It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China vs India - 20 Indian Soldiers Killed; 43 Chinese Casualties

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   
First reports have been downplayed it appears

20 Indian Soldiers Killed; 43 Chinese Casualties

India said the clash arose from "an attempt by the Chinese side to unilaterally change the status quo" on the border.

New Delhi: Twenty Indian soldiers including a Colonel were killed in a "violent face-off" on Monday night with Chinese troops at Galwan Valley in Ladakh, in the most serious escalation at the border in five decades, at a time soldiers of both sides were in the process of disengagement. More than 43 Chinese soldiers have been killed or seriously injured, reported news agency ANI quoting sources.

www.ndtv.com...

I will post updates when I can to this thread so I can keep my China / India face off information in one place.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   

The clash took place just as Chinese troops were getting ready to move away from a location per an agreement. The Colonel was reportedly assaulted with stones and Indian soldiers retaliated, which led to close unarmed combat for several hours. The soldiers disengaged after midnight.
a reply to: Smarties

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Bout normal .
A little less than '59 though , I believe.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Several hours of close unarmed combat resulting in 50+ casulaties?

Must have been quite a peaceful demonstration

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Bout normal .
A little less than '59 though , I believe.

They really tried to play this one down, the original statement said 3 Indian soldiers killed and 5 Chinese lol. Now the truth is starting to leak through the cracks this was a lot more serious than people realise.

I think India played down the significance at first because Modi is worried about public demands for retaliation against the Chinese. The cat is out of the bag, there will be a lot of Indian's demanding revenge now, will just have to wait and see how big the public backlash is going to be lol.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
Several hours of close unarmed combat resulting in 50+ casulaties?

Must have been quite a peaceful demonstration

LOL, sounds like downtown Atlanta the other night haha

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Sound's about right, the Indian soldier's may be sporting older weapon's but they are the better soldiers and that will tell in any soldier on soldier action such as this.

Look's like China is trying to bully India, a bad move on China's part as India is more likely to retaliate in force than not and in fact most of the Indian populace will demand it of there leaders since Indian nationalism is currently very strong within the country.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Several hours fist fight and dead people,

Like I see it, Chinese cast the first stone, literally, while retreating. Indians got mad or brave, chasing and overstepping the border and then it all unfolded.

At least if they go bonkers and nuclear, this time I do not have to fear shot down, nuclear tipped missiles falling into my backyard. As morbid as it sounds.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain

Several hours fist fight and dead people,

Like I see it, Chinese cast the first stone, literally, while retreating. Indians got mad or brave, chasing and overstepping the border and then it all unfolded.

At least if they go bonkers and nuclear, this time I do not have to fear shot down, nuclear tipped missiles falling into my backyard. As morbid as it sounds.

Why now ?
After all the times since the 50s ?

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

'IF' and let's hope it remains 'IF' they go nuclear it will affect you, it will affect global weather and also since both nations have older nuclear arsenal's with very dirty bomb's the fallout and radiation cloud from a major exchange would make Chernobyl+Fukashima combined look like child's spilled drink by comparison, there arsenal's are also large enough should then exchange even ten percent of them to cause a global cooling affect similar to a major volcanic eruption which could also have major climactic implication's elsewhere in the world, the Himalaya's are also a major structure in the world's weather pattern and act to control climate not just close by that range but far and wide affecting global air current's.

So should they go Nuke even a limited exchange that is very bad news even if you are in sunny Texas or Patagonia which is probably as far from there as you can get, some radiation and fallout will eventually get to you, perhaps not as much as the nearby military tests in the 40's, 50's and 60's but more than enough to be a concern and you would also potentially notice weather disturbances as a result, especially if they used in excess of ten percent of there nuclear arsenal's and not just primitive tactical nukes but area affect bomb's.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   
F*%& Chinas government.
Using the pandemic to try to screw everyone over after already screwing the whole planet over by attempting to cover up the virus.

Waging economic warfare on Australia,Trying to steal territory from India and others,treating African migrants worse than a steroid abusing wife beating US cop treats African americans,generally spreading misinformation and forcing the WHO and EU to play along,abusing enslaving and torturing their own people on a scale which makes the holocaust look like an amateur job.

I am on Indias side here if you didn't guess.
I am no fan of Modi,but I love India.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
F*%& Chinas government.
Using the pandemic to try to screw everyone over after already screwing the whole planet over by attempting to cover up the virus.

Waging economic warfare on Australia,Trying to steal territory from India and others,treating African migrants worse than a steroid abusing wife beating US cop treats African americans,generally spreading misinformation and forcing the WHO and EU to play along,abusing enslaving and torturing their own people on a scale which makes the holocaust look like an amateur job.

I am on Indias side here if you didn't guess.
I am no fan of Modi,but I love India.

Trying to steal territory from India

Really ?
Research the history of both disputed areas.
Come back and edit.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
Sound's about right, the Indian soldier's may be sporting older weapon's but they are the better soldiers and that will tell in any soldier on soldier action such as this.

Look's like China is trying to bully India, a bad move on China's part as India is more likely to retaliate in force than not and in fact most of the Indian populace will demand it of there leaders since Indian nationalism is currently very strong within the country.

Yeah I agree, I am already seeing some Indians going crazy on twitter. Yeah the Indian soldiers are a lot better than the Chinese, its a case of not what you have but how you use it

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 12:46 PM
link   

to be honest I don't knows whats worse guns or clubs, they beat each other to death with clubs and stones. I mean this must have be real neanderthal stuff.

link   

www.bbc.co.uk...

I have no reluctance in saying that despite the large number of Indian nationalists that joined the enemy side during WW2 the Indian soldiers remained among the very best in the British Empire.
China is not taking this into account, they seem to have miscalculated and made the mistake of thinking India is a straw dog when in fact it is a sleeping Tiger just waiting to be provoked into action.

link   
a reply to: LABTECH767
I agree, I was talking about live nuclear warheads flying over my country in case of US - Russia nuclear exchange. This time the conflict is very far away and I am not in line of sight. A little relief but it is one.

Maybe you understood me wrong, I do never wish for any nuclear exchange ever.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I am not that old, I was born shortly before the wall in Berlin came down. I was always aware my country is in line of sight between your government and the Russian one.

I am very glad a lot of bases get closed now, less reasons to drop a nuclear one into my country for hosting your bases.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

I agree again, the Chinese under estimated the Indian soldiers, these guys are so used to high altitude warfare also, they are really hard. China definitely got a bloody nose on this one.

The Indian CO went there to check the soldiers where leaving as per agreement and the Chinese didn't like it I believe and attacked him and killed him. Then all hell broke loose. I really do think this was China's fault and that they are itching for a fight but don't want to be seen as the bad guy.

edit on 16-6-2020 by Smarties because: typo

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain
a reply to: Gothmog

I am not that old, I was born shortly before the wall in Berlin came down. I was always aware my country is in line of sight between your government and the Russian one.

I am very glad a lot of bases get closed now, less reasons to drop a nuclear one into my country for hosting your bases.

Wait , what ?
When I mentioned the 50's I was referring to the start of the China-India dispute .
Technically , the dispute started in the 1800s.
So ,. what does any country , except Britain , China , and India have to do with my post ?

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   
There is a poll going on on twitter, 56% want to declare war on China haha
23% want diplomatic stance
17% want peace talks.

Not many votes yet but will be interesting to watch.

twitter.com...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join