It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump signs safe policing executive order

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

exactly its not perfect but it shows hes at least listening an you hit on a pretty often over looked point two of the only groups that get killed by police at much higher ratios then the African American community are native Americans(you didnt bring them up so not like calling you out) and the mentally ill which you did bring up and that is one of the police reforms id most like to see that has been brought up by BLM and other groups . currently we have CIT teams that have mitigated some of that problem of cops being much more likely to light up the mentally ill then other group ,and like trumps EO is a start in the right direction but not a complete answer

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   
www.reuters.com... m=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR1tR7i_4JitiIKLwDglE-BrZEQQfIsNpyS9PII4XYP1KadeB3Vop6imglU well the qualified immunity issue will apparently have to be settled by congress vs SCOTUS or baring that a new EO as all but Clarence Thomas seemed to treat the matter as settled

Among the cases the justices declined to hear was a dispute over whether officers in Tennessee can be sued for using a police dog that bit a man who has said he had put up his hands in surrender. Justice Clarence Thomas, a skeptic of qualified immunity, said in a dissent that the court should have heard that case. The court could still take up other qualified immunity cases.
so for now they seem to consider the matter settled but they have not put off taking up other such cases at a later time so hopefully they will issue some kind of ruling on one of the more contentious issues of those wanting some kind of reform for police on the aspect of qualified immunity which had its precedent set over 50 years ago

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
Now it's time for the handwringing panty waists to tell us how bad reform is going to be.

...and within a few posts of this prediction we understand the old adage "Speak of the Devil and he shall appear." That said, you may as well have predicted that the sun will rise in the East or water will moisten a paper towel for as much of a stretch as the prediction required.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
...and within a few posts of this prediction we understand the old adage "Speak of the Devil and he shall appear." That said, you may as well have predicted that the sun will rise in the East or water will moisten a paper towel for as much of a stretch as the prediction required.

One thing I've learned in sales is how predictable people really are.

Sad but true.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
One thing I've learned in sales is how predictable people really are.

I'd make a hooker joke but you're right, it is sad.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

They're right.

You're unhinged.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

seems hes pretty clearly saying violence isnt the answer read riots and that it wont help them in the slightest

Property destruction isn’t violence. It’s property destruction. To be violent, an act has to be a forceful attack against a person. An object is just an object.

The statement above isn’t some crazy concept. It’s how things work.

People over property. A bunch of insured objects getting destroyed shouldn’t be cause for the police to violently attack people. There wouldn’t be Gay rights in America if it weren’t for the Stonewall riots. Civil rights wouldn’t be where it is without the good and the bad parts of the protest movement of the 1960s and 1970s. Including riots. It’s an ugly truth, but it’s the truth.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   

www.foxnews.com... again MLK own family disagrees with you least per the context of the quote your perverting

In a May 31 op-ed for Fox News, King wrote she was saddened to see that her uncle's famous quote -- "violence is the language of the unheard" -- was being taken out of context. "MLK spoke those words in defense of non-violence; he refused to promote violence as a solution to the ills of society," she said.
so i would be careful with your argument of the ends justify the means that you seem intent on using again against MLK own views as pretty much the greatest civil rights advocate in American history

and in context of your its not violence statment tell that to the 22+ killed so far at the various protests/riots en.wikipedia.org... which per wikipedia for what its worth have resulted in 200 million in damages and over 11k arrests
edit on 16-6-2020 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

They're right.

You're unhinged.

And you’re apparently just like them. Even when the order itself is laid out completely for what it is, you still defend an overreaching government. Except you’re worse, because at least they’re honest about their partisanship instead of riding the fence and acting impartial.
edit on 16-6-2020 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-6-2020 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

I think this executive order is a definite step in the right direction.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

They're right.

You're unhinged.

And you’re apparently just like them. Even when the order itself is laid out completely for what it is, you still defend an overreaching government. Except you’re worse, because at least they’re honest about their partisanship instead of riding the fence and acting impartial.

Wait, I've done this one before... accusing someone who isn't 100% towing the extremist line of suddenly playing for the other team.
This is a fun read, carry on. For what it's worth, Gryph lapped you a couple times already, but it's still fun to see somebody charging hard at the leader trying to get to Lap 496 just as the car that passed them is about to complete their 500th on that Miracle Mile.
edit on 16-6-2020 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 09:35 PM
link   

They're right.

You're unhinged.

Right. You're right. And I've NEVER agreed with you on basically anything. I was almost banned entirely from ATS once because of our heated exchanges.

Yet here I am. Agreeing with you.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Who ever holds Trumps leash has applied a choke hold . It amazes Me this is the same man who a week or so agaio was saying looting starts shooting starts Hiring his own fed prison guard task force wile hiding in the basement '
No just look at the way he speaks it is easy to see he is just prating what him handlers are telling him to .

Trump calm and not a tweet in site yea he has been reined in .
as for the bill or what ever it is unless there is clear and out side teh police department over site it will change nothing Police policing police will fail every time .

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: discordantone
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Totally on-board with wet willys and noogies, but purple nurples? You sadistic monster!

He forgot to mention snake bites.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   

S&F for credit where credit is due.

President Trump sent a strong message today.

The Democrats had better start paying attention in a big way.
Gave you a star for this Gryph. Credit where credit is due.
We will see what the protesters do.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join