It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 25

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

I always mean to reply more to you. You always put forth something amusing, or otherwise worthy of attention.

I mean, I remember this past Christmas, after your death-defying defense of your home and property amid the terrible fires, the pictures you posted of your terrible/brilliant Christmas "tree".

I'm serious: I remember thinking that your attitude and general disposition and outlook on life was something to live up to, an example of how to be in life.

I never saw your story in here. Must've always been posted during times when I was absent.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Bally, You are an inspiration and a wonderful human being. I always missed your story in here and wished you would have continued with it. I just thought that you weren't in the mood for story telling.

I always enjoyed learning about your life. I saw your fierce battles with fires that scared me half to death knowing what you were facing. I saw your courage and strength. Your optimism is always inspiring and words of encouragement. You are a hard worker, a thoughtful and compassionate man. Much love to you and Truey (always loved that nickname!).

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Bally and everyone else at the Shed, you are important to me so I don't want this to be our goodbyes. A new Shed will pop up somewhere and all will be well.

PM for Night Star since I still can.
edit on 6 19 2020 by LookingForABetterLife because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife
Bally and everyone else at the Shed, you are important to me so I don't want this to be our goodbyes. A new Shed will pop up somewhere and all will be well.

Thank you Look, DoE, Pheonix and Night,

It's not about "The Shed" or any of the other OP's I read here. I'm a lurker and I admit it. Probably because me and 'truey' can give answers to peoples problems. Whether or not they take advice is up to them but you can only give so much as your selves.

If advice or a post is taken adversely well then that's enough for us. We just get on with our lives. Some posts we cannot adjust to. We give in but tragically there is no answer to placate individuals and ultimately what we say ends up in a cycle.

Much like this post.

Currently I'm cutting and sawing wood. Supply and demand and we have a lot of fallen timber here. We split and keep the char-coaled edges for ourselves and only deliver clean wood to customers. People don't like getting dirty wood but we are happy. That wood burns hot, 4 orders this weekend. Which is good. Bit of pocket money.

Our insurance came through. Substantial enough. So we are going to build onto our house, reno, rather than separate buildings around the property. Bought 2 large shipping containers which house our gear and a 'tractor mit slasher'. Both very happy about that. So onto a positive future. Which I try to convey to everyone.

I have noticed I am getting tired a lot (my only complaint) but hell, I'm 62.

I'm gonna point out here that my safe spot/location is 'truey' who is doing her third wood delivery on her way to work. Nothing like a good cuddle in the morning when she leaves and another when she comes home safe. Sadly she hit another cow on her way home late from work but we had the 'black' car repaired once again. (last time got burnt in the fires) ( Total 2 cows and 3 kangaroos, the repair bills cost more than the car through insurance payed premiums) This time she won't ever drive the car in the dark. So we will overcome that and now she drives my 'wood truck' mit 'bull bar' hence she is responsible for deliveries of split wood. What a treasure. A 'fair dinkum lady'.

I have a past history of many tragedies and unfairness. I might have alluded to that in other posts but I say, "Adjust, Adapt and Overcome". Something about overcoming that gives satisfaction.

Not bragging now but I must hasten and cut/split more wood. Thank goodness for life.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

Well said mate!

That is it in a nutshell.

I would help if I could but Fortran and Cobol are dead languages.

P

Great reply. So is the aussie vernacular that is misunderstood by many. I pride myself being a 'currency lad' from many generations and the fact I have been given an important Aboriginal name that I can use in many remote communities. And, I am very proud, my daughter, who has no Indigenous heritage is named 'Yumungali', a princess in Warlpiri terms. She underwent ceremony in the desert just after birth. I have a video as testimony.

My language is the 'basterdized' queen's english. Hard to translate on this forum. But to you personally, just get a 'light' Bundy interyamate.

Cool regards,

Bally of the Nymboida.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses

I always mean to reply more to you. You always put forth something amusing, or otherwise worthy of attention.

I mean, I remember this past Christmas, after your death-defying defense of your home and property amid the terrible fires, the pictures you posted of your terrible/brilliant Christmas "tree".

I'm serious: I remember thinking that your attitude and general disposition and outlook on life was something to live up to, an example of how to be in life.

I never saw your story in here. Must've always been posted during times when I was absent.

HopebutnotfeariswhatIneed, visited me with his young son after the fires. Came from the thread, "Has anyone heard from Bally" methinks. Sorry I still have no knowledge how to post links. So 'hope' came out and we sat and discussed the effects. He posted a couple of pics and later did another thread. Poor guy and his young bloke had trouble getting out. But now we are firm friends, me and 'truey delivered a load of wood to him for his new venture. A mobile pizza oven I guess. We will go north soon with another load and spend an overnighter. On his invitation.

Nice bloke.

We have got on with life. Still burning off to save from future fires. Everything is greened up except for the hill tops which sounded like a 747 coming into land.

Personally I have hearing issues (Toyata Troop Carrier blew up metres from my face) sinus issues from the toxic smoke which resulted in having all my upper teeth extracted on the left side and several bottom teeth, Still can't get over the pain on the left side of my face. I just have to ignore it and get on with cutting wood. Really hate it cause, even in front of 'truey', I bend down occasionally and shake my head. Bugger of an infection. I'm frightened of having my sinuses stripped. Heard some ugly stories. Manage it with pain killers and happy thoughts hahahha.

Your reply and thoughts are encouraging for me and I will use them to take into account that there are people out there that are sincere.

Like your work on the Acronym game.

Kind regards as always,

Bally and True Love.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Bally, You are an inspiration and a wonderful human being. I always missed your story in here and wished you would have continued with it. I just thought that you weren't in the mood for story telling.

I always enjoyed learning about your life. I saw your fierce battles with fires that scared me half to death knowing what you were facing. I saw your courage and strength. Your optimism is always inspiring and words of encouragement. You are a hard worker, a thoughtful and compassionate man. Much love to you and Truey (always loved that nickname!).

My story is a reflection of my life albeit Sci Fi. Wally, Clifford and I are spinning in orbit around Sol. Things aren't good for Wally who prides himself on perfection and has, at this juncture, failed to deliver, but I trust him. Clifford continues to deliver in his busy but, annoying somewhat, asepsis, sort of way. Me, I lounge drinking mushroom beer. I trust both. Bit surprised we went back in time but it wasn't the right place. Wally works the problematic. Clifford ensures comfort. Me, I'm along for the ride. Our trio will return but things upon the planet ain't just conducive for a return. I asked Wally, "what about the shed?".

Where do we return, under what circumstances and I guess, trusting Wally, we'll have to wait and see. Though I may not show it I am very excited. Wally hits me every time I say, "What's this button for?"

The story is a mirror of survival with mates. I do not want to end up in the past just forward to a positive future. So I relax knowing that the 'driver' has control of direction. "Overcome".

Much love and kind regards as always,

Ball face

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife

Thank you for your lovely kind words.

It's not goodbye but simply if ATS ceases then everyone has a 'Wally' in them that can perhaps continue the amazing effort of 'The Shed.'

I regard "The Shed" as my haven, escape, wonder. A nice comfortable place. I can let my imagination go wild. As I have in my previous post to Night.

"Truey" and I can overcome odds. So can all.

I really have to cut wood. Nice perfect cuts which make me grin imagining the people burning our split wood are warm. The wood can't have any imperfections and the rubbish we place in our own fireplace.

Hope this make sense.

Our kindest regard to you,

Bally and 'truey'

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 12:53 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Free speech is dying... ATS is dying, might be the end of an age!

So much of this so called sane reality that is actually a self jerk-off... in that we are ignoring darkness within every single one of us.
Somehow, almost everyone is pretending to wonder why this madness is forming outside of ourselves and looks for an answer outside... yet again!!
Instead of acknowledging the shadow self that has been ignored and continually shamed for decades... still everyone runs to positive help gurus or blames anyone else for it but themselves because what a horror to spend time realising how much of a truly horrible yet great person you might actually be??

Absolute genius level insanity!

The truth is that we are all kinda crap most of the time.. but in realising that... we can actually be better for it. Instead of blaming another person, group, religion or something else for how crap we are to pretend we are so amazing all the time

(Probably belongs in a rant forum... im just kinda wondering what is wrong with people these days... mass madness)

Fell much better now

edit on 20-6-2020 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Seems like the forum is collapsing. I have tried for a few hours now, to upload some pics. Now that i have my friend's ancient phone in use and it has a camera. Pictures were from my forest visit from a couple of days ago. And yesterday was Midsummer's eve. My friend came over with a vihta (birch whisk used in sauna) had to google that, seems like there is no simple translation. So i wanted to post a pic of the vihta also. In case it is not obvious for everyone, the vihta is first dipped into water. Then put on sauna stove stones. 3 seconds per side is okay. It gets softer that way and a great scent at the sauna then. Then we just beat ourselves with it. After some hits, it gets kind of hot and dry, and then just dip it into water again and continue where you left from. All kinds of health benefits there... blood flow stuff and relaxation.

But it gives me an error every time. The upload page. So no pics. Here is a thread i made Nov, 21 2019 and very few people cared.

Let's fix ATS

So therefore, i take this opportunity to thank all ATS members. For helping me to breaking out of my Finnish bubble a little bit. And for writing interesting things. Amusing things. Sometimes even "triggering" things but that is my fault not yours.

Do i personally have much to say if ATS disappears? No, not much, actually. I have seen this for a long time. When 2020 started, i was hoping for a better year, or at least more easily tolerable year. And got what? Global pandemic, giant locusts, worldwide rioting and looting. And now my favorite online site is going to RIP. Who would have thought? *asks sarcastically from himself*

All the best for all of you and all of your loved ones. Today, tomorrow and for all eternity.
With gratitude
Fin

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 06:55 AM
link   
So, am I the only idiot who's been waiting for a linky in number 24?

FFS LOL

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Now i managed to upload a few pics.

These are from 2 (or 3?) days ago when the situation was that my neighbor was drilling and hammering walls, and i could not take it. Also friends were all at work or school so... into the forest it was!

I am a really lousy photographer, also the cam is old, also hands shook a bit... but i think you will get some idea anyway.

So this is the view i mostly stared at:

A rock with some moss:

Tiny flowers and some twigs:

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 09:30 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I just love you all so much.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov
Nice to see you hear today. I've always appreciated your work on ATS.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer
So, am I the only idiot who's been waiting for a linky in number 24?

FFS LOL

LOL
I provided the link to them when I asked them to shut down shed 24.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I'm so sorry my loves that it has come to this. I am still holding on to hope as there are various members talking about getting together to own and run the place. Offers of thousands of dollars etc.

We cannot lose our home, we just can't.

I love you all so very much and I always will.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

I know Sweetheart. There are no words.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
I just love you all so much.

Love you too Sweet Zosimov!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>