It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About time Nissan!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Look like Nissan is finally moving forward with a new line up. They've already shown us the new Rogue, and with this video they give us a little teaser of the new Z.

It looks like they followed through with giving it more of a 240/280 look.

Can't wait to see it in color, and what it's actual specs are.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Loving what I'm seeing of the new Z, that sloping front looks great!

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

I currently drive a nissan with 2 airbags under recall and some kind of spring under recall. Closest dealer is 4h drive away and they wont authorize any local shops to do the job.

I will never own another pos Nissan!

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: cognizant420

How unfortunate for you.

Every Nissan I've owned has been good to me.

The only instances where they weren't was when I bought old #boxes to fix up. In which case it was expected.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Churchhousecreeper
Loving what I'm seeing of the new Z, that sloping front looks great!

It sure does. I love the back end as well.

The specs I've heard is that is going to be a twin turbo v6.

Soooo, looks like I'm going to be buying one. Hell, even if it didn't have twin turbskies I'd probably buy it.

Honestly, even if it didn't have a v6 I'd probably buy it, and stick a turbocharged v6 in it.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: cognizant420

I will never own another pos Nissan!

I 2nd that.
Nissan's are crap!

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I have a stock 2016 370z nismo with less than 11k miles on it paid in full.

If the new z looks awesome I "could" trade in for the rumored 400hp $58,000 model if it materializes. Maybe get 30k on the trade so 28k for 55 more horsepower and a newer chassis and interior.

I could also end up doing 3 inch intakes and an air to air supercharger kit with bad ass exhaust for 15k or so.

So do I spend 28k more on the new rumored 400hp z if it arrives in 2021, or do I supercharge my 370z nismo for almost half that cost and get arround 400whp without any increased risk to my stock motor with less than 11k miles on it?

Grrr damn you Nissan for making me decide. I'm worried the toyota supra forced their hand, and Nissan has been sending many mixed signals regarding a new z since 2009.

I love my 6 speed manual, and there was no way I was going to be dropping bigger cash on a car that beats mine by miliseconds but only offers an automatic trans.

Shame on toyota for making the decision so easy between keeping my 370 and buying a new supra this year, but this possible counter move by Nissan for 2021 has too much rumor and too little facts to help this poor z owner flesh out a good decision at this moment.

Guess I will sit tight and see what 2021 brings before deciding.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I love my Nissan Xterra 4x4. 250k mi and nothing except normal maintenance and tires.

200k mi on a Datsun pick up before the name change.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevenmonet

I was in that same boat a few years ago. I had a 6 speed Nismo 370. And I loved that thing. I was whooping on some Stang booty with it. Car spec to car spec is one thing, but actually getting behind the wheel and putting unskilled people to the test is another.

As far as car modifications go. It's always a tough call. I was in the same boat. But I like to push it. For me it was do I risk blowing an engine with twin turbo or swap in an LS, and throw in a sequential shift and some other stuff.

I too have been wary of all the rumors out there about the new Zs specs.

But in the case if the rumors of it having a V6 twin turbo setup turn out to be false I'll probably just buy a base model and swap the engine.

I was wary about how it would look too. I was worried it would be ugly. I love the way the backend is looking, but I'm still skeptical about the front end. I can't really make out how the grill and headlights look.

Another thing is what the interior looks like. I actually liked the interior of the Z. The Nismo interior was minimalistic, but the alcantera Recaro seats were nice, and the steering wheel felt nice.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I'm a big Xterra fan. I keep hoping one of these days they'll bring the Xterra back

The Datsun trucks are nice as well. I've never owned one personally, but I have some friends who have some, and they look nice and drive quite well.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Christ, that video sucked.
"Our cars are so cool, we need to film in the dark."
Cool music though.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   

A 370 stock motor can take about 600 hp at the crank without any work on the heads. I have seen them go to 100k miles with 500whp. If I mod mine I would be well below that limit and with the 2-3k miles I put on mine per. year it will still be purring when I'm dead. Thinking supercharger because I don't want all the maintenance of turbos. I've seen great results with 3 inch intakes, test pipes and the air to air mod for the stillen kits.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   

One day I hope to own a GT-R!
Man, those puppies are nice!

Here's a souped out one.... 3.5 Seconds from 100km/h to 200km/h! (you can see that from the 9:10 mark)

edit on 16-6-2020 by TortoiseKweek because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevenmonet

I know. I said I like to push it.

And when I got to thinking about it. I decided it was pointless to do what I was planning to do on a Nismo and sold it.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TortoiseKweek

I don't care much for the new GTRs. They're cool and all, but I'm a Z guy through and through.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I'm currently a 370z driver.
Never owned anything I love as much as my car.

Been looking forward to the release of next Z since 2018.
Z's are great cars, built for minimalists. I can't comment on the rest of the Nissan line-up, don't care much for the rest.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 07:46 AM
link   
We probably have a lot to discuss...

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

Sure, anytime.

That's the reason I love the Z cars. I've owned more Z31s than I can count. My favorite ones though are the 240-280Z.

Nice sleek curves and edges, minimalistic interior.

These things were serious competitors back in the day.

Paul Newman raced in these things.

The Z32 300ZX is considered one of the most iconic tuner cars.

The 350Z was meh.

The 370Z was an improvement on the 350.
But it lacked a factory turbocharged system.

I don't remember the exact price, but at the time I was planning on putting in a twin turbo system on my Z it was going to cost me somewhere between 20 or 30 thousand after everything was said and done.

With this new Z it seems almost too good to be true.
It's everything I've wanted in a Z.

It's got the lines of the older 240Z,
And it's got modern power.
With the rumour of being a twin turbo V6.

I just hope that the economy doesn't prevent them from selling well.

They have an unfortunate history of poor Z sell because of the economy.

The failure of the Z32 to sell as well as it could have was pretty much from the economy, and the 90's being stupid for cars.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 03:58 AM
link   
The 240's, z31 and z32 was a bit before my time.

I was 10 years old when the 350z came out, and for some reason the lines caught me.
As a kid I was completely smitten with the 350z, I knew it wasn't the fastest, or the best, but it was affordable and looked beautiful. It was just different from everything else.

The 370z was a much hoped for improvement. Bigger engine, wider body, better handling etc.
I hear you complain about the lack of a turbo, but naturally aspirated engines are a thing of the past - a dying breed.

But this in part is why I love the 370z so much.
You can add a turbo, cool air intakes, and much much more.

It's incredibly modifiable and built with modification in mind.
Even when stock it's a fantastic vehicle. Simple, sleek and purpose-built.

I'm very happy to see the design and aesthetics giving credit to the 240, it's also a beautiful machine and a legend for it's time. The 370z is just the best Z of my time, show me another vehicle brand offering up an affordable 3.7L that's naturally aspirated and has a sound so unique... Only hitting max torque @ 7500RPM.

In a world filled with turbo-charged 2.0L's or even twin-turbo 1.4L's the Z remains different, unique, and I suppose this is why I love it so much.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

I don't know. Naturally aspirated engines have their benefits.

Turbos and superchargers make things a hell of a lot more fun though.

The 350 did have that going for it. There were so many of them you could find used ones for cheap. And those weren't too bad on the bank to modify.

As far as the modifying potential of the VQ37 it's there, but you have to spend a lot of money and time on it.

The only thing that's trustworthy without building up the engine is small turbo or supercharger.

After 400 horsepower you're looking at building the engine up and spending more money.

I was going to twin turbo my Nismo with two Xonarotors, bore and sleeve the engine, increase the intake and exhaust. Put in better fuel injectors, and a bevy of other things.

It would have cost me 20 something thousand dollars. But I was looking at pushing over 1000hp at 35psi.

In the end though I had already spent $43k on the Nismo, and I kind of lost interest in spending another $30k+ after everything was said and done. So, I sold it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join