It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need advice on potential covid exposure and a test for something else I need.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 07:28 AM
link   
My base has suddenly decided to ignore positive covid cases, we have almost an entire AMU out right now either positive or awaiting results.

78 people, some that tested positive were driving the truck on the line that routinely carried a bunch of folks form different shops.

At least 10 of those people that were exposed I worked alongside this last drill, and now I have to go to a doctors appointment for a test for nerve damage in about 4 hours and I am torn do I go and get the test I need, or do I call the office and say I may have been exposed and let them decide.

I haven't been following closely last few weeks as life has gotten interesting, so has more information come out that 14 days is more than enough?

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 07:44 AM
link   
You have to let them know, they will tell you if it's ok to come in or not. If you haven't been tested but you have been exposed, the proper thing to do is see if you can get tested. That's just my opinion.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Professionally? You've been exposed then.

-EMT/Paramedic

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

...do I call the office and say I may have been exposed and let them decide.

This ^^^. They will know best if/how to best proceed.

But please protect/prepare your body too! Even just Vitamins C (perferably liposomal) and D3 (in oil) would be a huge boost for your body. This is the recommended protocol from the East Virginia Medical School:

Prophylaxis
While there is extremely limited data, the following “cocktail” may have a role in the prevention/mitigation of COVID-19 disease. This cocktail is cheap, safe, and widely available.
Vitamin C 500 mg BID and Quercetin 250-500 mg BID
Zinc 75-100 mg/day (acetate, gluconate or picolinate). Zinc lozenges are preferred. After 1 month, reduce the dose to 30-50 mg/day.
Melatonin (slow release): Begin with 0.3mg and increase as tolerated to 2 mg at night
Vitamin D3 1000-4000 u/day

EVMS CRITICAL CARECOVID-19 MANAGEMENT PROTOCOL

Do take good care of yourself

edit on 18-6-2020 by Boadicea because: spelling

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I did call, so my test has been pushed 6 weeks before I can start to get fixed.

Just got back from blasting my leadership for playing find a secret keep a secret so I expect ill get a talking to tomorrow.

managed to refrain from saying anything today, but in the event I get it or my family does because they kept a secret I will be filing an IG complaint for putting people at risk for the sake of training hours.

new topics

top topics

join