It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the Police Walkout a Hoax?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Jaellma

Atlanta PD’s hiring process is always open. All those super amazing people out of work can apply any time they want.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Jaellma

For me it's more about the accountability, public unions have little to none when it comes to their 'bosses', us.

Think about what would happened if you walked off your job. You wouldn't have one.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Ah, yes, the joys of a public union with no direct accountability or oversight to its stakeholders-the taxpayer-walking off the job. Too bad the people who foot the bill cannot selectively fire every single s***bag who decides they don't need their job that badly.

hard to be angry when the end result is exactly what's being called for.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   
For all the law-and-order folks ... it's illegal for police to strike in Atlanta.

I don't agree with that per se ... but you know, law and order.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
hard to be angry when the end result is exactly what's being called for.

I think the reform part, in my opinion, should revolve around revamping the union which I think they should do to every single public union.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

To be fair, the union says this isn’t their idea, they’re just not going to stop it either. Given how quick unions generally are to take credit for practically anything, i feel like that may be more or less accurate.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc

Was the Police Walkout a Hoax?

For what it's worth:

After the district attorney‘s announcement Tuesday, reports came in from across the city that officers were not showing up at work. Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms spoke exclusively with Gray about those reports, saying it’s a limited problem. She says only around a dozen officers called out and other officers have stepped up to fill in, so it’s not affecting public safety.

“What would you say to an officer who thinks the correct response right now is to stay home or to sit in their car and not answer a call?” Gray asked Bottoms.

“Think about the oath you took when you became an officer. This is as much about that oath as it is making sure that your brothers and sisters who are out there patrolling our streets are covered,” Bottoms said.

Mayor says sick calls aren’t affecting safety as APD foundation hands out bonuses

Calling in is one thing, purposefully not responding to calls is unacceptable and seems dereliction of duty.

But whatever LE are not showing up doesn't seem to be much of a problem. Maybe there are, in fact, too many LE, as I've suspected for years.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   
While we're sharing anecdotal information, it seems that here have been some call outs for a second night, however, being in and around the city, there's no noticable absence of police presence.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
To be fair, the union says this isn’t their idea, they’re just not going to stop it either. Given how quick unions generally are to take credit for practically anything, i feel like that may be more or less accurate.

It's still a dick move and without any repercussions. That's my issue.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:30 AM
link   

It is. I’m not a fan of going 10-8 and then refusing to answer calls. It’s a chicken # half measure. Either nut up and don’t come in at all or nut up and get to work. All that does is screw over the ones you claim to call “brother” who wind up chasing calls all over the city.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

That's a good point too, you're dumping your workload on the responsible cops who now get a bad name because you're being an ass.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   

See, this is why we need unions. They would’ve organized this much better!

(Pro-tip: AM knows full well I despise the vast majority of what police unions do so don’t get all pissy)

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I'm gonna miss your good cop routine if this site eventually goes to the big 404 in the sky.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join