It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transparency On The Future of ATS

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

Guys, really....

It would be nice to limit this to thoughts and opinions on the OP, what positive ideas member have on saving ATS...and not descending into political partisanship and playing the blame game!!!!!!!!!

It seems any suggestions are being rejected, and the main point of the various posts from the OP are that it's too late to do anything anyway.

If some miracle comes along, it's likely gonna be through private communication at this point, don't ya think?

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   
nevermind
edit on 18-6-2020 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Dear SkepticOverlord,

feel so sad, just won't believe its true.

Could you please tell me the date, time and place (town) when ATS went online the first day ?

This information would be much helpful for me.

There will be hope, there will be a restart. All the information on this board will be saved.

But please give me the above mentioned info.

Thank you very much in advance.

Then I could tell more detailed, why I think - it will be hope and a restart and when.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

There database is giant

How giant?

The site is highly trafficked by non-members.

So it's not the members fault for having adblock on and actually contributing the content that the majority of the traffic see?

I believe they run all their own hardware

Shouldn't that SAVE them money? Or did they take a massive loan out for servers that are now 10 years old?

Not trying to be a jerk, this thread did come with "TRANSPARENCY" in the title, and now mods are blaming US for playing the blame game when we were the ones blamed for the site coming down.

I dunno... just trying to figure it out.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Seconded.

A lot of sites are going behind paywalls. I will not ever pay a newspaper for information but I will and DO for many websites I participate in from Limbaugh to (soon to be) ZH.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

What I think is that this thread was NOT made for bickering and unproductive posts making this about politics.

Be mad or sad about the demise of ATS.
Save the politics for another thread.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!
edit on Thu Jun 18 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

originally posted by: yuppa
Hey.how much cash do you need to make ATS safe for the next year? Im gonna start a Go fund me,under business for ATS if i can.

Everyone keeps missing one of the most crucial points of my opening post and follow-up response: lack of time.

You'd be better off forming a collective entity of members and raising money to purchase and manage the site on your own.

Sigh.....yeah ya right. Ya know I never thought a site closing down would make my jaw hurt and eyes to water behind this mask, but for some reason they do. maybe its just all the dust in the air. Almost feels like when you are a kid and you have to move away from everyone you know.

Anyway all we can do is hope ya find someway to continue ATS some where in some form.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Anyone still think I'm crazy for recommending the Trump admin utilize FCC license suspensions (a privilege) to combat this transparent power grab?

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Maybe they were looking for us to say "invoke the paywall" organically.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Creep Thumper

And they should!

ATS is a service, they pay for it all. Many of us come here to someone else's home and basically wreck up the place

Wish I knew ATS was in trouble. I can't hand over money fast enough
edit on 6/18/2020 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

And they should!

ATS is a service, they pay for it all. Many of us come here to someone else's home and basically wreck up the place

Hey, I'm all for it. Don't know if a buck a month will keep the lights on, but I can afford that and a bit more.

I only speak for me though. A lot of people are in bad financial positions right now. I'm not going to tell them what they can afford.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   
On the other hand, if the management is tired, nothing to be done about that.

Been there, done that. Retired.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Agreed brother

Just disheartened one of the last true bastions of free expression is going out the window so easily

Just sending up the red flares I suppose

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: harold223
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

And look at the top threads on the home page right now.

NYC white woman, 92, shoved to the ground by black male as he walks by.

Left calls for conservatives to be rehabilitated.

a handy list of things you aren't allowed to discuss.

Video showing Warlord RAZ handing out guns in the CHAZ

Boston Mayor Wants To Remove Statue Of Lincoln Freeing Slaves

Anyone who is not a one-eyed Trump supporter who comes across this site would walk right on, thinking its a right wing jerk fest. Would they be wrong? This site in its current form, going on its current content, is only going to attract a very specific subset of people. Perhaps this subset is not going to be enough to make the site viable?

I used to post at least once a day back early in my membership but there's a certain group of posters here who have driven off majority of people with dissenting opinions.

I stupidly thought that Trump and all of his underhanded dealings would've reinvigorated the site because he's a walking, talking, nakedly dancing conspiracy theory wet dream but instead members are grasping at straws of QAnon and pizzagate.
edit on 6/18/2020 by MonkeyFishFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   
SO said he needs $25k/month to sustain the site. That's 2500 members who agree to pay $10/month. Looking at the stats, you've had over 11K new members added in the past year alone. Even if you assume that only 10% of them are actually willing to pay $10/month, that would be almost HALF the members you need to sustain monthly costs on new membership alone.

And, as I mentioned in my original message, you could easily add new value for paying members by facilitating live content through webinars, presentations, live chat, and a host of other features.

There is a reason that conspiracy theories are a cash cow for channels like the History Channel and/or ID Discovery. Because they sell. People are fascinated... And as was already mentioned, there is a wealth of information here that is worth a lot. You just need to restructure and modernize. That takes commitment, in addition to money. I think the money could solve itself....but commitment from ownership is something else.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I rarely comment, as I come to learn the "real" news and discussions. I feel that we are missing what SO is saying. He keeps saying that he doesn't have the time anymore. I do not know SO, but is there something going on health wise....something else that is consuming his time......
edit on 34183430b03 by SammyB0476 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

Agreed brother

Just disheartened one of the last true bastions of free expression is going out the window so easily

Just sending up the red flares I suppose

I will just reiterate I wish they told us sooner the situation was this dire. There are lots of upstanding individuals here. I'm sure something could've been done given more time.

link   

link   
Self-edit.
edit on 6/18/2020 by Creep Thumper because: SELF-EDIT.

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join