It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The black community should unite to start a new U.S. political party

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 11:11 AM
link   
In national elections, black Americans overwhelmingly vote Democrat. I believe the average percentage is somewhere between 80 and 90%. If the recent unrest is any indication, obviously, that has done little to benefit the black community over the years. It's time to try something new.

Screw the Democrat party. Screw the Republican party too. I think the best course of action the black community could take would be to start a new political party. Call it the Justice Party.

Now, both Democrats and Republicans will try to tell you this is a bad idea. That alone should tell you you’re on the right track. Democrats and Republicans can’t agree on anything. If the only thing they agree on is the black community shouldn't start their own party, that tells you the one thing they care about--holding on to power--is in jeopardy.

This would have two immediate short-term effects:

1) The Democrats would never win another Presidential election. (Keep reading, because the Republicans are gonna get what's coming to them too.) So what if the Democrats lose in November? What has “winning” presidential elections with the Democrat party netted for the black community? Some assurances that they won’t let those evil Republicans institute “racist” voter ID because Democrats think you’re too dumb to figure out how to get one even if it’s free? You had a black Democrat president for 8 years, and at one point during those 8 years Democrats controlled both the House and had a supermajority in the Senate with Independents that caucus with them. They literally could have passed anything with zero Republican votes needed. The Republicans were completely powerless. Did your life change drastically for the better? Did they fix racial injustice? Did they do criminal justice reform? Did they reform police? No.

If you really believe our laws are racially unjust, the President can’t fix that. Congress must change the law. Which brings me to the other short-term effect:

2) If most of the black members of Congress left the Republican and Democrat parties to join the Justice party, neither Democrats nor Republicans would be able to pass anything on their own with the numbers they’d have left. This would make the Justice party, while the smallest of the three, a critical voting bloc that would be necessary to pass any major legislation. Sure, the Democrats and Republicans might work together to pass some minor things over Justice’s head, but when have the Democrats and Republicans worked together on anything serious in recent years? They would need Justice’s votes to get anything significant done, and that would give Justice real power. Justice would be able to extract concessions from the other parties and get real reforms done, rather than the token bones Democrats toss you every now and then to keep you voting for them.

Of course, the Republican president could still veto things, but Justice could negotiate with him/her the same way they do with the two major parties. If you veto X, we won’t vote for Y, and you won’t get any of your major election promises done. They would be able to extract concessions from the president as well.

The black community could finally get some serious work done in Congress to fix things.

In the long term, this could have major ramifications for the U.S. political structure. There’s a lot of libertarians that would love to break away from the Republican party, but don’t because we’re pragmatists and realize if we did, we’d be handing elections to the Democrats. With the Democrat party weakened, Libertarians could finally split off from the Republicans and form a serious party, as opposed to the joke the Libertarian party currently is.

And who knows, the Justice party may inspire other ethnic groups, such as Hispanics, to form their own party as well, further weakening the Democrats and Republicans. Personally, I think that would be a very good thing. The Democrats and Republicans have been in charge for decades, and all they do is screw everything up. It’s time for a major shift in the U.S. political party structure. And the black community has the power and the numbers to make it happen.

If you want a revolution, how’s that for a start?

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

They would have to stop killing each other long enough for this to happen.
Then the white democrats that voted for them would be gone so good luck.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   

You want to further divide the "humans"?

Sorry...should be 1 race, no parties. It's gotta stop somewhere...and your suggestion to do so....doesn't help.

To-getherness. All. One world, one race...quit tipping the cart backwards.

Peace...to every-damn-body

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   
"Black community"?

Why does every demographic have to have claims of "community"?

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I've been saying this for years. The black community has been neutered politically because we are too concentrated with the Democrat party.

The Democrats never fulfill their promises because they know 95% of us will vote for Democrats anyway and they also support policies that are damaging to the black community.

The Republicans can win without us so they don't care either. However, they have more to gain by getting our votes because the Democrats would be practically shutout without with the black vote (which is why they are pandering so much to Hispanics now).

The black community needs a contract with America type of platform. We need to list the four or five things that are important to us as a community. See which party is going to fix it / offer it up and vote en masse.

The problem is the black community leadership has been compromised / sold out to the leftist Democrats.

I will say that many are starting to wake up. A few weeks ago, music exec. Diddy kind of raised some eyebrows stating something similar. Even Charlamagne the God has been somewhat going down this road.

edit on 16-6-2020 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
In national elections, black Americans overwhelmingly vote Democrat. I believe the average percentage is somewhere between 80 and 90%. If the recent unrest is any indication, obviously, that has done little to benefit the black community over the years. It's time to try something new.

You do realize they don't have the numbers for national elections, right? They may get some representatives in the house but forget the senate or whitehouse. If as we've been told by some of our members here, the black population is around 13-15% that's nowhere near enough votes. This is a case where it would take major numbers of other voters to add to the new black party for them to win.

The idea in practice would further divide our country so there is that too.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Yea, we should further divide every one into political parties. We'll have:

The white party
The black party
The white men who identify as a black woman party.
The Vietnamese party.
The black women party
The white women party.
The Chinese party
The jew party.
The people who have a one story house party.

I mean, the possibilities are endless. The next debate will be a hoot.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   

IDK where to start what I find wrong with this idea.

- A political party that is based on skin color, named "Justice Party"
- The overgeneralizing you perpetuate by saying all X are the same

Then this:

And who knows, the Justice party may inspire other ethnic groups, such as Hispanics, to form their own party as well

Yeah each with their ethnic candidate trying to enforce whatever they want to have. This does not sound like a good idea at all. Wouldn't it be better, when the ethnicity would not matter, but the idea to make things better for everyone, not just one group?

I seldom say this but the idea of closed skin colored or closed ethnic politic parties isis extreme racist. Coming from a German!!! Wake up!!!

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Isn't that similar to what the white supremacists have done?
That is viewed negatively isn't it?

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain

Then this:

And who knows, the Justice party may inspire other ethnic groups, such as Hispanics, to form their own party as well

Yeah each with their ethnic candidate trying to enforce whatever they want to have. This does not sound like a good idea at all. Wouldn't it be better, when the ethnicity would not matter, but the idea to make things better for everyone, not just one group?

I seldom say this but the idea of closed skin colored or closed ethnic politic parties isis extreme racist. Coming from a German!!! Wake up!!!

I have long been in favor of a no-party system. Put the candidates out there, let's see what they stand for and vote accordingly. No more this side of the isle or that side of the isle, but it'll never happen.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Sheer impossibility. The very first time a black candidate got voted out they would riot and claim discrimination.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
"Black community"?

Why does every demographic have to have claims of "community"?

Agreed, thanks.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   
There's a bit of a paradox. In order to be black, you must support Joe Biden, but that means you are not supporting the Justice party. If you support the Justice party, you are not supporting Biden, which means you ain't black.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Your OP radiates racism...and sadly...therein lies the problem...and you don't see that.

Maybe that's your intent?
Peace...again

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

Then this:

I have long been in favor of a no-party system. Put the candidates out there, let's see what they stand for and vote accordingly. No more this side of the isle or that side of the isle, but it'll never happen.

I kind of agree with this. Each individual should be able to stand on their own.

The issue though is that our system is setup to favor two parties. Or maybe it is just the natural order of things.

I don't agree with Republicans on everything. Democrats have some polices that I've liked over the years. The problem as an individual is finding which candidate / party supports the things that are important to you. It is impossible to be in 100% agreement on every issue.

I am more libertarian than anything. Republicans tend to mostly align with my beliefs. This is why you have Rand Paul types in the party. He'd never win as an independent (Or most likely wouldnt).

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder
Yea, we should further divide every one into political parties. We'll have:

The white party
The black party
The white men who identify as a black woman party.
The Vietnamese party.
The black women party
The white women party.
The Chinese party
The jew party.
The people who have a one story house party.

I mean, the possibilities are endless. The next debate will be a hoot.

Never forget the "Rent Is Too Damn High Party"
Jimmy McMillan would still get my vote for president.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten
Chances are very low in my opinion, too.

Everyone has their set of values. I think it is natural to group with those that have the most aligned view in a politic scenario, as a force multiplier.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Sure, go ahead split the vote and help Trump win.

Help the GOP survive since they may be on their last legs.

You can get some egomaniac to do this. Just pay him or her some money and they'll be glad to help Trump win.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: HalWesten

Then this:

I kind of agree with this. Each individual should be able to stand on their own.

The issue though is that our system is setup to favor two parties. Or maybe it is just the natural order of things.

I don't agree with Republicans on everything. Democrats have some polices that I've liked over the years. The problem as an individual is finding which candidate / party supports the things that are important to you. It is impossible to be in 100% agreement on every issue.

I am more libertarian than anything. Republicans tend to mostly align with my beliefs. This is why you have Rand Paul types in the party. He'd never win as an independent (Or most likely wouldnt).

I think our political system evolved into exactly what you're describing. Us vs them. That is amplified by politicians and is beaten into the heads of their constituents by them and more recently by the media, and ends up looking like what we see every day. It's frustrating for someone like me that just wants the best person for the job because we haven't gotten that in a very long time.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder
The jew party.

I get to attend those during the holidays, lot of guilt. Count me out.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join