It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump signs safe policing executive order

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Totally on-board with wet willys and noogies, but purple nurples? You sadistic monster!

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I feel safer now.

Were police departments always federally funded or is this something new?

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

originally posted by: okrian
Good lord, what a garbled mess of a speaker Trump is. He really needs to stick to the teleprompters (as painful as that is to watch as he moves through it at a snails pace) so we can actually get some facts as opposed to constantly repeating a embarrassing barrage of waste-of-space used car salesman adjectives over and over again. The world is only dumber for having watched that.

Wtf? YOU are a garbled mess! This is a GOOD thing mmmkay? The # is wrong with you people?

This isn't the mudpit. It isn't about me. Relax. Which part is a good thing? The vague executive order or the part where he was defending the police and talked about cracking down harder? Which part are we cherrypicking here?
edit on 16-6-2020 by okrian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Good job Trump!

Police are now encouraged to change how they deal with the public.

Problem solved.

Anyone complaining after this must clearly be making it up. We all saw this executive order.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
a reply to: trollz

HA HA!! No one was wearing a stinking mask!!

Bravo!

And hopefully this E.O. will stop police from shooting people in the back!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Chase them, and tackle them, like they do on Chicago P.D..

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I think the Trump administration refusing to wear masks is something we can all get behind.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Good job Trump!

Problem solved.

Anyone complaining after this must clearly be making it up. We all saw this executive order.

It's like the Supreme Court ruling that LGBTQ people can't be fired because they're LGBTQ. Every employer who wants to, will pick another "official" reason for terminating the employee. Many Executive Orders are primarily for show also.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Good job Trump!

Problem solved.

Really?

I think we can say that this is a positive action at the very least, can't we?

He can't enact law with an EO.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   
It is sad how Trump sitting down with BLM families and works things out without the ANTIFA thugs is perceived as something bad, somehow.

Now you all know why the tweet from his son was deleted. He tries to solve this, unlike some here sitting in their arm chair and licking the spit from each others mouths, what a circle jerk.

edit on 16-6-2020 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   

a reply to: carewemust

I think the Trump administration refusing to wear masks is something we can all get behind.

Chicago just hired a bunch of mask and social-distancing enforcers. I'm gonna have fun with them! haha.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   
lol.... carry on..

a reply to: okrian

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Good job Trump!

Problem solved.

Really?

I think we can say that this is a positive action at the very least, can't we?

He can't enact law with an EO.

Forgive me for not falling to my knees when the person who has done nothing but inflame tensions between police and people protesting police violence signs a toothless executive order “encouraging” police to do better.

Give me a break. This is the same person who called people protesting police violence domestic terrorists and had them gassed and shot with rubber bullets so he could do a photo op holding a bible.

Any fool can say anything, what matters is what a person does.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Pure hyperbole.

And what Trump has done, today, is enact an Executive Order that has positive effects for all Americans.

Thats an action, not just words. You're not even holding to your own statement.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Rioters get tear gassed along with rubber bullets. You think riots are OK? Want to defund police? Want anarchy? Wtf do you WANT?
edit on 16-6-2020 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   

And what Trump has done, today, is enact an Executive Order that has positive effects for all Americans.

Go Gryphon
Get your Trump on
It's your birthday
Get your Trump on

I thought I'd been drinking too much but it's only Tuesday and Beer:30 is still three days away.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   

You call it protesting, Trump was calling out on the rioters. You know, CHAZ CHOP, the looting, burning down innocents houses, group beatings, basically everything you are willing to let happen for the cause that it hurts the other partie.

But of course you call it protesting.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

If you think my fingertips are not burning typing those words, you're utterly mistaken.

I know it's hard to believe, but I liked Mr. Trump back in the day. Whoever came upwith this EO idea is pretty savvy.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Pure hyperbole.

Thats an action, not just words. You're not even holding to your own statement.

What’s hyperbole?

Did he not have protestors gassed and shot with rubber bullets so he could do a photo op?

Did he not label them domestic terrorists to the enjoyment of almost everyone on this forum?

You may feel this is a glorious thing that makes everything better, but to me its too little way too late.

It’s a pathetic attempt to try to close the barn door after the horse is out and it’s ammo for his supporters to claim that he’s trying to do something about police violence. That’s it. It’s politics.

Throwing a few funds towards de-escalation programs for police doesn’t mean crap when funding is increasing at an astronomical rate for the militarization of police and their training for using those military weapons against the general public.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Exaggeration.

Yes. He did, and I blasted him for it.

Yes. He did, and I blasted him for it.

No, I don't feel that it's a glorious thing, but it's a damn sight better than calling out the damned military.

Of course, it's a political move. But it is fundamentally different than anything he or the Republcians have done before.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Sounds like good stuff. Wish he could get a bill written and voted on instead of an eo though.

has he lost all his pull to get bills passed.

Is he now only governing through eo like people say obama did?
Serious question because we need some good policing bills now not later.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join