It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transparency On The Future of ATS

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Both?? Hell, I dunno.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Everything has a sunset.

With all due respect and kindest regards. . .

I'm surprised a community like this one has lasted so long. With the proliferation of social media platforms like MySpace, Twitter, YouTube and Tick Tock messages boards are no longer the fad they once where.

Back at the turn of the millennium everyone ran some kind of message board but soon after that the golden age had died out.

Lots of credit are due the fellers how where able to keep the light on for 20 years longer than most every one else.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:53 PM
link   

SO has many hats

The developer, the server guy, the fixer, the HR director, the traffic cop and the Creator of some bad a$$ super hero 3D models

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
a reply to: JBurns

Both?? Hell, I dunno.

LOL thanks brother

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   
So basically, the vibe I'm getting here is..."Give up"..."It's impossible".

Personally, I reject this. You fly until the plane is no longer flying. Never give up.

PMA - Positive Mental Attitude. You just never give up...EVER.

You cannot make someone live who wishes to die. But, you can be hope and inspiration to never give up.

There's a point at which you save who you can, when the leader gives up. You move on.

Kind of feels like this is where we are at the moment.

Never quit...EVER! ….to the last breath!
edit on 6/19/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: Wookiep

You should read the OP.

He wants to sell. Not implement any ideas.

His preference is a group of members buying it, pending getting.

Were making that effort.

Effort being made HERE:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Just a small thought, boss. . . .

Promises are okay and nice, but at some point the rubber needs to meet the road.

Could you or someone set up like an escrow account and actually start collecting the funds?

If a threshold isn't met, then just return the initial investment.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Add some threads with ads we can all click or view to show traffic and generate revenue. ATS should be able to generate revenue with all of its traffic. Change the business model. Don't let ATS die off. Facebook is still free to use and has no problem with revenue. I see ads for bikinis on Facebook with some hot models. The ads don't bother me at all. I think I confused the ad people by clicking on the models though. Click on it once or twice, you see more bikinis. I even saw my niece in a bikini but that wasn't an ad.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Not my area...but I'm sure the expertise exists here.

The first step would be to have the current ATS owners address the idea.
That hasn't happened yet.

The idea, as proposed, raises $1M for ATS to make all needed coding changes and updates and restructuring.
It proposes a JOINT ownership between current owners and current members.
edit on 19-6-2020 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

originally posted by: Phage
Do you think Google targeted ATS?

We fought with Google several times. First in 2013 when we were delisted from their ad platform (AdSense) for controversial content. It took six months and some internal connections to get our account back into good standing. There were clear indications it was one of those fabled "human interventions" on their end.

Then, through 2015 we'd receive daily notices that URLs (entire threads really) were being delisted from the ad platform. For a time, just about all of them were threads critical of Hillary Clinton.

I don't think "ATS is targeted," but I do think the majority of the topics discussed here are indeed targeted.

I hope this doesn't come across as me trying to cop an attitude with you, but I find it ironic that this information, which vindicates what many have been saying for years, is being divulged now, as the sun begins to set on the site.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Create a business plan and make an offer. . .

Not directed at you necessarily, but it would seem the logical approach.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Create a business plan and make an offer. . .

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Wonder if it will be addressed? It's at least a good last ditch effort by the members here, and I personally applaud it!

It should be addressed publicly and not in PMs, at least the general info. We NEED to know if the ownership here is willing to take this serious, at least in a general sort of way.

Otherwise, all sorts of conspiracies will arise. Like why not examine real solutions, rather than just allow ATS to fade away with mountains of data that could never be retrieved again?

But I guess that would have to happen on some other site. I hope I can be privy to know where that other site might be. *sigh*
edit on 19-6-2020 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses

I hope this doesn't come across as me trying to cop an attitude with you, but I find it ironic that this information, which vindicates what many have been saying for years, is being divulged now, as the sun begins to set on the site.

At the time this was happening, the owners and staff did
everything they could to navigate, I recall it clearly.

There were countess threads exposing this as
it was happening. I know because I made a few
not sure if many read them though.

Folks, this was Google, Alphabet, and Correct
The Record plus others. This is the reality of the
internet now. If anyone is going to get angry at
someone let it be at the Orwellian Behemoths that
have created this stifling atmosphere.

edit on 19-6-2020 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

So this is what happens when conspiracy becomes fact.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses

There were countess threads exposing this as
it was happening. I know because I made a few
not sure if many read them though.

My apologies then. I was not privy to that fact, and I got the vibe from SO's post that this is a new revelation.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Important Post Below

Addressing the idea now.

Background first: There are at least two behind the scenes efforts for like-minded entities to bear the torch. No way to give progress yet.

IF a coalition of members and interested parties are actively creating a legal entity and raising funds to purchase and take over ATS, we will do our best to "keep the lights on" while that is happening. But it must not be ad-hoc. Above board. Legal.

But please respect and appreciate the following: the lives of myself, Springer and Simon have changed such that our commitments preclude us from returning to focus on ATS. I've stated this over and over. Please respect it.

Important Post Above

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: burntheships

So this is what happens when conspiracy becomes fact.

Once confirmed, I'll be willing to bow my head with the song "taps" accompanied by many trumpets. But it only fuels the conspiracy further AS FACT.

I hope we all find another place to share our thoughts somehow. Otherwise, we just gotta retain what we've learned here and never allow ourselves to forget it.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

It was divulged at the time. SO and Springer have been really good at bringing issues to the boards as they came up.
I've kept my ad blocker off on this site. Donated more than once. Browse the site from work/phone not signed in to up their analytics.

But just as so many decide signs are for other people. Folks do not pay attention until consequences are at hand.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   

For a time, just about all of them were threads critical of Hillary Clinton.

Just confirms what we already thought of the plutocracy that is growing more powerful every day.
I find this curious that ATS is getting black listed for advertising again at a critical point in a election year.
Full thought control on the internet is on the march.

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join