It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Would Jesus Eat? The Bible Diet!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I found this today and was shocked!!! $139.99 for the Bible Diet!!!!
I can't believe people are actually falling for this, sure you can eat and diet like Jesus but do you really need to pay $140 bucks for it?

What Would Jesus Eat? More Dieters Turn To Bible

"I don't have cravings for anything," she said. "Somebody could eat a bag of potato chips in front of me and it wouldn't bother me. Would Jesus eat potato chips? No."

The Bible Diet kit costs $139.99 and contains a video, Bible bars, even prayer cards. The diet preached the benefits of all natural and unprocessed foods, like vegetables and whole grains.

"I make casseroles, but everything is from scratch," Nutter said. "I'll take a steamer and I'll put in red pepper and broccoli and purple onion."

Whole-grain breads are acceptable, and so are fish and chicken.

"The general emphasis is to reduce calories, and any time you reduce calories, you're going to lose weight," said Elisa Margolius, a registered dietitian at Newton-Wellesley Hospital in Newton, Mass.

Margolius likes the general idea of eating healthier and eating fewer processed foods, as long as dieters can stick to the plan.

"The Bible Diet also emphasizes something a lot of fad diets are not emphasizing -- exercise," said Margolius.

Nutter has lost 40 pounds in the two years she's been on the Bible Diet. She has kept the weight off, too. She said it's not just what she's eating, but help from above that has made the difference.

I know the diet industry is crazy and most diets are fads, but by putting price tag and making up "bible bars", this diet is in itself a fad. But since it seems to work for some people, I won't knock it. I just figured common sense and a little reading could have saved $140.00 from someone's pocket.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Is it any wonder that the only person the could get quotes from is named "Nutter?"

Would Jesus eat Bible bars? I think not.

I notice there wasn't mention of wine? If it was included this would be a diet I could commit too! LOL.

Peace,
Lukefj

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Why don't you just go read a bible? Go to a church and ask! In the old testament, in Leviticus, I think, it lists tons of guidelines for a healthy life. I LOVE stupidity!

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Should they make a Kosher Diet for Jews and a Muhammad Diet for Muslims?

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I think I'm going to write a book about a new diet that is GUARANTEED to promote weight loss and reduced risk of cancer. I will charge $150 for it and come up with a catchy name.

For you ATS'ers I'll give it to you for free.

- drink water
- eat Breakfast from the grocery store not fast food
- try not to eat pre-prepared or processed foods
- watch your calories, (2000 or so a day) and eat nutrient dense food
- replace whole grains for processed ones
- avoid trans-fats, but eat butter instead of margerine
- if you want a treat have it - in moderation
- learn what a serving size is and eat only one serving
- stop drinking sodapop
- take a walk every day 15-30 mins or so
- if you're really motivated, work out at the gym sometimes, but optional

Now I guarantee you this will work. Think many will actually DO it?

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I think I'm going to write a book about a new diet that is GUARANTEED to promote weight loss and reduced risk of cancer. I will charge $150 for it and come up with a catchy name.

look here for how to prevent cancer.

EC

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedBalloon
- drink water
- eat Breakfast from the grocery store not fast food
- try not to eat pre-prepared or processed foods
- watch your calories, (2000 or so a day) and eat nutrient dense food
- replace whole grains for processed ones
- avoid trans-fats, but eat butter instead of margerine
- if you want a treat have it - in moderation
- learn what a serving size is and eat only one serving
- stop drinking sodapop
- take a walk every day 15-30 mins or so
- if you're really motivated, work out at the gym sometimes, but optional

Now I guarantee you this will work. Think many will actually DO it?

I totally agree. I think the most important thing on the list is "only eat one serving" - ie don't eat too much!

It has apparantly been a "mystery" why French women seem to be always eating chips, Foie Gras, French bread, cheese, cream based sauces and drinking copiuous amounts of wine and yet always seem to be slimmer than women from the US and UK. Well they studied it recently and found..............they eat less. They simply don't have big portions of all this fantasitc fatty food. They don't snack, and for every wedge of brie they stuff into their faces they also might just have something like fish in olive oil or a salad.

Easy really isn't it?

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
The opening credits to the Andy Griffith Show reveal "the Jesus Diet" in it's entirety.

Walk to a pond, fish, eat.

But they could just as easily call it the bum diet and it'd still work. If you have to catch or beg for everything you eat, you will lose weight (unless you spend it on booze).

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   

"I make casseroles, but everything is from scratch," Nutter said. "I'll take a steamer and I'll put in red pepper and broccoli and purple onion."

I don't think Jesus ever ate red pepper -- that's from a New World plant.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I have heard Bibles are high in fiber and low in calories.

"Waiter, could i have the tossed bible salad with a light vinegarette?"

PS. Deep fat fried bibles are NOT low in calories.

[edit on 6-8-2005 by slank]

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I'm waiting for the "Revelations" diet. Or maybe someone would help me concoct it? Anyone? We could make money

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Bible Diet? Sounds like something my former church would have come up with. Anything to put a few more pieces of silver in Bill's pocket. -shakes head-
Christian diets are an interesting novelty, but I think a Christian pricing plan for them would be even better. What Would Jesus Charge?

If you're going to jam every unimportant aspect of Jesus life down people's throats as if the non spiritual aspects we all just as outstanding as the spiritual message, it's time for Christian robes, sandals, haircuts, etc.
Don't forget mothers, you want your children to roam the country aimlessly on foot crashing wedding parties with a group of 12 male friends (conspicuously lacking female companions)- most of them with shady backgrounds, and don't call him a hippie when he does it.

Be sure to call the Christian Travel Agency and book the next mule to Jerusalem.

And above all, WWJD- Where Would Jesus Defecate? I didn't read anything about indoor plumbing in the gospels!

[edit on 6-8-2005 by The Vagabond]

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I'm waiting for the "Revelations" diet. Or maybe someone would help me concoct it? Anyone? We could make money

The "Revelations Diet" would make a person a fortune and is easy to follow.

Eat and Drink all you want , nothing is forbidden, have second and thirds of everything

The Catch:

The world is going to be destroyed real soon anyway, so enjoy!

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Bible Bars? That's a new one!
What are they going to come up with next? The dieting fad is getting out of hand.

Originally posted by dgtempe

Plenty of horse meat. Use your credit card for everything you buy. Don't ask questions. Just do it.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Would this be the right place to plug my biblical fast and cleanse protocol.

For only $399.95 you will recieve the following:

1) One large cross (oak or cedar your choice)

2) Three large spikes.

3) One crown (hand crafted from the finest romanian thorns).

4) One hammer.

Our special technician Glen (centurion costume optional) will come to your home set up your meditation cross, nail you to it and return fourteen days later.

If your still alive you will feel cleansed and refreshed. If you do it right you'll die and come back just in time for easter.

Any takers?

Spiderj

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Jesus ate whatever he wanted, if he wanted hot wings *magic* he got them! and he had a bowflex so he kept in shape. He was a pacifist however that never stopped him from the local fight clubs.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by 00PS
Should they make a Kosher Diet for Jews and a Muhammad Diet for Muslims?

Yup, you want to have all your bases covered. Especially when you're charging that much and obviously in it for the money, and nothing to do with helping people, making people healthier or helping them lose weight.

Of course you will probably want a Budhist one too -- oh wait, isnt that already part of their basis philosiphy?

What about Hindu?

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Jesus was a Jew who kept Kosher and an Islamic diet is almost the same, but I think allows some things that Jews don't (shellfish?)

I think a Jewish Kosher diet would be acceptable to Jesus and all kosher Jews as well as all Muslims.

[edit on 8/16/2005 by djohnsto77]

new topics

top topics

join