It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2020 looking like the hottest year (on record)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   
cbs link

The average heat across Russia from January to May is so remarkable that it matches what's projected to be normal by the year 2100 if current trends in heat-trapping carbon emissions continue. In the image below, the data point for 2020 is almost off the charts and matches what climate models expect to be typical many decades from now.
The dramatic warming in the past few years is rapidly reshaping the Arctic. Over the past four decades, sea ice volume has decreased by 50%. Warming and drying of the landscape is leading to unprecedented Arctic fires, with the summer of 2019 being the worst fire season on record. Right now, what are being called zombie fires — fires that were never quite extinguished over the winter — are flaring back up.
One added consideration is the recent decline in pollution due to the global pandemic lockdowns. Burning fossil fuels releases particulate matter like aerosols, which typically reflect sunlight back to space, keeping Earth a bit cooler than it would otherwise be. However, the dramatic short-term decrease in air pollutants may allow more sunlight in, warming the climate even more.

It does look like we are already past the tipping point.

I wonder what the storm seasons will bring us with all the extra energy being generated by this heat.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Hmmm. I couldn't plant the cukes till Monday because of the frost warnings. It was nice and clear though, they tore the roof off of my granddaughters house and it was only sixty five degrees max Sat and Sunday here. It got up to eighty here today, a heat wave. Tomorrow it is going to cool off with highs in the sixties again and some rain

They keep promising that it is going to get warmer, it never does around here. I do know that it is cooking people down south here, but it always does that. Strange when polution went way down, carbon in the atmosphere went way down this winter because of the Covid, now we are going to have a super hot year and Carbon is low. That carbon crap they are spewing is not right, it should have reflected on the climate and that is what official science I read said, it said there is something more than the carbon factor.

Maybe it is hot in Russia, but not here.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I am with you here. It is cold here, a Juneuary for sure.
Been getting colder and wetter every year for the last three.
I am an A/C Tech and the weather directly affects my bottom line.

I am sure it is getting warmer somewhere though because people are screaming it from the rooftops.
Not here though.

a reply to: rickymouse

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Not around here in Kentucky. Been coldest in a long time.

Weather is not climate change.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: abigredneck

I am sure it is getting warmer somewhere though because people are screaming it from the rooftops.
Not here though.

Us Yoopers always get the short end of the stick. I think they are making stuff up, they always break a record, they can design the record to say what they want it to say. You have to look at the whole picture, not at ane particular period of time. Our own weatherman was quoting the hotttest temp on record one day...than said it was just that day of the year, it was common to have a hot day in that time...but he got record heat and record colds that way. All BS though, one day or a few months in the winter is not a good judge of anything, running three months in a row might have broken a record where two and a half months wouldn't have. It is fabrication of evidence, they are doing it all the time these days to deceive people into believing something that probably is not true.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: johnb

Where I live, things turned south about four years ago, around spring 2017. It exactly coincided with the start of chemtrailing above our skies. The weather became unstable, one day partially sunny, the next day rainy, the next one cloudy, the rain many times is irregular, starts, stops, starts again and so on, a very chaotic weather. Or the sky is very cloudy and it looks like it's gonna rain and nothing happens, just low clouds hanging in there, as if the sky is suffering from the constipation. Today's weather patterns are totally different from at least 4 years ago and before that.

It also became wetter, colder, strange cloud formations, very milkish looking sky, the sun became whiter and started to burn like hell. Just the other day, somebody asked me why the sun is so burning hot in here and I told him about the chemtrails. He couldn't believe it.

In my mind there's no doubt that those (chemtrails) are the biggest main cause of this bad weather change by far and certain evil people in power are intentionally destroying the planet.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

Not here though.

Us Yoopers always get the short end of the stick. I think they are making stuff up, they always break a record, they can design the record to say what they want it to say. You have to look at the whole picture, not at ane particular period of time. Our own weatherman was quoting the hotttest temp on record one day...than said it was just that day of the year, it was common to have a hot day in that time...but he got record heat and record colds that way. All BS though, one day or a few months in the winter is not a good judge of anything, running three months in a row might have broken a record where two and a half months wouldn't have. It is fabrication of evidence, they are doing it all the time these days to deceive people into believing something that probably is not true.

I don't know about the warmest year but it has been a very strange year here in Michigan so far. Hot, then cold, then hot, then cold, the weather has been just weird. All that rain and then nothing. We've never had to run our furnace in June, until this year and we're in the lower half.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Here in NC. it has been nice. A couple days last week were fairly warm, but then cooled back to nice days and nights. It seems about right, the occasional night time rain, day time sprinkles. No AC use for a while now, even in my car

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Coolest spring and early summer I can ever remember here in Tennessee.Im 59 and never remember this much cool weather in one year.Jusy saw that Out in the Rockies were getting more snow,seems a mixed weather for the world

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Counties that are typically frozen could have an agricultural boom soon.
Invest now in Icelandic bananas.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Cool here in Southwest Michigan 80 today low 70's again next week.

We call it weather

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnb
cbs link

The average heat across Russia from January to May is so remarkable that it matches what's projected to be normal by the year 2100 if current trends in heat-trapping carbon emissions continue. In the image below, the data point for 2020 is almost off the charts and matches what climate models expect to be typical many decades from now.
The dramatic warming in the past few years is rapidly reshaping the Arctic. Over the past four decades, sea ice volume has decreased by 50%. Warming and drying of the landscape is leading to unprecedented Arctic fires, with the summer of 2019 being the worst fire season on record. Right now, what are being called zombie fires — fires that were never quite extinguished over the winter — are flaring back up.
One added consideration is the recent decline in pollution due to the global pandemic lockdowns. Burning fossil fuels releases particulate matter like aerosols, which typically reflect sunlight back to space, keeping Earth a bit cooler than it would otherwise be. However, the dramatic short-term decrease in air pollutants may allow more sunlight in, warming the climate even more.

It does look like we are already past the tipping point.

I wonder what the storm seasons will bring us with all the extra energy being generated by this heat.

Yes, the sun is really hot, hot...ouch. I recently put up deck curtains for the shade, so I could walk on my deck bare footed.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 07:32 PM
link   
My take

The Magnetic North Pole has been moving at an alarming rate out of Northern Canada into Northern Siberia over the last 10 years.

I feel with it’s continued wander it has been dragging the jet streams into higher and higher latitudes and changing the energy that holds our weather patterns in place. In turn bringing the weather that usually resides closer to the equator further north.

One need only take a look at past polar vortexes over the past 20 or so years to see that’s its formation over the north each year seems to be coinciding with the wander. Enough so it seems like the heat rises in accordance to latitude as the pole drifts away

Mind you I run a crane and I am no scientist, but from the minimal amount of knowledge I’ve been able to obtain that’s the theory that sort of fits the bill for the occurrences of heat moving north in my opinion.

SaneThinking

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: miri2019
I sit in the sky all day overlooking the ocean off the west coast in Vancouver. And I can attest to your observances we’ll have bright blue skies, good long range outlook. Then out of no where a game of tic tac toe in the sky’s appears and the weather will pull a 180

SaneThinking

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: johnb

"On record" encompasses only a tiny sliver of time, compared to how long the Earth has been here. We need to understand that we're tiny little specks on the planet.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Ancient pathogens thawing from the permafrost will most likely become the cause of the zombie apocalypse.
edit on 0000006080568America/Chicago18 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

originally posted by: rickymouse

Not here though.

I don't know about the warmest year but it has been a very strange year here in Michigan so far. Hot, then cold, then hot, then cold, the weather has been just weird. All that rain and then nothing. We've never had to run our furnace in June, until this year and we're in the lower half.

We have got a couple of years like this that I remember, maybe two or three in the last fifty five years or more, but they do happen occasionally. The huge snowstorms with heavy wet snow, three this winter, were unusual. We might get one heavy wet snow, over two feet, in a winter, but this year we got two over two feet plus one at eighteen inches...all very heavy snow. I had snow in the yard till June second this year, a record by about a week where I live. Lots of broken trees this year, usually we get a few, but this year we got hundreds of broken branches and trees on the front of our property, lots of firewood to make though. I would rather have the trees though.

edit on 18-6-2020 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: SaneThinking

The weather is already messed up real good now. It pains me to see it. There's some sort of a gas/dust filter in the air nowadays, I can't even make any outdoor plans for tomorrow, that's how bad it is. Now there are not too many chemtrail planes in the sky compared to hundreds of them a day in 2017, above the skies of New Jersey. It seems that they're now spraying just to keep the dust's density within certain levels.

The people in power are trying hard to convince us that it is due to "global warming", that it is "cyclical" or some such nonsense. But it's all intentional.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 10:47 PM
link   
One of the coolest Springs I've seen my entire life here on the AL GA border. It's hot now but normal June hot in this part of the world. Didn't have much of a Winter but that's not unusual here either. Wet too. April and May were unseasonably cool ws nice being home most of that time. Barely turned the ac on the entire month of May. With no ac running during May, the electricity bill ws almost $100 let than same mouth last year.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join