www.abovetopsecret.com... . It references the NYC strike, and the Atlanta police bonuses.
edit on 6/18/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I found this from Fox.

www.foxnews.com...

And this from NY Post

nypost.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Mayor DeBlasio will appreciate saving the city money, with fewer salaries to pay.

Thing is, I doubt any city that "defunds the police" will be
cutting taxes. They will keep the money and redistribute
it to their crony pet projects.

We can honestly say once government has the money
they never give it back. Same goes for Minnesota.
Seattle. Etc. None of these places are going to cut
budgets. In fact, watch for tax increases as a result.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 12:00 AM
link   

a reply to: PhilbertDezineck
Atlanta is bribing police to not go on full strike, by paying each one who keeps working, $500.

www.newsweek.com...

They have been giving store clerks hazzard pay and also some that work in hospitals. Cops were exposed to COVID too, and they often are trying to aprehend people that try to run or raise a ruckus. They should have been getting hazzard pay too. Also, I doubt if the five hundred dollar bonus is enough for all the stress they have to put up with in the protests, no amount of money would be enough for me to have to put up with some of the irrate protestors out there, I would have said screw it two weeks ago.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Was is just a presumption on your part, that the NYC Officers are "secretly striking against Trump"?

I was wearing my tin foil hat making that post. It would make things rather interesting, don't you think? Police protesting Trump?

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 12:12 AM
link   

I was wearing my tin foil hat making that post. It would make things rather interesting, don't you think? Police protesting Trump?

And why would they protest Trump?
It’s the loony Dems that are neutering them and want to defund them.
Standing out in the sun with that tinfoil hat is cooking your brain.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 12:14 AM
link   

What logical, rational reason would they give for doing this?

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
Chicago police were condemned by the court system more than 12 months ago, after a series of incidents where police maimed, or murdered city residents, without showing just cause.

But because there were no riots, or a Presidential election on the horizon, the Mainstream Media didn't care. (No surprise there!)

Anyway, Chicago has missed 70% of the deadlines for police reform, mandated by the court/judge.

www.chicagotribune.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 12:32 AM
link   

What logical, rational reason would they give for doing this?

I'm wildly speculating that Trump's private instructions to the Police are much more violent and insane than what he's said publicly. Army too.

I think the Police and Army would stand their ground to Trump, if Trump ordered them to shoot at civilians.

Who knows, as I write this I could see Trump's dictatorship fantasy happening.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Right so. There cannot be time more pressing for the union to raise its voice, and shout it out loud, that every person in blue, is in selfless service of their community. The attacks against these men and women are apalling injustices.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join