It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good news, Atlanta!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Did you know you can assault a Police Officer and shoot a Tazer at one and you can just run away?

According Atlanta Prosecutors, you can.

That's insane.

I'd bet that wouldn't fly in Chicago, New York, or L.A. Just threatening a Police Officer can get you shot in some States.

EDIT: If I assaulted a Police Officer and shot a Tazer at one, I'd expect to be shot.

For those that didn't see the news:

Atlanta Cop charged and can face the Death Penalty
edit on 17-6-2020 by CryHavoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: CryHavoc
Did you know you can assault a Police Officer and shoot a Tazer at one and you can just run away?

According Atlanta Prosecutors, you can.

That's insane.

I'd bet that wouldn't fly in Chicago, New York, or L.A. Just threatening a Police Officer can get you shot in some States.

Think big pic. National Police Force. It is a 100 percent goal of the DNC types. Correcting racial bigotry is nothing, National Police Force is everything.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc

I thought I heard the DA say that in Atlanta it is illegal to fire even a taser at someone who is running away let alone a firearm.

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   

If they press charges against that Atlanta cop every police officer in the country should just walk away from their jobs.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I agree completely. No room for grey areas with death.

It's lethal force in response to lethal force.
No real other debate there.

Or are you for special killing privilege for certain groups?

If someone sprays you with pepper spray in a fight, you can't cut their head off with a chainsaw.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Is this the gameplan though? I mean no one is going to want to become a police officer now. Mixed with the not so good pay and the even tougher now rules of engagement.

Do people realize that we were and I think we still are asking police officers to be law enfrocement, socil workers, addiction counselors, all rolled into one.

ANd these new systems and models that places are coming up with where they want social workers to do some of this stuff. Let me tell ya that aint gonna happen.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Man I hate it when I need to run to do something. Can't we just agree running is optional.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22
I agree. If they send police out and put them at such a disadvantage with their lives are on the line, why would they stay?

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Both sides of this stinks. No, he shouldn’t have resisted arrest, or pointed the taser, but on the other hand they knew who he was, they even had his car, so why shoot him?
They would have gotten him later and after he sobered up he might have turned himself in.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: CryHavoc
For those that didn't see the news:

Atlanta Cop charged and can face the Death Penalty

Hopefully, the jury will see through the insanity and exonerate the officers.

I saw all of the videos, and that was one clear cut case of a justifiable shooting. Tragic, but justifiable.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive
Both sides of this stinks. No, he shouldn’t have resisted arrest, or pointed the taser, but on the other hand they knew who he was, they even had his car, so why shoot him?
They would have gotten him later and after he sobered up he might have turned himself in.

Or after he killed someone else?

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I think the bigger issue was the grabbing of the taser. I guess it’s ok to take a weapon from the cop as long as you run away?

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

Had he not turned back to fire at the cop, I wager he'd very likely still be alive. Had he not stolen the taser and simply run, I wager he'd still be alive.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   

This was purely political.

Keisha Lance Bottoms is the mayor of Atlanta.

She's in the top 3 in terms of running-mates for Joe Biden.

Democrats are hemorrhaging the black vote.

She is the democrat plan for bringing the black vote back to democrats.

If they had stated that the cop was just doing what he was trained to do, then the riots would have continued.

This way, it can look like the Atlanta leadership is on the side of blacks, against cops, without saying so.

The trial will be after the election, so they don't care what the final verdict will be.

If this was TL;DR then . . .

It's all about a VP for Biden and beating Trump.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Atlanta police officers are apparently just refusing to respond to calls tonight.

Can’t say I blame them.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive
Maybe. Or maybe in his desperation to escape he might have endangered another citizen. Maybe jack a car or something. He might have turned himself in the next day, he might have caused harm to someone else. A lot of mights to go around. What he did do, not maybe, but definitely, was attack a police officer.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I hate to admit it, but if it was a white dude that got shot for being utterly stupid - taking a police officers weapon from him and then attempting to use it on said officer, and dude got himself smoked... there wouldn’t be a peep about it in the media.
But, the world is completely bat snip Now.
This is the new normal.
Outrage about everything a cop does.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   

With or without a permit, criminal penalties can be significantly enhanced if you use a stun gun to commit a crime. Using a stun gun to commit an assault, for example, is considered felony aggravated assault in Georgia, and can land you in prison for up to 20 years. It is also a felony to use a stun gun while breaking into someone’s home or car.

www.abtlaw.com...

But running away with a teaser makes it all good?

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   
The best Atlanta police started resigning today.

twitter.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive

Or after he killed someone else?

So he killed someone?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join