It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we Start Preparing for Life After ATS

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I don't care who you are, that there is funny as hell. Imagine the total chaos across the internet.

However....

We'd need to start a mail list server to let everyone know who the next ...er..... target is.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I think you can make a forum in Wordpress for a small fee. It could serve as a temporary forum, at least.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

I think you can make a forum in Wordpress for a small fee. It could serve as a temporary forum, at least.

There are services dedicated to forum creation. For free or monthly payment. Some state they give you unlimited bandwidth.

They were ok back at the turn of the millennium; not sure about now.

But they all come with legal requirements and agreement to use your content. As I understood it that was the appeal of ATS.

edit on 18-6-2020 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Im just spitballing here but would it be possible to create a ATS subbreddit? Im not a huge reddit user I go there to look at stuff but don't have an account so Im not sure if this would even be possible due to the different format.

Second question is anything here going to be archived somewhere?

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Which is what I'm saying. If those people have that kind of capital to throw around they're better off starting a new site.

Totally agree as well. I'd be willing to go in with someone or a group of people to keep ATS going.

But, in my opinion if I owned it, I would just archive this site, and then start a new site that is up to date.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Already on it.

Starting my own site at. . .

FatNakedOldMenWhoVotedForTrumpOnHov-a-rounds.com

See if anyone has THAT domain name!

*boom*

*drops mic*

It's true. He's already getting hate on his advertising.

DBC's advertising

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
maybe they can hold out until after the elections, i so look forward to trump winning and rubbing some libs nosed in it again.

That could be the very reason for the sites demise. The 3 amigos have some very high level, impressive connections. They know things!!
edit on 18-6-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses
a reply to: DBCowboy
FatNakedOldMenWhoVotedForTrumpOnHov-a-rounds.net

I thought that's what this site had already become.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses
a reply to: face23785

Are you putting me on? I only typed that to entertain myself while I was taking a dump.

Sometimes that's where ya do your best thinkin.

Definitely puts a new spin on the phrase "# for brains"

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
People can start planning what site the community can use after ATS, we can save all those old threads we wrote that we might want to keep, we can say our goodbyes, hell how about a ATS farewell cyber party!

I say we find some nice, normal, unsuspecting site like knitting.com and blow that mf'er right out of the water with political hollow earth alien threads.

At this point I say we take the whole internet down with us.

Oh hell yeah, that sounds like fun, count me in!🔥

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   

you know i forgot all about the site that shalt not be named on ATS, i guess we could all go there.

edit on 18-6-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Someone here could always start a subreddit or something and share with other ATS members...then there'll be the inevitable power struggle and half the members will join an alternate competing subreddit ran by the member who had a problem with the other subreddit, then extreme moderation will take place in both and....actually nevermind. Nice knowing you all. It's been fun talking, debating and arguing over the years.
edit on 18/6/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 11:36 PM
link   

I’m hoping we won’t have to have a life after ATS. But could we create an alternative even if it’s temporary. Somewhere like Reddit? Not sure what people’s thoughts are on that platform. Just a thought.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Yes, but this goes further than loosing ATS and finding a new forum. Here is what I posted in another thread on the Chinese cyber attacks, it works here too.

This subject is merely a symptom of the beginning of the control and censorship of the internet. Over the last few days my smart phone has lagged and cut out so much I've been working on my latest creation I call GERRWEES (Group Electronic Rack-mounted Recording WiFi Enabled Entertainment System). It is a system I threw together from a bunch of old computer crap I acquired along with some audio and musical equipment. It is my wireless LAN for all my other equipment (phones, tablets, and computers) and is dedicated to music production. It's not AI by any means, but Gerrwee will be great for parties and will help my networking skills. We may need to start a wide ranging mesh-net wireless network to replace the internet with, so I'm working on this project to learn about WiFi LAN networks. Plus I'm working on two way communications as well, been doing that for years now.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   
It's like in high school when that really great kegger got shut down by the popo. Now where do we go? Only tell the cool kids.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   
It'll be good for me. I can put my energy into something that could objectively improve my life, instead of just babbling into the electronic void hoping to hear an echo.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   
The cold war UFO and WW2 conspiracy stuff that was written on ATS by authors on their death beds making peace with their past should be archived somewhere. Those folks are gone now and some of the cryptic information about their time could be lost forever. I have no need to post any more drivel but if we had a searchable database that could be searched by date, author, and content as a memorial that would be enough. Could spend the rest of my life going back and researching some of those old posts on my own like a hermit in the ATS stacks.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   
tried posting in the collabrative writing forum but was told did not have permission, not sure why

but please read with the intended sarcasm

there was a website called ATS
when news of closing caused great distress
if it was upto me
then the amigos 3
would just stop all this bloody heartache and keep the website going regardless of time/money/commitment required and stop being so bloody selfish, as we the entitled bunch need our daily fix

that works as a limerick dont it????

If this is to be the end, even if not I say thank you to the owners who have made what is a great way to hang out on the internet

stay safe on your current and future journeys

peace

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slichter
The cold war UFO and WW2 conspiracy stuff that was written on ATS by authors on their death beds making peace with their past should be archived somewhere. Those folks are gone now and some of the cryptic information about their time could be lost forever. I have no need to post any more drivel but if we had a searchable database that could be searched by date, author, and content as a memorial that would be enough. Could spend the rest of my life going back and researching some of those old posts on my own like a hermit in the ATS stacks.

An archive might be good for future explorers. There have been things like the Usenet Paranet newsgroup posts and the archives from the UFO Updates Forum that were frequented by the top researchers of the time -- informal speculation and debate -- that have been lost in the electronic dust of time. Except by the government, of course.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 09:24 PM
link   
i'd be all about an ats discord, so long as it leaned more towards UFOs and less towards trump.

ongoing permanent chat window about aliens? bliss.
ongoing permanent political argument? no thanks get me out

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join