It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you become a police officer right now

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   
With the current state of affairs, I would not.

I’m wondering who would and why?

Also what happens when there are no cops?

One last question (actually 2)
Who wants it this way and why?

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Aallanon

Hell yeah!

I hear you can get beverages with extra bleach and burgers with extra spit. Who could pass that up?

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I would not become a police officer now, either. I've also wondered who would want it this way and why, but can't think of any reason that makes sense. Then again, nothing going on right now makes any sense whatsoever.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I never considered “extra” spit. So maybe

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: WildBlue411

That’s why we need ATS, to figure it out.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I carried a badge for 17 years. It's mounted in a plaque, laying on the floor behind me, with a bunch of junk on top of it.

"Nope."

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I considered it after college.. almost 30 years ago.
It was bad enough at that time to make me not want to become a cop.

If I was though, when I got a call to a neighborhood with a “reputation” , I would certainly be taking my time getting there... coffee, donut, sort the bodies afterwards.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Better Question, would you advise your 18 year old daughter or son to become a PO?

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aallanon
Better Question, would you advise your 18 year old daughter or son to become a POS?

Contemporary opinion update added.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Depends on the pay.

If we are going to ask police to put their lives at even more risk then we need to pay them more. A lot more.

Instead of taking money away we should be using it in better ways.
mandatory non-lethal Defense training. Physical fitness training. Morale aptitude tests.
Non-lethal weapons training. Non-lethal weapon research and development.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: WildBlue411

I would not become a police officer now, either. I've also wondered who would want it this way and why, but can't think of any reason that makes sense. Then again, nothing going on right now makes any sense whatsoever.

Get paid to assert your authority.
crack some heads here and there

make like tons of friends.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

I carried a badge for 17 years. It's mounted in a plaque, laying on the floor behind me, with a bunch of junk on top of it.

"Nope."

Everyone I know who was in it for decades feels the same way: very glad they're not in it now and would advise no one to enter the field. The politicians and administrators will throw you to the wolves in a heartbeat, and too much of the public seems completely incapable of being objective. So screw em. I hope they enjoy the crime when it hits their doorstep. Or their 92 y/o grandmother.

These are men who would run through gunfire to save a civilian(s). In one case, a German Shepherd Dog.

I wish their Social Worker Response Teams all the luck in the world when they respond to an active shooter or domestic violence calls. (snort) Any city that implements this needs to order extra body bags.
edit on 18-6-2020 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: drussell41

Social Worker Response Teams. lulz

Why people can't see what these politicians are doing is beyond me to comprehend. It's the politicians who created these unsavory environments yet the unseen hand has many pointing fingers at the cops.

I remember years ago when social workers were called to go out with the police for mental health checks, but not any more! Why? The politicians decided it wasn't worth spending the money, so instead they automatically pinned social worker onto the shoulders of leos. It wasn't like the politicians knew what the results would be right?

Anyhow, they are pushing for chaos and blood on the streets and then when it goes down people will be begging for a quasi UN/Federal police force. They won't know what hit them when we see corporate run death squads hunting down anyone who is guilty of wrong think.

Those who are the useless idiots behind all of this chaos will be the first rounded up and lined against the wall.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: WildBlue411

"Divide and conquer" makes sense.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Anyhow, they are pushing for chaos and blood on the streets and then when it goes down people will be begging for a quasi UN/Federal police force. They won't know what hit them when we see corporate run death squads hunting down anyone who is guilty of wrong think.

Maybe. I think it might be a set up for civil war.
edit on 18-6-2020 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   
My son has always wanted to go into law enforcement. He's in his mid-thirties. He's never had success. He's worked in security. Did a stint in the National Guard as a medic and MP. He's currently in parking enforcement in a major US university. He's looking at getting on as a dispatcher for the campus police.

He's applied for academy a couple of times but it's never worked out. He has a good military record and he's intelligent (takes after his father). I've kind of felt for him when things didn't work out him way her wanted, but now I am so very glad he never got a position in law enforcement. Don't know if he feels the same, but I'm thiankful.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Hell No!

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I'm honestly baffled why anyone would want to be a cop. My generation has despised them since day 1.

Cops are either: runs in the family, ex-military, or a socially awkward high school bully lacking skills to work blue collar or service industry (most cops).

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I have never thought about being a cop before that hasn't changed. I have a friend I grew up with as a kid and when we got older I went into the Army he went into the police force. When I got out and came back he kept trying to get me to become an officer. The Army changed me the police changed him. Our mentalities are just too different we haven't talked in over five years.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Roman Empire disgraced their military ranks for decades by pandering to the poor and non citizens instead of honoring military benefits and pay raises for them. Eventually the people they pandered to turned on them. They tried to recall their military leaders but they declined. A very similar situation is going to happen in the US.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join