It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transparency On The Future of ATS

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 01:02 AM
link   
ATS Stats as of June 17, 2020 10:58 pm PST

Total member accounts: 309,685
members who have posted: 169,023
percentage who have posted: 55 %
members with 20 or fewer posts: 106,765
members with 20 to 500 posts: 33,590
members with 500 to 1,00 posts: 2,995
members more than 1,000 posts: 3,539
New member accounts: Past 24 hours: 37
New member accounts: Past 7 days: 208
New member accounts: Past 30 days: 985
New member accounts: Past Year: 11,754

Subscriptions and pay walls are not going to save this place

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Thank you for the heads-up, SO. This is truly the only bastion I know of on the Internet of anything even approaching this quality. I don't know if it'll make a lick of difference, but I'm going to do my best to bring some more traffic in.

...and shut off those ad blockers, folks!

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

And look at the top threads on the home page right now.

NYC white woman, 92, shoved to the ground by black male as he walks by.

Left calls for conservatives to be rehabilitated.

a handy list of things you aren't allowed to discuss.

Video showing Warlord RAZ handing out guns in the CHAZ

Boston Mayor Wants To Remove Statue Of Lincoln Freeing Slaves

Anyone who is not a one-eyed Trump supporter who comes across this site would walk right on, thinking its a right wing jerk fest. Would they be wrong? This site in its current form, going on its current content, is only going to attract a very specific subset of people. Perhaps this subset is not going to be enough to make the site viable?

edit on 18-6-2020 by harold223 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: DoctorBluechip

i would expect that " maintaining ATS conent as a static " library "" would cost 90 % of what running ATS as a dynamic website costs

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Maybe Trump or China would sponsor the site. Let it go to the highest bidder.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

originally posted by: Lumenari
Change your business model to a paid membership with boards that are only available for paid members.

First, that would require infrastructure and new code investment we cannot afford.
Second, the paid subscription model remains unproven, and would require hundreds of monthly subscribers to sustain an active business that could support operations.

change your site so that you can't view with an ad blocker.

The ad blocking software has always been good at evolving to detect such efforts. We tried that... the result...
1) members FREAKED out
2) it was an arms race we lost

Now it seems your blowing smoke any decent dev can spin up a decent (far better than this site) pay to play site in days.You can send me a private message and I will point you to the proper coding and host that dont care that your site has so many obama loving losers.

This whole excuse stinks of a CYA thread where your caving to someone. Just better make damn sure you dont sell what info I have provided.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I just wrote a very long post and it disappeared and I am well pissed off!

So to put it shortly : There is a very well known British musician here as a member who I am sure would love to keep this site up and running!

I won't mention names as against T and Cs.

Get yer wallet out mate!

Kindest respects

Lags

edit on 18-6-2020 by Lagomorphe because: I am crap

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

ATS should up their Twitter game. That would drive traffic. Enlist a few good members as admins to repost on Twitter, priceless. I'd do it.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

YOU NEED TO ADD THE NUMBERS AFTER THE =

And cut the whole address below just to be doubly sure

Robbie ?

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 01:31 AM
link   

It sounded like you did well with the donation option of a few years ago. I know at the time I was able to give, and gladly did so with an amount I could.
I suspect you could self fund from donations. But you know how that worked better than myself.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 01:31 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Alright.

I didn't want to do this, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

I will post only tasteful nudes of myself for 10,000.00 a peek.

SO, you can thank me later.

I have to find a way to take my socks off now. . . . . .

(Sorry, just wanted to lighten the mood a bit)

You posting about a "tasteful" nude of yourself just made the thread dark and... somehow disheartening.

I, on the other hand, will pay $10 a month to have an adult section where I can show off my girls.

I will pony up $1 a month to allow you that luxury.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam
a reply to: Lagomorphe

YOU NEED TO ADD THE NUMBERS AFTER THE =

And cut the whole address below just to be doubly sure

Robbie ?

I buggered up a bit.

I was in the middle of re-editing and my router decided to crash on me... Twice....

Urghhhhhhhh...

Should be ok now

Kindest respects

Lags

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 01:38 AM
link   
As a fellow business owner, the understanding of your situation, gives me a heavy heart.

If I had the money I would give it now, freely, as your value is immeasurable, unfortunately my business has not made me an extraordinarily wealthy man (yet?).

I have a sense of what your figure must be, and unless you can find a benefactor, the confidence does not currently exist to invest in information (from any legitimate investor), so a traditional sale is out of the question.

All that is left is sharks and isolation, as you have said... and I guess a GoFundMe? (lol)

Good luck!, if I crack millions in the next few months, keep your eye out for a PM from me.

Otherwise thank you for your efforts during a time of declining discourse... you have kept me informed.

Now we move into an era where truth is responded to with deafening silence.
edit on 18-6-2020 by puzzlesphere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 01:40 AM
link   
This site died some years ago and you know it. Going the political method may not have been the best go around. Kind of like hammering in the nails in your own coffin. And paying for the nails and the hammer with interest.

But saying all that. Nothing truly dies. Maybe one day the ghost of ATS will be reborn. But! The times they are a changing everywhere. How many people want to think differently from the heard anyways? Its not part of the S3 plan anyways. Sooner or latter all of this and everything on this net and other nets, will have to be put in the big ol garbage icon, hit delete, then flushed down some spiral hole were it will not resurface for many many many generations to come. If at all.

Its either that. Or it will be replaced with a bot ATS, a shadow of a shadow of a shadow of what it used to be just another mouthpiece of all the blah blah blah thats out there. 2020 sure had started on a strange foot hasn't it? Everything here and there is ending.

But I will miss what ATS used to be. I would say just log some of the stuff on here. One day, that may be of some value. May be, just saying. I would say, you have done good work on this site, and for a time all at various times and for various people it was a fun place to be. But all things must come to an end.

We shall see right.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: DoctorBluechip

Would the content no longer be available in it's entirety ? Wouldnt web crawlers already have stored the information ?

When the lights go off, the place goes dark. That's just how it works. Server space and bandwidth cost money; we've just gotten spoiled to having "free" access to the net. In truth, it has never really been free. Few things worth having in life are.

*sigh*

This has been my home for over 13 years. It's seem me through personal victories and personal tragedies. I know I'm an argumentative old fart, but a little while back, when I was facing major surgery, a friend posted about it here and I was flabbergasted by the personal and heartfelt responses. Rednecks don't have tear ducts, but the first time I saw those replies... well, I tried to grow some.

But you guys did something that took an old, decrepit redneck who had been consistently trying to assassinate himself for almost a half century, pumping jelly through clogged arteries, and pulled him through using one thing: prayer. Not only did I wake up above the ground, but I was able to retire. Maybe, just maybe, a little of that would help now. There's been a lot of talk about kneeling lately; I don't want to get into an argument over it here, for obvious reasons, but I for one am kneeling before God right now to pray that a way for ATS to continue can be found.

Anyone who wants to join me in that... please, feel free.

TheRedneck

Aw, hell, screw that formal crap...

Doug

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
How about the more conspiracy minded of us set up shop on a different free bulletin board service or something like that? By conspiracy minded I mean *not* politics. Maybe even set up an archive of the best threads in the UFO and paranormal forums?

It’d be a shame to never read Astro’s thread again or the references in the others about the green lady

So you are willing to give up on this web site?

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: puzzlesphere

Doug

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Thanks to the ATS staff for their transparency.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

It sounded like you did well with the donation option of a few years ago. I know at the time I was able to give, and gladly did so with an amount I could.
I suspect you could self fund from donations. But you know how that worked better than myself.

That's a great idea! There wouldn't be all the labor-intensive "busy work" of baby-sitting subscribers if there was a $$$ donation option. After AboveTopSecret.com is back on solid footing, donors could get "perks", like a Bronze/Silver/Gold Donor label by our Username.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join