It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is I'm No Longer Liberal a New Trend?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I'm seeing this more and more from lifetime liberals that do not want to play this new woke game. I have seen this for awhile now, and I have expressed that the vast majority of the left are damn close to the vast majority of the right in they can agree on many things while also disagreeing on others. THIS IS HEALTHY...BTW and is where most of us live.

I have had this idea for awhile now and then I watched a Tim Pool Pod cast and I would think most may know of him, a very liberal person who still sees himself as liberal, but has move to the right, or has the left moved so far left that he is now right? That is the BIG question, as he pulls in 600k+ views is routinely on Joe Rogan and he had a strong left lesbian on his show named Arielle Scarcella who is also a 600k+ pod caster. The interesting thing was she stated she is leaving the liberal party and below is her I'm Leaving The Liberal Party pod cast. It is very short so please watch. I also recommend you all to watch Tim Pool's pod cast with her as she explains what has gone so far off the rails with the liberal party. She focuses mostly on the LGBT that has totally freaked out and in many cases has disowned the L part of that "Lesbians" as many of them do not buy into the new narrative.

As example: She has been slammed for many things because she doesn't accept everything this new awakened group puts forth. She doesn't accept that she is labeled a trans phobia because she does not accept that she shouldn't have an issue dating, having sex with a trans female just because they have a penis. SHE IS A LESBIAN!! lol

OK here is her coming out/leaving the liberal party... Note: She has been a big deal for over 10 years on YouTube as a very Liberal lesbian...

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I guess this is what happens when you create a personal identity out of a political party based on ideals you believe you both share. The lesson is, basing your identity around anything other than things you personally do is stupid and anyone who does that deserves that moment where that thing they believe in that shapes who they are does something against their ideals and their whole faith in the universe and themselves is shattered.

It's at that point they can make a choice, do what most people do and run to the next thing they can conform to based on their frail, fickle sense of self and ideals and or learn to grow up and be a big boy or girl and learn to have a sense of identity based on their own personal merits, abilities and ideals and stop placing so much stock in whatever group that's supposed to represent them that day does or says.
edit on 15/6/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

I guess this is what happens when you create a personal identity out of a political party based on ideals you believe you both share. The lesson is, basing your identity around anything other than things you personally do is stupid and anyone who does that deserves that moment where that thing they believe in that shapes who they are does something against their ideals and their whole faith in the universe and themselves is shattered.

It's at that point they can make a choice, do what most people do and run to the next thing they can conform to based on their frail, fickle sense of self and ideals and or learn to grow up and be a big boy or girl and learn to have a sense of identity based on their own personal merits, abilities and ideals and stop placing so much stock in whatever group that's supposed to represent them that day does or says.

Quoted for the most ignorant thing I've read all year, to date.

She didn't create a "personal identity" to conform to a "political party".

She already HAD a personal identity that she thought a certain political party identified WITH.

As someone who once was a part of the LGBT movement, mostly voted Democrat and then found out what happens if you DARE to question the narrative...

Much less leave the reservation and then have to deal with the scorn, the ridicule, the backstabbing and the absolute hatred you have to face from members of that political party BECAUSE of your personal beliefs...

You have no damn idea what you are talking about.

edit on 15-6-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

She already HAD a personal identity that she thought a certain political party identified WITH.

That's my point. She let her political party became part of her identity, it betrayed her like outside organizations always will.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I was always a moderate left person, never far left, although I used to like a protest that had a good reason for the protest. But lately the protests are not good protests, their based on distorted outlooks, too narrow minded of a view.

The policies the left are incorporating are far from having acceptable outcomes, they are not thinking about the changes they are making, a small change can change a lot of things to the bad for society. They cannot see they screwed up by their actions, they make excuses and blame the secondary side effects on everyone else. Over the years a lot of rules were created to stem off things that spurned off of the event, it was a way of heading off something so it could not get started, the left is challenging some of these conservative measures and is not analyzing why they were initially put in place. They stopped multiple actions in the years to come. People could see these as being problem areas, experience and observation and discussion led to the creation of policies that stopped more drastic things from happening.

Milk calms the crying baby, soy milk does not do that very well, neither does almond milk. They made kids and promoted everyone to drink milk before, for society it's opiate peptides worked well to settle the masses. But there were people who could not drink milk, but it was socially promoted to drink it. Now we are having more civility problems because so many people have gone away from milk, the thyroid limiting effect of soy milk actually makes it worse.....Iodine is a neural modulator, soy interferes with iodine absorption.. This is an example of one change and how it effects society. Think things over before changing things.

Once I started studying food changes and the fad diet happening in this country, I moved away from the progressive left and will never go back to supporting them again. I am seeing our society fall apart and civility is getting bad and it is all related to food chemistry to some extent. Too many of the wrong kinds of veggies can cause thinking problems...Cain killed Abel.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

If your post would’ve been addressed to everyone else on the left instead of her.

You would’ve nailed them .

I understood what you meant .

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 01:19 AM
link   

What do you do when the ideas of your party go off in crazy directions that just about everyone sees it.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Like when they elect a reality TV star who pretends to be a conservative?
edit on 6/16/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Okay,

Something about a lesbian dating a male to female trans with a penis and having heterosexual intercourse. Don't really care about the soapbox drama statements of leaving parties. Your 1 vote wont be missed by them. The impressionable, vulnerable masses that follow your social media presence might indeed follow suit because they aren't built upon themselves. To her I say, cool story.

But this lesbian being with a trans thing, I've never heard of this. Does it really happen? I thought lesbians aren't attracted sexually to male genitalia. After all, male to female trans rarely ever get a sex change or even aspire to. I frequent some social media apps, dating apps, and on these apps.. when you browse the females, a few out of every 10 locally will be trans. Some are more trans than others, "real" trans? Alot are gay men with wigs and lipstick on luring desperate, thirsty men which are rampant on those apps looking for quick, easy sex and openly advertise it on their profiles.

Kind of like "Hmu if you wanna link I'm trying to do this and that" advertising it. I have some gay male friends and they have a good level of self respect. Ironically or not so, they don't like trans at all. We basically agree that a fair number of them are doing it to be more attractive to straight men to lure them into promiscous sex. Gay male friends I have when single tend to seek many partners for the enjoyment of the encounters until they get feelings for a like minded guy. A straight guy seems to be a prize, although the jury is out as to how a straight guy can participate while being straight. Seduction or desperation, I don't know. To each their own and I hope they all enjoy what they do.

But this lesbian with a trans thing, did she actually date one or was it just a talking point like "what if?" because logically I'm failing to make sense of this. If this post is removed, I completely understand because this is taboo? I'm at a loss.
edit on 16-6-2020 by FlyingSquirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 01:43 AM
link   

That's my point. She let her political party became part of her identity, it betrayed her like outside organizations always will.

You missed my point.

What if, in your world you had a lot of people that identified with who you were and were happy with you.

What if you had a few websites, you had one that had 60k unique hits per month.

What if you were part of a ~squad~ in your town... white-wine women who hung out and had some fun talking about life and family and reality.

What if you had a few thousand people online that followed you, loved you and made your online life very fun?

What if you voiced to them and in your social media that you were thinking about voting in 2020 for Trump.

Then you found out some things.

Like the ~squad~ you were a part of only had you there because to them you were the trifecta of their virtue-signalling life... Native American Bisexual Woman. A trophy friend you could brag about having.

But not if I didn't vote Democrat. Kicked out of that squad.

Like the community that you spent a decade on promoting just black-listed you because of your new political position and got your website closed down.

Like half of your family suddenly blocked you on social media because you were not thinking like them.

Like what you thought was a good friend messaging you and telling you "The next time I visit you bitch it will be in the dark. Let your imagination fill in the rest."

All of that happened because I DARED to think for myself and chose another political candidate besides the Democrat-approved one.

Then maybe you will understand why people are leaving the Democratic party.

The party of hive-mind and hate.

edit on 16-6-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 01:46 AM
link   

As someone who once was a part of the LGBT movement, mostly voted Democrat and then found out what happens if you DARE to question the narrative...

Much less leave the reservation and then have to deal with the scorn, the ridicule, the backstabbing and the absolute hatred you have to face from members of that political party BECAUSE of your personal beliefs...

I think you have a damn good idea what she and I are talking about here. Hearing the story after story of this new woke group is crazy to a sane person. I truly believe they have disavowed the lesbians, have seen it personally.

I kind of focused on LGBT but it is basically across the board in so many areas of these extreme view points as radicals take over the party and the base just lets them not trying to upset anything, but they are destroying the party as they feel they can not push back or get a nice big label too...boy that is such a weapon isn't it?

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I think you have a damn good idea what she and I are talking about here. Hearing the story after story of this new woke group is crazy to a sane person. I truly believe they have disavowed the lesbians, have seen it personally.

I kind of focused on LGBT but it is basically across the board in so many areas of these extreme view points as radicals take over the party and the base just lets them not trying to upset anything, but they are destroying the party as they feel they can not push back or get a nice big label too...boy that is such a weapon isn't it?

Actually, the Bi's got thrown off the bus first.

We are not technically "gay"

We are not technically "lesbian".

Once the DNC got their hooks on the LGBT community and made them their newest victim class, it didn't take too long for them to start pushing for a "P" as in pedophile to be included as well.

That's when I left.

The LGBTQP~m-o-u-s-e~ movement is entirely of the DNC now.

~shrug~

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Like when they elect a reality TV star who pretends to be a conservative?

Address my OP without doing the "but what about Trump thing". How about a movie star... How about someone whose big claim to fame is "community organizer"... boy that's a big winner if we can ever figure out just what the hell that is, didn't really help him, now did it. How about someone who has done pretty much nothing in their whole life but politics...that is even a bigger winner isn't it..

Trump is a lot of things, has not even come close to how bad the left screamed he would be. Outside of his tweets has actually not done a bad job...Good enough to leak some of his "liberal" views into it all, Trump's criminal justice bill is so dam liberal makes you spit doesn't it.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

If someone were friends with Republicans and from a Republican voting family, part of a squad in their hometown (Let's say it's a guy and he's in a gun club but anything works)..

..and he said he was going to vote for Biden in 2020, don't you think it'd have the same effect?

All websites, blogs, sexual preferences, and races aside. But we can throw those in, especially the website part. He was influential to alot of people, then says he's going to vote Democrat. The rest of it is extra IMO.

It'd never happen to avoid the same situation, but could you imagine if one of the regular star sponges said they were going to vote for Biden?
edit on 16-6-2020 by FlyingSquirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Better to be an independent with a much more granular approach.
You have both liberal and conservative viewpoints without dragging in a lot of crap you do not like or could care less about.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingSquirrel

But this lesbian with a trans thing, did she actually date one or was it just a talking point like "what if?" because logically I'm failing to make sense of this. If this post is removed, I completely understand because this is taboo? I'm at a loss.

Lol crazy post in a good way.

She said that not to openly accepting trans females as a lesbian if that is what the trans says they are is wrong. That is a genius idea though wish I thought of it... I mean we always joke that a male is just a lesbian trapped in a man's body...lol

She went into more detail in the Jim Pool pod case, but crazy things like a trans female and a trans male together are considered heterosexual by their standards, as example...gets confusing...lol

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 02:14 AM
link   

a reply to: Lumenari

If someone were friends with Republicans and from a Republican voting family, part of a squad in their hometown (Let's say it's a guy and he's in a gun club but anything works)..

..and he said he was going to vote for Biden in 2020, don't you think it'd have the same effect?

All websites, blogs, sexual preferences, and races aside. But we can throw those in, especially the website part. He was influential to alot of people, then says he's going to vote Democrat. The rest of it is extra IMO.

In my lifetime I have mostly been politically Independent.. Democrat for about a decade.

I have never found a Conservative who gave a damn about my sexuality, my lifestyle or who I voted for.

Even in the oilfield when I was a solid Obama supporter.

In the scenario you just posted I at WORST would be made fun of behind my back.

Not blacklisted, threatened, had a source of income shut down or outright thrown out of the club you mentioned.

You are comparing apples and a$$holes.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 02:18 AM
link   

It'd never happen to avoid the same situation, but could you imagine if one of the regular star sponges said they were going to vote for Biden?

Doesn't 99% of Hollywood say that already? The takeaway is the left and right are swapping positions. The right is becoming more acceptable and the left is creating their own morality code that borderlines on some woke righteousness like a new religion.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Doesn't 99% of Hollywood say that already? The takeaway is the left and right are swapping positions. The right is becoming more acceptable and the left is creating their own morality code that borderlines on some woke righteousness like a new religion.

More acceptable, you mean like gay marriage and abortions, sex change etc ?

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Lots of "Liberals" and "Democrats" recently claiming they're switching away !!

I'm sure SOME are, but not MOST !

Never trust a Democrat for what they say. Instead WATCH what they DO 😆

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join