It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China behind major cyber attack on Australian governments and businesses

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Dear ATS Readers, Writers,

I hope this is the correct forum for this, considering China's aggressive stance on many "hot spots".

I am thinking of course, the South China Sea, India/China border, activity around Taiwan recently, and very aggressive economic policies that have been pretty bad for Australia. There are other areas, and reasons, but I think one may understand where I am coming from.

China behind major cyber attack on Australian governments and businesses

Federal Government agencies believe that China is the nation behind ongoing cyber attacks on Australian institutions, including hospitals and state-owned utilities, in recent months.

Key points:

China is believed to be behind the wide-ranging attacks on Australian governments and businesses
The Prime Minister says there have not been large-scale personal data breaches
The Government will not say publicly which state is behind the cyber attack
Prime Minister Scott Morrison said Australian organisations, including governments and businesses, were currently being targeted by a sophisticated foreign "state-based" hacker.

While Mr Morrison said the Government would not take the formal step of publicly naming which state, senior sources confirmed China is believed to be behind the malicious attacks.

The Prime Minister emphasised the attacks "hadn't just started", were ongoing and constant threats to Australia, and said the accumulation of attacks required a firm warning to the government and private sectors to harden their shields.

Some of the attacks have been on state government departments and agencies and local governments, all of which hold sensitive economic and personal data.

"This activity is targeting Australian organisations across a range of sectors, including all levels of government, industry, political organisations, education, health, essential service providers and operators of other critical infrastructure," Mr Morrison said.

Sadly things seem to be coming to a head with China one of these days...sooner than later by whats been going on in many "hot spots".

I have mentioned before that China reminds me of 1930's Japan on steroids... I hope that impression is/was only a nervous illusion.

Historically, after every huge economic "blow" to the world.. there usually has been a terrible war that follows it.

This fact of history is what gives me great concern. It has a terrible record of repeating itself.

I pray my concerns are over inflated.

Pravdaseeker

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: pravdaseeker

At this juncture, anything and everything is possible. Let’s hope your wrong

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Aallanon

I will give that reply an amen brother! ha! exactly!

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 11:46 PM
link   
New Zealand and India are both getting doxxed as we speak ?? strange days

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Sounds like Chinese college students honing their Cyber-scare skills. HUGE attacks, but nothing major accessed/stolen.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 11:57 PM
link   
IMO China is the big bully in Asia. They build dams (7 on the Mekong already) and threaten to shut off the water down stream to just about 1.6 billion people if you do not kowtow to their demands. Australia is or has been way to dependent on trade with China just like much of the rest of the world. Get dependent on China and their rules follow. With their communist doctrine and the belief that if you are not "Han Chinese then you don't really count" explains much of their current posture on the world stage.

If you stand back and look they have played this game very well for no one wants to go militarily toe to toe with them. I just hope the international companies who have been doing manufacturing business there get to heck out of China...
edit on 727thk20 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

IMO China is the big bully in Asia.

Not wrong there, and personally, I've had a gut full of the pricks. Simple as that. At any other time this would be seen as an attack.

For Example. HAVE A LOOK AT THE CURRENT TELSTRA OUTAGE MAP. I've been on the mobile to Telstra as I have no landline and no internet. They are describing it as an unplanned outage.....FFS.

Does this not make anyone think............it's a test......what level of communications disruption can they achieve.......

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell
a reply to: 727Sky

IMO China is the big bully in Asia.

Not wrong there, and personally, I've had a gut full of the pricks. Simple as that. At any other time this would be seen as an attack.

For Example. HAVE A LOOK AT THE CURRENT TELSTRA OUTAGE MAP. I've been on the mobile to Telstra as I have no landline and no internet. They are describing it as an unplanned outage.....FFS.

Does this not make anyone think............it's a test......what level of communications disruption can they achieve.......

The same thing happened to sprint yesterday here in the states on the east coast. Any person whom is defending China at this point is a complete moron.
edit on fFridayAmerica/Chicago5905699 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   
This subject is merely a symptom of the beginning of the control and censorship of the internet.

Over the last few days my smart phone has lagged and cut out so much I've been working on my latest creation I call GERRWEES (Group Electronic Rack-mounted Recording WiFi Enabled Entertainment System).

It is a system I threw together from a bunch of old computer crap I acquired along with some audio and musical equipment. It is my wireless LAN for all my other equipment (phones, tablets, and computers) and is dedicated to music production.

It's not AI by any means, but Gerrwee will be great for parties and will help my networking skills. We may need to start a wide ranging mesh-net wireless network to replace the internet with, so I'm working on this project to learn about WiFi LAN networks.

Plus I'm working on two way communications as well, been doing that for years now.
edit on 19-6-2020 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Typo

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   
It seems every government and company in the world is terrified of China except for the U.S. government under Trump.

Australia’s getting screwed by Chinese state hackers. The Aussies know it, and the Chinese know the Aussies know it, but the arrogant little bastards don’t care. They just keep on doing it, no doubt blandly denying responsibility in response to discreet Australian inquiries. It’s maddening.

Only Trump has the balls to fight back, and the Dems criticize and impede him at every turn. If the First World nations would threaten to cutoff China from their markets — and mean it — China would have to mend its ways.

The combined USA and EU consumer markets comprise about 50 percent of the world total. Add in the UK, Japan, South Korea, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Singapore, and you have almost two-thirds of the global consumer market. China must sell its stuff. If it can’t sell it to the First World there’s no other option.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   
China will attack India and capture part of it. US hesitates to help India due to financial problems, but eventually it will and also Russia. These are predictions from Indian Guru since long ago. Joni Patry predicted some time ago India to get attacked etc. If you wish to see more details etc.

proutscandinavia.blogspot.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Suanna
China will attack India and capture part of it. US hesitates to help India due to financial problems, but eventually it will and also Russia. These are predictions from Indian Guru since long ago. Joni Patry predicted some time ago India to get attacked etc. If you wish to see more details etc.

proutscandinavia.blogspot.com...
The United States and India should be close allies. We’re the two largest democracies and there are a lot of Indian Americans. Both nations share a common enemy in China. And Pakistan is an awful ally. I don’t want to give them a dime’s worth of aid.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 10:55 PM
link   
This is no surprise, I've lost hope in their leaders, the Aussie people themselves are tough and strong, they just have coward leaders.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Thanks for the update carewemust; at the time of posting the news, they did not know yet if any really bad damage was done.

I now just hope the news was for sure, the truth...

Governments say things sometimes, that aren't quite exactly accurate..... I am hoping OZ's leaders don't play that game... but you never know either.... it is a trust thing.

It is all secret squirrel stuff.... and very dirty way to play pool.

It is like an accumulation of many things with China, that continue to take things to the next level higher towards conflict, or at least screwed up diplomatic/trade matters. One of those added straws will someday break the camels back I think.., or worry about.

Still crossing fingers for an avoidance to a terrible conflict.

Pravdaseeker

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Hey there Arnie123, thanks for your thoughts...

As to the brevity of Australian leaders I can't speak to/ or attest to... Each man or woman who fills that position (Prime Minister); have varying degrees of "braveness".

What really is difficult to do as far as Australia is concerned is let a "alligator mouth overload their hummingbird arse".

Australia has an extremely small army/navy/etc... and are no where even close to being able to go to war with any decent sized army anywhere. Oz has to depend on the USA mainly for protection or "back up" should thing go all world war like.

You could have the bravest leader on Earth, but can't back it up with an army of any decent size or strength.

Whilst saying that.... Oz troops do have a high level of respect. They are good, well trained, just tiny in number.

Pravdaseeker

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 12:15 AM
link   

The US would never let Australia fight alone.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 02:24 AM
link   

So there's no proof then China is behind these attacks, from your source.

Prime Minister Scott Morrison said Australian organisations, including governments and businesses, were currently being targeted by a sophisticated foreign "state-based" hacker.
While Mr Morrison said the Government would not take the formal step of publicly naming which state, senior sources confirmed China is believed to be behind the malicious attacks.

Senior sources say, yep that old chestnut.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

The US would never let Australia fight alone.

We're an important strategic asset, I have no doubt the U.S would step up.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

G'day mate. They didn't step up when Darwin Harbor was leased to China for 99 years for a measly 770 mill. I reckon, some pollies, who have since been MIA, are living it up.

This happened after a contingent of US Marines permanently located at Robertson Barracks between Darwin and Palmerston. Was nearby when Obama landed to address them. His presidential flying palace went directly overhead where I was working. He wasn't happy about the deal. Yeah, but China has the harbor.

I never came to grips with this deal. While open, Darwin Harbor is a pearl of a place. And strategically placed.

Japanese didn't get it but the Chinese have.

Cheers mate. See ya soon.

Bally

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 03:01 AM
link   
now call me a conspiracy girl for this,
but does anyone else think it's just a little bit fishy that this just follows in the footsteps of the exact same fearmongering and sinophobia the MSM has been pushing for a while now?
Think about who stands to gain by ramping up hostilities with China [hmmm, the Morrison government, their billionaire cronies who own the press, hmmmm] and look at the fact that there aren't actually any sources for this and the picture starts to get a bit clearer.

buuuut that's not gonna happen on ats circa 2020, is it? we only hate the MSM when it's saying things we don't like

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join