It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bye bye patreon

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I used Patreon to support someone doing art I really like.

Just yesterday I received a mail from Patreon, that they will spend 50k$ to BLM, and I am fine with it, it is okay for me. Saw it a few minutes ago in my mailbox. But then I noticed this sentence:

and other organizations on the front line.

I will not finance terrorism and riots through the fees they get. Hope it fits into this forum because it is not a rant.

Now, there is a link to a blog entry made on beginning of June. This entry is more than two weeks old and I just got the news now.
blog.patreon.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Good for you, that's how we get the attention of those companies we disagree with. We don't burn them down, we just don't support them.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten
I found a way to support that person without patreon as a middle man

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Even better!

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain
Just yesterday I received a mail from Patreon, that they will spend 50k$ to BLM

I guess Patreon was too good to be true.

2d line.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

I am about to stop with amazon. That will be very hard. Hell Walmart and Target support these groups as well. Where to shop? If you look around they have practically destroyed all local retail over the years...

The only thing that I have done over the years is to support Project Veritas over the years through Amazon Smile. I mean it's almost hopeless the way they stealthed in and took over everything the way they did.

"Hey, shop here, its so easy and shipping is free! and oh yeah, by the way, we support the destruction of your way of life and communism is great! Have a nice day!"

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Fools
I lived more rural before I moved to this place and I am guilty of using Amazon because of the high quality deliver services they offer.

I get things there that can not be bought in a shop, supermarket or specialized store in the vincinity. I would spend a lot of fuel and time, just to drive around looking for whatever it is I need, just to be let down with zero results.

Best example is my pizza stone I bought. There are none in the region to be found. The other online shops did not have that size and thickness I needed, so it was Amazon again. I could have poured my own but food safety, I was not sure.

Add: The one shop that said they have pizza stones, actually had none when I came and they said to me they have to order it. Probably would have gotten a cheap one from Amazon anyways, deliver time a day, yeah I hear the bells ring...
edit on 17.6.2020 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 07:33 AM
link   
If you want to support Joe Biden, send money to Patreon, so they can send the money to BLM, which actually links to ActBlue.... who donates it to the DNC.

I'll pass.

http://http://just the news
edit on b000000302020-06-17T07:47:58-05:0007America/ChicagoWed, 17 Jun 2020 07:47:58 -0500700000020 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy
If that is the case, I change my mind and am not okay with the support of BLM like that anymore.

It does not matter what I am okay with or not. No one is interested in that though, even less the big companies. But support is gone from me anyway.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I use Patreon to support the modders on Nexus
Not now
Change that to used to.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   
George Floyd was part of the creative community.

Sugarcoat much Patreon?

Unjustly murdered....YES

Part of the "creative community"....you mean "criminal community?"
edit on 6/17/2020 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Good news then. You will not be financing riots and terrorism. Instead that money is laundered to the DNC.
edit on 17-6-2020 by drewlander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

You beat me to it. Nice work.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I'm boycotting all groups who support any of this nonsense. I will not support blm either. They had my smypathy at first, now they are just a racist group fronting for the radical left. No thanks.

I could however be down with police reform. But, no race deserves preferential treatment over another.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

Good news then. You will not be financing riots and terrorism. Instead that money is laundered to the DNC.

Is almost the same currently.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Fools

Hell Walmart and Target support these groups as well. 

If that true is it since after the Minneapolis Walmart got looted as it now sounds like a protection racket .

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: DoctorBluechip

Do you think the rioters care or even know about where the money comes from? They just want to loot the place for personal gain.

Rioters is not the same as peaceful protests and voicing an opinion. When will you learn that?

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 09:18 AM
link   

If you say so .

Are you a hot German babe ?

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: DoctorBluechip

If you say so .

Good that we can agree at least once

Are you a hot German babe ?

That is up to viewers perception, as always.

Counter question:
What is more degrading to you, constantly loosing arguments to a hot or a cold women? Why does it matter?

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to:
ThatDamnDuckAgain

I'm immune from degradation .

Right now it doesn't matter , all that matters is this triple decker sandwich with bacon cheese lettuce tomato onion mayo and sauce on brown bread..
Let me know if you fancy a trip to England

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join